Minneapolis Travel Answers

change location

partying in minnneapolis

by rnstrick Online Now Jul 27, 2008 at 6:03 PM

I am coming to minnesota this weekend august 2, 2008. I want several places to party. I like dancing. I am 50 but I dance like I am 35. Prefer music in top 40 class. No country music. Like rhythm and blues and love to shake my rump to the funk. I also want to visit the mall of america. I am planning on staying downtown at the marriott. Any suggestions!!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • laforstraveller's Profile Photo

Re: partying in minnneapolis

by laforstraveller Online Now Jul 28, 2008 at 2:30 PM

Pretty much any club in downtown Mnpls will fit the bill. I really can't think of any that play country music--those clubs are out in the burbs. It hard to walk any street within downtown Mnpls and not find a club--you'll have plenty of choices, and you'll certainly hear the music blaring out on the street. If you're flying in, the light rail runs from the airport to downtown Mnpls and from downtown to the Mall of America, thus eliminating the need for a car. The Mall of America is huge, with a small amusement park in the center. You'll find a lot of repeat stores though. I believe that there are 3 or 4 Victoria's Secrets and about the same number of Bath & Body Works, for example. There are the typical mall stores such as New York and Company, Gap, The Limited, Eddie Bauer, etc. There are some local themed shops and a few "high-end" shops like Burberry and Coach. The four department stores that anchor the mall are Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Sears, and Nordstrom.

Enjoy your weekend of drinking, dancing, and shopping!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lkdahl's Profile Photo

Re: partying in minnneapolis

by lkdahl Online Now Jul 30, 2008 at 9:04 AM

Most of the "clubs" in downtown Minneapolis cater to a very young crowd. Try 508 which is located on 1st Avenue North between 5th and 6th Street. Also near by is Drink and Rosen's The District, both of which tend to draw a mixed aged crowd. They are both located on 1st Ave. North and 5th St. If you don't mind hanging out with 21 year olds, try Bootleggers on 1st. Ave. North and 4th St., Sneaky Pete's on 5th St., between Hennepin and 1st Ave.

If you get tired of dancing, try Shouthouse piano bar in Block E on Hennepin, between 7th St. and 6th St, it's alot of fun. If you want to hangout with a higher end crowd try Norman's/Seven Sushi, they have a great rooftop and way overpriced drinks and you can rub elbows with the "beautiful people". It's located on the corner of Hennepin and 7th St. Definately dress up and bring a lot of money if you plan on going there.

Also try the Local Pub, Irish pub located on Nicollet and 10th St. and Brit's Pub, British pub, which is located on Nicollet and 11th St. There's no dancing but on weekend nights both are packed.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines