Milwaukee Travel Answers

change location
Deus_ultima's Profile Photo

Sausage race!!

by Deus_ultima Online Now Sep 13, 2002 at 4:38 PM

Can anyone tell me about the sausage race at the Brewers games?? :) I keep hearing about it..i think I'd like to go just to see it :)

Quote & Answer
12 Answers
  • zuriga's Profile Photo

Re: Sausage race!!

by zuriga Online Now Sep 13, 2002 at 4:49 PM

It sounds like something that goes along with the Cheeseheads. :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Deus_ultima's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Sausage race!!

by Deus_ultima Online Now Sep 13, 2002 at 4:53 PM

Never heard of them. :S The only odd thing we have in Montreal at baseball games is that everytime I was there during "1$ day" there was at least one naked dude or clown running the field. We also have dog day...pretty stupid if you ask me, where everyone brings their dogs at the ballpark :S

• zuriga's Profile Photo

by zuriga Online Now Sep 13, 2002 at 4:57 PM

Maybe the Wisconsin cheeseheads only show him at football games. They wear those weird hats on their heads.. like swiss cheese. I miss not going to baseball games. My team was the Phillies.. now you know why I haven't seen a game in years. I never could get myself to root for the Mets or Yankees.

by Deus_ultima Online Now Sep 13, 2002 at 5:03 PM

My understanding is that the sausage race is actually guys dressed as sausages racing or somehting at everygame.

• sambarnett's Profile Photo

Re: Sausage race!!

by sambarnett Online Now Sep 13, 2002 at 5:27 PM

They do it in the sixth inning. A Polish sausage, an Italian sausage, a Bratwurst and a Hot Dog race down the third base line and up the first. With the costumes, they must at least 8 or 9 feet tall. As much as I hate gimmicks in baseball, it is a lot of fun. Much more fun than watching the Brewers over the past few seasons... ;)

by Deus_ultima Online Now Sep 13, 2002 at 5:32 PM

I love those "gimmicks"! :) I'm taking a very precious VT member to a game sunday (got V.I.P tickets!) ;) The drinks and chips will be 1$ (canadian) and it's going to be a "back in time" game where the players wear their 80's uniform and past players come and sign autographs :)

• Raunchy_Poet's Profile Photo

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Sep 13, 2002 at 7:04 PM

DU - I prefer not to race my sausage, but let it take its own pace. RP :-)

• kaloz's Profile Photo

by kaloz Online Now Sep 13, 2002 at 7:06 PM

When I lived in Cleveland Ohio, we had some promotions at sporting events. The most famous was "nickle beer" night at the old Cleveland stadium, back when they could only draw 3000 fans to a game. They sold out the 80,000 stadium, but had to forfeit the game due to drunken behavior from the "fans". My favorite was at a Lumberjacks game, IHL, "Buzz Cut" night. The mascot, Buzz the Beaver, would shave your head. How's that for a promotion?

• Re: Sausage race!!

by WT_Buffalo Online Now Dec 8, 2002 at 12:37 PM

The sausage races consist of 4 people, sometimes local celebs dressed as a Bratwurst, Polish Sausage, Italian Sausage, and Hot Dog who race around the base paths starting and ending at home plate. The "race" is surrounded by 9 innings of the WORST baseball in the free world. Do yourself a favor.. go to a minor league game and enjoy their promos and superior baseball for less money.

by Deus_ultima Online Now Dec 8, 2002 at 12:47 PM

I dunno...dressing as a sausage and tackling another one for fame sounds strangely appealing to me! :)

by Deus_ultima Online Now Dec 8, 2002 at 12:53 PM

Call me queer as long as I get to dress an an italian sausage for free! Maybe we could do sdausage football!, sausage wrestling.. The possibilities!! :D

• Re: Re: Sausage race!!

by Cassp82 Online Now Dec 10, 2003 at 10:53 PM

As long as you don't beat down our sausages with baseballs bats heres the info: A hot dog, a brat, a polish and italian sausage race around the bases during seventh inning stretch. Different people are inside them each time so you really don't know who's gonna win. It's a fun thing to watch at Miller Park. Also, watch for Bernie Brewer and drink some beer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines