Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travel from Yangon to Bago .

Bago Sep 14, 2015 at 10:19 AM

We will be on a cruise. My husband and I want to go from Yangon to Bago one day, round trip . What is the quickest and least expensive way to do that? Thank you! Janice

• BraidsL's Profile Photo

Will taxis take US currency?

Burma 8 hours ago

I will be taking a taxi from airport in Langon to downtown hotel. Will they take US currency?

• davidjo's Profile Photo

Burma Sep 28, 2015 at 12:38 AM

Already purchased the flights and now preparing the itinerary, I know the country is changing fast so i have a couple of questions if you have been to Myanmar recently.

1. I am told that the money changers are not so fussy about brand sparkling new dollar notes any longer, and slightly used once are now accepted. Is this true? I would assume money changers deal with pounds and euros. And are ATMs are widely available in all towns and cities.

2. It looks as if there is a shortage of accommodation due to the influx of tourists and prices are high, but should i book accommodation a couple of months in advance, or is it still possible to turn up and find a room ? Did you have any problems with advanced bookings when you arrived at the accommodation.

3. We will be flying into Rangoon at 8.30 am . Would it be possible to purchase train tickets to Mandalay for that evening. OR bus tickets if train is full?

4. Looks like long distance buses travel during the night. I am hoping to get the best buses available so are they air-conditioned ? I am led to believe that it can get very cold on the roads at night. . Do we need jackets and sweaters?

5. We plan on staying at Pyin Oo Lwin and we would like to see the Goteik Viaduct. Rather than taking the train in both directions would there be a bus to or back from Nawngpeng on the far side of the viaduct. The train crosses the viaduct at lunchtime so the bus/pick-up/share taxi would have to be around that time.

6. I understand that trains, hotels, entrance fees and tours can be paid in Kyat now. What has to be paid in dollars?

• ship to rangoon

Rangoon Sep 13, 2015 at 8:36 PM

i have read that it takes an hour to get from the ship to the city of rangoon. is that true? if we do not book a cruise excursion are there other day tours we might get from the dock? thank you! janice

• Why not Myanmar?

Burma Oct 5, 2015 at 8:35 AM

Isn't that the name of the country now? Why is VT using Burma?

• Stendy's Profile Photo

Boat Price and Schedule

by Stendy Online Now Aug 19, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Hi, Anyone know how much the cost for boat transfer from Mandalay to Mingun? Is there any regular boat schedule or we have to charter it.

4 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 10:48 PM