Minneapolis Travel Answers

change location

ALSO NEW TO ST. CLOUD -HELP.

by Xtranaut Online Now Jan 14, 2006 at 10:14 PM

I seee that a few of my questions are already answered here and i am wondering in Charlize made the trip and is living in St. Cloud and can tell me what she thinks and should I move from Florida? I have an interview next week and am flying up. From all that i have read, St. Cloud is a great place to live. I don't have the option of living anywhere closer to TCs. MY job will be in St. Cloud and with an employer who requires me to live in the county and immediate area of SC. Most of that has to do with weather but the other part is dealing with clients so being "on of the family" is important.

Coming from Florida is not as hard as you might think. I lived in Chicago for two years. Onlything is I lived uptown by the lake and river in a high rise and walked to work 2 miles each way or took the train when I had to go a distance or to the airport. I had a car in the in the city but never used it so driving in the heavy stuff is something I am NOT used to. DO THEY KEEP THE ROADS CLEAR ENOUGH that my RWD Caddy CTS will make the trip? Can't affod to buy a new set of wheels yet and would imagine that car is not so popular in Minn.

THIS IS A BIG PAY CUT FOR ME but money jobs are not abundant. I have heard that the land of 10,000 taxes really sucks up your salary. IS THAT TRUE? Here in Florida we have NO state income tax and in Illinois itsa only 3% and you get most of that back. I see the high level in MN is almost 8%. That is high.
Do you get any kind of a break -deduction, etc and is that just on high income levels - if so, wheer does that start (income)?

HOUSES?? Being from a water active state like florida, I would love o live on water..river or lake. Where is the best place considered the best bargain close to St. Cloud to do that? I also would like an acre or more with a house that isnt too big but combined with basement is maybe 2500 sq feet. What am I looking to pay for osmething nice with those specs and maybe on water with a litte land? ARE UTITLIES HIGH in St. Cloud because it's robbery here.

TEMPORARY DIGS. I think I am going to need a place to rent or a corporate suites type thing that wll accept medium dogs. I have two. i also have a cat and 2 parrots. I know. It sounds like I am a traveling ZOO but i love animals.
I have an AKITA that is looking forward to this trip after a long hot summer.
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I WOULD FIND SUCH A PLACE OR FIND A RENTSAL BOARD I CAN POST ON FOR AN APARTMENT OR TOWNHOUSE // My pets are trained and crated when we are not around.

My wife is also looking for a position in medical. She has an adminsitrative and director background. What is the best route for her to take looking for work in St. Cloud?

Any of your comments and suggestions will make this transition easier. I thank you.

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines