Milwaukee Travel Answers

change location

Sat Sun Mon Tue in MIlwaukee

by ABrew Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Hi there I am arriving in Milwaukee on Sat the 16th march from New Zealand..staying downtown I was just wondering what I should try and see or do while i'm in Milwaukee that would give me a real appreciation for the city and it people.
are there any events on around this time for a 30's something guy..Thanks

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Dabs's Profile Photo

Re: Sat Sun Mon Tue in MIlwaukee

by Dabs Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Take a look for events for St. Patrick's Day, I don't know if it's as big in Milwaukee as it is in Chicago but Milwaukee knows how to put on festivals, It looks like Milwaukee's parade is the previous weekend but there should be plenty of things going on with live music that weekend.

You should definitely try some German food, Mader's is a popular tourist oriented restaurant, if you want something that is a notch up from that, Karl Ratzsch's has excellent food.

We usually visit in the summer where there is more outdoors stuff to do, I've enjoyed visiting the Pabst Mansion, the Milwaukee Museum of Art, and the Conservatory.

I've never taken a brewery tour but that is part of Milwaukee's history, here's a website to get you started, I'm sure you can google and find some reviews

http://milwaukeebrewerytours.com/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Dabs's Profile Photo

by Dabs Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Take a look for events for St. Patrick's Day, I don't know if it's as big in Milwaukee as it is in Chicago but Milwaukee knows how to put on festivals, It looks like Milwaukee's parade is the previous weekend but there should be plenty of things going on with live music that weekend.

You should definitely try some German food, Mader's is a popular tourist oriented restaurant, if you want something that is a notch up from that, Karl Ratzsch's has excellent food.

We usually visit in the summer where there is more outdoors stuff to do, I've enjoyed visiting the Pabst Mansion, the Milwaukee Museum of Art, and the Conservatory.

I've never taken a brewery tour but that is part of Milwaukee's history, here's a website to get you started, I'm sure you can google and find some reviews

http://milwaukeebrewerytours.com/

• by ABrew Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 6:06 PM

thanks very much..would love to do the summer as well..unfortunately its more business than pleasure this time

• Dabs's Profile Photo

by Dabs Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I don't know if it's still popular but there used to be a bar called the Safe House

• Dabs's Profile Photo

by Dabs Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Oops, didn't mean to post that, I thought I hit cancel. After checking out Yelp the Safe House is either closed or not the place it used to be. But try looking there if you think a brewery tour sounds interesting, there are quite a few reviews on yelp

http://www.yelp.com/milwaukee

If you like touring old houses the Pabst Mansion, which belonged to the founder of the Pabst Brewery, is beautiful inside.

• by ABrew Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 9:39 PM

thanks will look into it..

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines