Milwaukee Travel Answers

change location
joebarcas's Profile Photo

Business visit

by joebarcas Online Now Jan 24, 2007 at 10:37 AM

Hi. I just found out that I will be making several trips to Milwaukee over the next few weeks for business. Any suggestions on how to keep busy during the evenings? Thanks, Joe

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • apuleuis's Profile Photo

RE: Business visit

by apuleuis Online Now Jan 29, 2007 at 7:59 PM

The Milwaukee Art museum is very nice, even if you're not huge into art. There are also the Domes (not sure of their exact name) with tropical and desert biospheres, great for winter. And of course - Milwaukee is famous for it's beer. You will find many bars with their own micro-brews and live music. You could also catch a Buck's game this time of year. Thats all I can think of for now.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Tom_In_Madison's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Business visit

by Tom_In_Madison Online Now Jan 31, 2007 at 3:54 PM

If you ice skate, there is not only Petit Center, but an outdoor rink right downtown..can't remember where but everyone(except me) knows the spot.

Miller & Sprecher have good Brewery tours, and last time I was at Miller,they gave you 2 free postcards that they'll send out for you from their-so bring addresses with you. Water Street Brewery on Water St is a good brewpub. Milw Ale House more near south is nice too, an old roommate works there. Nice area there too.

If you're there on a friday, fish fries are everywhere, all-u-can eat usually with fries and coleslaw...Serb Hall is allegedly the best, but it's debateable.

Mitchel Park Domes is what was mentioned above, also Boerner Botanical Gardens is similar but smaller.

I see you like a bit of beer.....try "Wolski's" off Brady St(?) [about 10 blocks north of downtown-great Italian bakeries there too] and 'Von Triers'. Walk along the river front for the few blocks they have made it nice.

Go to the 'Safehouse', a James Bond type bar....go. International Exports is on the sign outside, go into the lobby and go in. If you can't figure out how to get in, ask the woman sitting there. Or you'll hear how when you're there.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines