change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• naomssssss's Profile Photo

GIRLS WEEKEND!!! :)

by naomssssss Online Now Yesterday

Me and some friends are driving up from Canada to do a little shopping & well of course a little drinking. Where would be a great area to stay, near some good bars/dance clubs, so we're not paying a fortune in cab fair???

more
    • naomssssss's Profile Photo

GIRLS WEEKEND!!! :)

by naomssssss Online Now Yesterday

Me and some friends are driving up from Canada to do a little shopping & well of course a little drinking. Where would be a great area to stay, near some good bars/dance clubs, so we're not paying a fortune in cab fair???

1 Answer Yesterday
    • nevastar's Profile Photo

Is this possible without having to fly back to the USA?

by nevastar Online Now May 31, 2014 at 5:50 PM

I live in the USA. I want to fly to Dominican Republic. Than I want to fly to Brazil. I am thinking this is not possible without having to fly back to the USA... which would not be budget friendly. I am assuming it is not possible. I read you can't enter the Dominican without a flight leaving. I don't want to go back to the USA, I want to fly straight to Brazil. The thing is I don't know exactly how long I will be staying in DR? So my hopes of flying to DR with a one way ticket there was shot down. As for Brazil... I read you need a tourist visa issued from your resident country. Does this mean I would not be able to fly straight to Brazil from DR? Help!!!

8 Answers Jun 1, 2014 at 4:16 PM
    • safety in Minneapolis

by nadaleeiry Online Now Jan 19, 2014 at 10:22 PM

I don't live in Minneapolis currently but I am moving there in a week. I took a job that requires me to be at work by 4:30 a.m. I don't own a car and for some silly reason I assumed the bus line would be open at that time an of course I discover that they aren't. I'll be living downtown and I work down town too, so I was wondering, how dangerous is it to walk through uptown and downtown at 4 in the morning?????

3 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 3:18 AM
    • Transportation Minneapolis

by luna391 Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Hello ,
      What are the cheapest fares that I can get to go form Minneapolis Saint Paul airport to Washington avenue ?

8 Answers Sep 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM
    • praveenpd's Profile Photo

3 days in Minneapolis/Bloomington where to stay

by praveenpd Online Now Aug 7, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Hi,
      I will be visiting Minneapolis next week for business. I have work in Bloomington. Could you please recommend a good downtown hotel to stay. Any hangout recommendations for travellers to connect-bars, restaurants?. Any other recommendations on 'must do' are welcome.Thanks in advance

2 Answers Aug 7, 2013 at 4:55 PM
    • Viewpoints and Towers?

by ggbayley Online Now Jul 3, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend some towers which are open to climb or high points with great views in the Twin Cities area?

Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 3, 2013 at 6:10 PM
    • Minneapolis-St. Paul Layover

by R_J_D Online Now Jan 30, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Hi!

I will be having a 9 hours of layover in Minneapolis-St. Paul, I would like to know if I the following attractions are easily accessible from the airport and do you have any suggestions on how I can, at least see and take pictures, of these places in a very short period of time:

Minneapolis
      1. Minneapolis Institute of Arts
      2. Lake Harriet
      3. Target Field
      4. Lake of the Isles
      5. Stone Arch Bridge
      6. Guthrie Theater
      7. Chain of Lakes
      8. Mill City Museum
      9. Minnehaha Park
      10. American Swedish Institute
      11. Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
      12. Minneapolis Skyway System
      13. Basilica of St. Mary
      14. Mall Of America

St. Paul
      1. Cathedral of St. Paul
      2. St. Croix River

Thank you very much!

8 Answers Feb 5, 2013 at 6:21 PM
    • girls weekend

by jwjules Online Now Jan 9, 2013 at 11:27 AM

3 or 4 of us are planning a girls weekend in Minneapolis at the end of the month. We will be flying in from different places and meet at the airport. Originally we were going to Ely to dogsled and stay in a B&B but decided that it's too far for a long weekend and especially in iffy weather. We were thinking that staying downtown might be fun. Other things we like are B&B's, spas, wine, yoga. Not very excited about the MOA. What we are looking for are suggestions of where to stay and what to do.
      Thanks!

4 Answers Jan 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM
    • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

What to do during four hours in transit in Minneapolis?

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Aug 26, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Hi
      I have made my bookings to fly from Washington D.C. to Vancouver with Delta, transiting through Minneapolis/St Pauls.
      I will arrive on a Wednesday at 13:30 and fly out at 17:30, so have four hours in transit.
      I am frankly bamboozled by the immigration arrangements between the US and Canada, sp please excuse what might be very simplistic questions. I am presuming that my baggage will be checked through to Vancouver, as this is where I clear Canadian immigration and customs?
      As for myself, I am presuming that I will still be deemed to be in the US? If so, will I be allowed to pass through into the public area of the airport or do I have to stay 'planeside'? Even if I can pass into the public area, is four hours long enough to see/do anything?
      Regards
      Cathy

24 Answers Aug 26, 2012 at 4:00 PM
    • Camellia36's Profile Photo

POSSIBLE VISIT TO MINNEAPOLIS END OF SEPTEMBER

by Camellia36 Online Now May 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Thinking of continuing bus trip from Sioux Falls SD to Minneapolis to see more of US end of September, 2012. Would it be a good stop for a couple of days to see around? Any tours going in the city? Any advice would be great.
      Cheers

9 Answers Jun 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM
    • floydly's Profile Photo

Coming for a Conference

by floydly Online Now Apr 20, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I'm thinking of coming up for a teacher's conference end of Sept/first of Oct.. Will stay at the Hilton/MOA.. Thought I might take in a Twins game while there. Is there easy transportation to/from Target Field? Thanks,

1 Answer Apr 20, 2012 at 4:51 PM
    • Small Towns

by pbdancing Online Now Feb 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Anyone recommend some good small towns - nice bars and restaurants etc? The more obscure the better.

Many thanks,

Pb Dancing

7 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • africateach's Profile Photo

Ring in the New Year?

by africateach Online Now Sep 12, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Hello all!

I know it is a bit early, but wife and I finally got grandparents to sit for daughter over the holiday weekend and are going to be in the area over the New Years Eve weekend. We have tickets to football, reservations at Murray's, a plan to hit MofA and even the art museum, but no idea what to do or where to be to ring in the new year. We are not major drinkers, nor would we like to be in a crazy dance club full of kids! I have heard about Acme comedy club, but does it have shows NYE? What about after the show? Where should we go? Hotel party? Small bar? Somewhere we can be around couples and in a comfortable environment... too much to ask :}

Thanks much in advance.

• 2 and 1/2 days in Minneapolis

by DavidMH Online Now Sep 10, 2011 at 4:44 AM

Hi!
      We are a couple of friends from Spain planning to stay in Minneapolis from September 24, leaving on 27 in the morning. So we would stay 2 days and a half.

We're going to the Vikings-Lions game on sunday, since I'm a huge Vikings fan!!! SKOL VIKINGS!!! But besides that, I'm looking for suggestions.....
      My initial plan was: Day 1, visiting Minneapolis on the afternoon; Day 2, game day! then visiting St. Paul on the afternoon; Day 3, round-trip to Duluth.

However, maybe visiting Duluth is not worthy since we are staying for such a short time in Minneapolis...

Need some help and ideas; will be truly appreciated.

Thanks,

David

8 Answers Sep 11, 2011 at 7:32 AM
    • NelsonMa's Profile Photo

Visiting for Tigers/Twins weekend July 22-24

by NelsonMa Online Now Jul 4, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Our family will be coming to Minneapolis for a weekend series at Target Field. Looking for suggestions..... Baseball will be the main focus of the trip, going to at least two games Friday and Sunday. Where to stay? Downtown is OK, but not necessary, I understand there are many good transportation options.

Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
      Mark

10 Answers Sep 10, 2011 at 7:14 AM
    • Minneapolis to Duluth

by Tami57 Online Now Jun 19, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Hello & Happy Fathers Day. I understand from reading your posts. (Most Very Helpful) That Travelers can get around the Minneapolis St.Paul area via lite rail & bus, What about cities beyond?? We would like to see Split rock light house as well as other sites off the beaten path. I would assume renting a car would be best. We are coming in via Amtrak, where would we go to rent a car ? The Amtrak ticket only Says we arrive @ St.Paul/Minneapolis Amtrak station. Will there be signs like @ Airports?? So afraid of getting lost & missing our return train back to Indiana..Oh well go big or go home..Any comments will be very welcome. Thanks, Tami

1 Answer Jun 19, 2011 at 7:26 PM
    • Moving to Minneapolis

by vtTom Online Now May 29, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Hey Minneapolians! In August I'm coming towards this wonderful city to stay for half a year to gain work experience. Besides working I'll have quite some spare time (especially during the weekends) and I was wondering where this 21 year-old student could get to know other people. Sportive activities but also clubs or bars have my personal preference.

I'll be staying somewhere near the University of Minneapolis.

Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Jul 23, 2011 at 2:58 PM
    • Cabooze music venue

by brightone Online Now Apr 18, 2011 at 2:31 PM

hey minneapolis! i'm coming to your fair city on the 27th to see a show at Cabooze.. anyone been there?? Seein Mushroomhead with Livan. gonna be an epic rock show! anyone goin or been to this venue before? any good drinking holes to hip up before or after?

4 Answers Apr 26, 2011 at 10:05 AM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Activities for Kids

by csuresh Online Now Nov 27, 2010 at 5:02 PM

We have recently moved to Minneapolis area. Can you please suggest me attractions, places, activities for kids.

18 Answers Dec 12, 2010 at 7:37 AM
    • mgilks's Profile Photo

HELP!

by mgilks Online Now Nov 15, 2010 at 11:53 PM

can anybody help me? im looking for a busline that comes into minneapolis via canada, either manitoba or sask...can someone PLEASE help me out?

2 Answers Jun 9, 2012 at 4:17 PM
    • MSP vacation

by booklikeabook Online Now Jun 15, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Hey everyone!
      My GF and I are going to come up for the M S Fair, Walker, the MOA, and a show at First Avenue. I'm from Iowa, she's from Georgia.

I am looking for a place to stay for 4 nights over Labor Day weekend. I have seen a couple B&Bs, and a hostel, but I would like to avoid getting a car.

Any suggestions of where to stay that is close to public transit and non-corporate, non-chain, etc.?

Trip Advisor lists:

Le_Blanc_House
      Wales House
      Nicollet_Island_Inn
      Evelo_s_Bed_and_Breakfast
      Elmwood_House
      Coe Mansion Carriage
      Historic_Heights_B_B_and_Events
      Schooner_Rooming_House

Reviews vary ALOT on these...

The hostel is:
      Minneapolis International Hostel

Thanks for reading!

Chas.

3 Answers Aug 14, 2010 at 6:54 AM
    • fairlight's Profile Photo

how far is riverfront district from sculpture garden?

by fairlight Online Now May 7, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Is it possible to walk from Riverfront district in Minneapolis to the Sculpture garden? How long would it take, approximately?

Thank you

6 Answers May 8, 2010 at 11:33 AM
    • Guide / companion - for traveling across the city

by radv Online Now Feb 21, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Hi,

Is there anybody who can accompany/guide me over the weekends to travel across the city, visit the places generally ? Obviously somebody who knows the city well, does not have much work, rather have time to kill during weekends [like me] and do not mind jut walking around the city, try out eateries, buses, rails - mostly budget options, may be going to museums, parks, lakes - though they are frozen now, the river etc.

I am staying till march end - in Eagan MN. Though this may not be the best of weather, I am not sure if I will ever be back here. Being on my own and exploring the bus routes and rail routes and all possible places is definitely an option - but it will be easier for me, if somebody who knows them, is there to guide, just in case.

Thanks a lot.

• local sightseeing

by cjrao08 Online Now Dec 23, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Hello, Myself and my wife have come to this place from India and is staying with our daughter and son-in-law. We will be here for a couple of months. We wish to see all the tourist attractions in and around Minneapolis. We would like to know if any conducted tours are available in luxury coaches on daily basis or during week-ends by travel operators or by any Government tourism dept.
      If such facility is available please furnish me with the details. Also your advice and guidance.

Thanks and best wishes

C.Jagannadha Rao

8 Answers Dec 30, 2009 at 5:23 AM
    • what to do that is fun in Minneapolis October 2 to 4 , 2009

by minchenden Online Now Sep 24, 2009 at 6:03 AM

we are arriving in Minneapolis Friday, October 2, leaving Sunday afternoon, October 4. We like hanging out in fun and interesting, funky places, art museums, coffee shops, walking around and taking in the ambiance generally. What can you suggest....................

3 Answers Sep 24, 2009 at 9:54 AM
    • desertlavender's Profile Photo

Does Downtown Minneapolis Do Funky?

by desertlavender Online Now Sep 5, 2009 at 6:39 PM

I'll be traveling to Minneapolis for a trade show next week and staying in a large downtown hotel. On Google Earth street view, this area looks like nothing but high-rise office buildings and big hotels. Are there any good independent bookstores, coffee shops, hole-in-the-wall ethnic eateries, funky boutiques or other interesting non-chain-store stuff to see and do in the Nicollet Mall, or within a reasonable walk/cab ride?

3 Answers Sep 6, 2009 at 4:57 AM
    • L2go's Profile Photo

Places to stay in September

by L2go Online Now Jul 29, 2009 at 11:56 PM

We will be visiting the Twin Cities in mid-September. Would we get better rates with a weekend package at some downtown hotel or at an outlying (suburban?) motel? Is there a big disadvantage to staying in an outlying area?
      Thanks,
      L2go

4 Answers Aug 4, 2009 at 5:34 AM
    • Need a Car for 3 Months

by Raj21 Online Now Jul 7, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Hi,
      I will be in Minneapolis for 3 Months, I need a car for the period, what are my options, any suggestins would greatly help me :)

2 Answers Jul 7, 2009 at 7:48 PM
    • JoeNYC's Profile Photo

Sundays?

by JoeNYC Online Now May 11, 2009 at 1:14 PM

I've got Monday meetings in downtown Minneapolis and so will be hanging around Sunday and Sunday night. I heard most things are closed on Sundays. Is that true? Any suggestions for places for a Sunday in downtown?

1 Answer Jun 3, 2009 at 3:05 PM
    • Good muay thai lessons

by sportie Online Now Mar 5, 2009 at 2:52 AM

Wondering if anyone could recommend a good gym to go for muay thai lessons? Will be in Minneapolis for 3 months for work and keen to continue muay thai training.