Already purchased the flights and now preparing the itinerary, I know the country is changing fast so i have a couple of questions if you have been to Myanmar recently.
1. I am told that the money changers are not so fussy about brand sparkling new dollar notes any longer, and slightly used once are now accepted. Is this true? I would assume money changers deal with pounds and euros. And are ATMs are widely available in all towns and cities.
2. It looks as if there is a shortage of accommodation due to the influx of tourists and prices are high, but should i book accommodation a couple of months in advance, or is it still possible to turn up and find a room ? Did you have any problems with advanced bookings when you arrived at the accommodation.
3. We will be flying into Rangoon at 8.30 am . Would it be possible to purchase train tickets to Mandalay for that evening. OR bus tickets if train is full?
4. Looks like long distance buses travel during the night. I am hoping to get the best buses available so are they air-conditioned ? I am led to believe that it can get very cold on the roads at night. . Do we need jackets and sweaters?
5. We plan on staying at Pyin Oo Lwin and we would like to see the Goteik Viaduct. Rather than taking the train in both directions would there be a bus to or back from Nawngpeng on the far side of the viaduct. The train crosses the viaduct at lunchtime so the bus/pick-up/share taxi would have to be around that time.
6. I understand that trains, hotels, entrance fees and tours can be paid in Kyat now. What has to be paid in dollars?
ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE APPRECIATED
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2015 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|