Milwaukee Travel Answers

change location

Milwaukee nightlife?

by Pizle Online Now Nov 6, 2003 at 9:19 AM

Me and few buddies will be passing through Milwaukee on a X-Country road trip. We've heard that the city is a real good time but we were wondering what the best places to go would be if you were a 23 year old looking for some clubs, bars, etc. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks, JP

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • debrajeandaria's Profile Photo

Re: Milwaukee nightlife?

by debrajeandaria Online Now Nov 6, 2003 at 11:00 AM

Hi JP, There are lots of places to go. Water Street (right downtown) has tons of bars and restaurants. Its a huge college/preppy crowd. Rosie's and O'Danny's are nice. Then there's the Brady St area (If you go north on Water St. it will actually turn into Brady St) Its a yuppie/hippie/italian neighborhood. On Brady, I like Jo Cat's pub and the Hi Hat. Also if you're hungry check out Zaffiro's for Pizza, they close at midnight. Or go to Appollo cafe for Greek food-they're open much later. Also i like Eve and Kenedee's on Milwaukee Ave, and Fly Bar on South 5th near National Av. Those are all very trendy nightclubs. I live in Milwaukee so email if you want more info. debrajeandaria@earthlink.net.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Milwaukee nightlife?

by Pizle Online Now Nov 6, 2003 at 1:42 PM

Thank you so much. That's all we needed to hear. And I'm assuming it's gonna be pretty cold around January? We're coming from Ny so we are no starngers to snow. Thanks once again.. JP

• debrajeandaria's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Milwaukee nightlife?

by debrajeandaria Online Now Nov 7, 2003 at 10:19 AM

Yeah, it'll be cold. Probably 20's and 30's, but maybe even colder. I don't know if we get as much snow as New York. I wouldn't worry too much about that. If you ever come to Milwaukee again, it would be better to come durring Summerfest (end of June and early July) It's like a two week drinking and music party. Well have fun :)

• kosalof's Profile Photo

by kosalof Online Now Jan 10, 2004 at 8:36 PM

try www.onmilwaukee.com for suggestions.... Don't forget the Third Ward, south of the freeway on Water St.

• ABankerMU's Profile Photo

by ABankerMU Online Now Jan 12, 2005 at 1:16 PM

Marquette University is several blocks west of downtown along Wisconsin Ave. You could check out the bars around there for a younger, college crowd. Murphy's or Caffrey's are the more popular ones. The Water Street selections that the other user suggested are good ones. Also try The Oak Barrel and McGillicudys. O'Danny's tends to be a bit of a sausage-fest. On Brady, Joe Cats has always been packed solid when I've been there. I like to have a little room to breathe. The Hi-Hat is a good place, connected to The Garage. The East Side has some good bars along North Ave.: The East Sider, BBC's, Lava, Cans. Kenedee's is a great place, more of a young professionals crowd. Taylor's is decent, too. Good luck!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines