Milwaukee

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Sat Sun Mon Tue in MIlwaukee

by ABrew Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Hi there I am arriving in Milwaukee on Sat the 16th march from New Zealand..staying downtown I was just wondering what I should try and see or do while i'm in Milwaukee that would give me a real appreciation for the city and it people.
      are there any events on around this time for a 30's something guy..Thanks

6 Answers Mar 7, 2013 at 9:39 PM
    • The Safe House Milwaukee

by midnightfever Online Now Apr 17, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Hello everybody,

could anybody give me a hint concerning the password to get into the Safe House in Milwaukee?

Thank you and greetings!

midnightfever

3 Answers Apr 18, 2012 at 6:27 AM
    • Which park and fly hotels are safer?

by bondguy Online Now Jul 21, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Hi,

We're going to stay one night near Milwaukee airport in August prior to our flight the following day. Read about various car break in incidences here and at some hotel review sites. Is this a prevalent issue? I was going to stay at the HI Express MKE. Is that considered a safe area/hotel? If not, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Jul 22, 2011 at 2:22 PM
    • rentedcow's Profile Photo

Milwaukee Irish Fest

by rentedcow Online Now Aug 11, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Any suggestion on where to stay to be close to the Milwaukee Irish Fest? I would rather not drive to the event.

Thank you.

1 Answer Aug 12, 2010 at 11:05 AM
    • Hotel Wisconsin still in business?

by ffootos Online Now May 22, 2010 at 9:56 AM

I tried to call the number for Hotel Wisconsin 414 271-4900, and I got this message that the line was disconnected. Has Hotel Wisconsin gone out of business?

• SWIMMING

by NAVYBRYAN Online Now Jun 28, 2009 at 12:41 PM

I'm new to Milwaukee and trying to find somewhere to jump off something high into water, like a cliff or something similar. Are there any rock quarries or cliffs around? Not really interested in diving boards.

3 Answers Aug 20, 2009 at 10:14 AM
    • racine or milwaukee or north chicago

by christin40 Online Now Jan 7, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I am thinking about one of these three cities to move to while my fiancee is in Basic Training and AIT in Great Lakes I know every city has it's bad parts, but which one would be the safest for me

4 Answers Jul 18, 2009 at 9:43 PM
    • Seabiscuit's Profile Photo

Milwaukee to Toronto (ONT) Using the Ferry System

by Seabiscuit Online Now May 9, 2008 at 4:46 PM

Low and high, high and low, I have looked everywhere. Has anyone done the Milwaukee, WI to Toronto, ONT trip using the ferry system across Lakes Michigan and Huron (God, I hope that's the right lake). I'm trying to find a way to avoid a nasty trip just on the US highway system going to Connecticut. Toronto to Connecticut is a scant 9 hour drive, whereas, Rochester, MN to CT is around 20 hrs. We will be taking a car (obviously) so portage with that item is mandatory.

We'll be heading out May 20. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
      A gagillion thanks to anyone that can help.
      Jeff-

5 Answers May 10, 2008 at 1:40 PM
    • Polish restaurants and booze

by husker_mike Online Now May 6, 2008 at 6:40 PM

I will be visiting Milwaukee in July. Are there any Polish restaurants, delis, grocery stores or liquor stores that carry Polish beers or booze? Thanks!

1 Answer May 6, 2008 at 7:07 PM
    • Restaurant Recommendations for Milwaukee?

by randallm Online Now May 1, 2008 at 7:08 PM

Will be in Milwaukee in July and looking for any tips on good restaurants, from casual to upscale. any assistance appreciated. Looking forward to visiting.

5 Answers Jun 22, 2010 at 8:12 AM
    • Coming to Milwaukee for July 3rd Fireworks

by wpyrock Online Now Jun 25, 2007 at 10:31 PM

I will be driving from Minneapolis down to Racine for the July 4th parade and hope to make it to Milwaukee in time for the fireworks.

I hear that parking is a nightmare and coming from out of town, I would like some help.

Can you see the fireworks from the Summerfest grounds?

Can you take the Summerfest shuttles and go to Veterans Park?

Just trying to see what I am getting myself into.

Thanks!

2 Answers Jun 27, 2007 at 10:16 PM
    • Nightlife help

by Afriken Online Now Jun 21, 2007 at 8:47 PM

In town for a few nights. Single, but not into the strip club scene. Looking for the places where it's happening at night. Where do all the hotties go? That is where I want to be so help me out please!!

• joebarcas's Profile Photo

Business visit

by joebarcas Online Now Jan 24, 2007 at 10:37 AM

Hi. I just found out that I will be making several trips to Milwaukee over the next few weeks for business. Any suggestions on how to keep busy during the evenings? Thanks, Joe

2 Answers Jan 31, 2007 at 3:54 PM
    • things for kids near the amtrack station in milwaukee

by orderrx Online Now Jun 21, 2006 at 9:12 AM

i would like to take amtrack from chicago to milwaukee with my grandchildren,ages 2 thru 11.is there anything of interest for them near the amtrack station?

2 Answers Sep 13, 2006 at 10:12 PM
    • travelmad478's Profile Photo

Walking at night in downtown Milwaukee?

by travelmad478 Online Now May 28, 2006 at 6:36 AM

I'm staying in MKE for one night next week at the Pfister Hotel and have thought about heading to Zaffiro's (1724 N Farwell Ave.) for dinner. I'd like to walk there, which seems to be just over a mile according to Google Maps (for me, this is a nice distance for walking).

However, is it a safe walk for a solo female in the evening? Should I take a cab, at least on the way back?

Other tasty/casual dining options for a solo diner in the downtown area also appreciated!

7 Answers Sep 21, 2006 at 1:03 PM
    • vintage and discontinued dinnerware/furniture

by whittaker1 Online Now Apr 11, 2006 at 6:24 PM

Hi, I lived in Appleton about 3 years ago and remember going to a very large warehouse store that stocked dinnerware, pots, etc some that came from restaurants. They also had furniture, again some new and some from closed restaurants. It was in a very out of the way neighborhood that I think was near a highway just north and west of the city. They might have also done furniture repair. It may have even been near an old brewery. Now that I am moving back to Milwaukee, I would like to visit the store again. Anyone have any ideas on the name or location? Appreciate the help.

1 Answer Oct 21, 2007 at 8:51 PM
    • vintage and discontinued dinnerware/furniture

by whittaker1 Online Now Apr 9, 2006 at 3:51 PM

Hi, I lived in Appleton about 3 years ago and remember going to a very large warehouse store that stocked dinnerware, pots, etc some that came from restaurants. They also had furniture, again some new and some from closed restaurants. It was in a very out of the way neighborhood that I think was near a highway just north and west of the city. They might have also done furniture repair. It may have even been near an old brewery. Now that I am moving back to Milwaukee, I would like to visit the store again. Anyone have any ideas on the name or location? Appreciate the help.

• Knickerbocker by the Lake

by josh_1782 Online Now Sep 24, 2005 at 3:30 PM

Hey all,

I'm going to be travelling down to your fine city in april with a friend for 4 nights to see the Frozen Four at the Bradley Center. I have started planning my trip and the cheapest I could get within walking distance of the Bradley Center is the Knickerbocker by the Lake it's about 13 blocks away. Yes, everything within one mile is booked, believe me I tried. Anyway I've been having a hard time finding info about the hotel, can anyone help me whos stayed there or lives near there? I was tossing between that and the Executive Inn more in the center of downtown, so fill me in guys, did I reserve a dump or is it decent? I'm not real picky, but I don't want to stay in a dump either, after all I just graduated from college so I had that for the last 4 years. Thanks all!

3 Answers Oct 26, 2005 at 2:30 PM
    • Transportation

by melmoth Online Now Jun 8, 2005 at 8:39 AM

I am seeking information on cab transportation in Milwaukee. I have some mobility problems, so it is best for me to get a hotel near my ultimate destinations, and taxi to wherever those venues might be. Even realatively close parking can be trying. A cab to the door takes care of the problem. I know taxis are plentiful, but what I can't find on the web, is any idea of price. All trips would be in the downtown area, and not exceed four miles. If cab costs are beyond sensible reach then we'll have to change plans. Not: Busses are no longer a good method for me.
      Regards

1 Answer Jun 8, 2005 at 10:49 AM
    • Bad side of town? Good side of town?

by Alias_Spy Online Now Apr 4, 2005 at 10:15 PM

Hi! I'm from the south and I'm planning to move to Milwaukee. Is there anyone from Milwaukee or anyone who knows the city pretty well who could tell me what part of town I should stay in? Are there specific parts of Milwaukee I should be careful while I'm there? Bad parts of town? Good parts of town? FYI: I'm planning to attend UW-Milwaukee. Is it safer near the university? Any useful information is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 14, 2006 at 8:47 AM
    • Cheap Room for aprox. 8 days

by thesmyle Online Now Aug 2, 2004 at 1:54 AM

Hello, I've been searching for some cheap rooming and the hostels that i found near milwaukee is closed after aug 2. i've been looking up "bed & breakfast" typeof places but all i get is high prices... im looking for a cheap place to stay from aug20-28. i dont' wnat to spend so much money on a room. if anyone can show me to a cheap place to stay please let me know! soeungyuen@yahoo.com

6 Answers Aug 6, 2004 at 1:30 AM
    • gkitzmil's Profile Photo

active VT group in Milwaukee?

by gkitzmil Online Now Jun 12, 2004 at 5:15 PM

It looks like a lot of VT posters from Milwaukee have not been online for quite awhile. As a VT regular (for 4 years) I've enjoyed meeting VTers. If any VTers are in Milwaukee June 21 through 24 we might set up a quick meeting!

1 Answer Aug 18, 2004 at 9:33 PM
    • Drive to Niagra Falls

by Fireworks Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 3:11 PM

What is the best rout to Niagra falls through Canada, & how long does it take to get there?

1 Answer Jun 1, 2004 at 10:36 PM
    • Milwaukee nightlife?

by Pizle Online Now Nov 6, 2003 at 9:19 AM

Me and few buddies will be passing through Milwaukee on a X-Country road trip. We've heard that the city is a real good time but we were wondering what the best places to go would be if you were a 23 year old looking for some clubs, bars, etc. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks, JP

5 Answers Jan 12, 2005 at 1:16 PM
    • Leopolean's Profile Photo

Hotel in Downtown

by Leopolean Online Now Oct 21, 2003 at 11:05 AM

Would I be better off at the Hilton or the Best Western Downtown? The BW is30/night less expensive.

1 Answer Jan 10, 2004 at 8:24 PM
    • Deus_ultima's Profile Photo

Sausage race!!

by Deus_ultima Online Now Sep 13, 2002 at 4:38 PM

Can anyone tell me about the sausage race at the Brewers games?? :) I keep hearing about it..i think I'd like to go just to see it :)

12 Answers Dec 10, 2003 at 10:53 PM