Milton Keynes Travel Answers

change location
Raunchy_Poet's Profile Photo

New VT location: MK!

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Sep 4, 2002 at 3:39 PM

Why am I the first person to register Milton Keynes as my home town? Ladies & gentlemen, that was a rhetorical question, because I just wanted to be the first to post on this new sub-sub-sub-forum!!!

Quote & Answer
32 Answers
  • Raunchy_Poet's Profile Photo

Re: Re: New VT location: MK!

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Sep 4, 2002 at 3:53 PM

Belinda - too predictable a response; get drier! :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Sep 4, 2002 at 4:06 PM

Belinda ... we're gonna get along just fine.

• Deus_ultima's Profile Photo

by Deus_ultima Online Now Sep 4, 2002 at 7:12 PM

Mr. Milton? He's Air Canada's president. :P

Re: Re: Raunchy?

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Sep 5, 2002 at 4:37 AM

Thanks, Eddie, for 'sexy, horny' - you must know me better than I'd thought! Conifer, in this context, it's the raunchiness of some of my poetry. While much is love poetry, some is ... erotic.

• KennetRose's Profile Photo

Re: New VT location: MK!

by KennetRose Online Now Sep 5, 2002 at 10:51 AM

Because you're the onlyone brave enough to admit it? G - there is probably nowhere else in the world with a population of a quarter of a million where you could drive from one side to the other and not notice... :) Rosie

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Sep 5, 2002 at 11:22 AM

Rosie - stop and park next time :-) I stopped and parked at your external website, and browsed your fave albums. Yes, I'm familiar with that period! But nothing has got into your top 10 in the last decade? I've got recommendations! Steve

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Sep 5, 2002 at 11:29 AM

Keynes? Milton Keynes was an old village, one of several villages plus 1-2 smallish towns that were absorbed and engulfed by the new town, which they also named Milton Keynes. Good question about the origin of 'Keynes', because a few, but only a few, English places have this tag. Which is my long-winded way of saying ... dunno. Steve

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Sep 5, 2002 at 11:36 AM

I had the same probles trying to email u! Tonight, Raunchy Poet is green with envy: you have published in Poetry Wales, Rialto ... top tier UK poetry outlets. Rialto, amongst others, have turned me down, down, down. My best so far: The Interpreter's House. But back to you - I'm impressed, very impressed. I've seen Les Murray, at the Open University in MK. Found him difficult to understand - his speaking, not specifically his poetry. S

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Sep 5, 2002 at 11:48 AM

Is Air Canada's Mr Milton a French Canadian?

Out-of-towners!

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Sep 5, 2002 at 12:02 PM

Thank goodness for Italian-American out-of-towners, without whom I'd never learn about my own town. Cheers, G, I can sleep easy 2nite! :-) S

• Deus_ultima's Profile Photo

Re: Out-of-towners!

by Deus_ultima Online Now Sep 5, 2002 at 12:05 PM

Is Air Canada's Mr Milton a French Canadian? Actually..he's american

Bog of Allen

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Sep 5, 2002 at 12:05 PM

Comptons ... hmm. Ireland has the Bog of Allen, but let's keep that to ourselves. (For any that don't know, another meaning of bog is toilet, head ... pronounced dunny by those Antipodean folk.)

Jefferson Starship in town, 28 Oct

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Sep 5, 2002 at 12:20 PM

We may be the only town of 250k people that you can drive through and not notice ... We may have the first Japanese peace pagoda in Europe, plus buddhist temple ... We may sometimes have a major-league Oz poet quoting from his rhyming BOOK ... ... yup, we are all the above, plus ... WE ROCK HERE!!!

by KennetRose Online Now Sep 5, 2002 at 11:40 PM

Is that suggestions for raunchy poems or what???? :) Rosie Still in Basel

Music and Poetry

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Sep 6, 2002 at 3:35 AM

Rosie - several of my poems are inspired by rock music. Nils Lofgren: came to MK and did an accoustic set. I'm not familiar with his work, but one couplet had me mesmerised, and a poem ensued. He sang "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words can break my heart." I wrote a love angst poem! Neil Young: waited 30 years to see the man. Amazing electric set at last year's London Fleadh: 30 bands on 3 stages. In the open air with incessant rain for 10 hours, but heck, had to be done. Wrote a poem about screaming at the heavens that it's NEIL F***ING YOUNG, MAN! (Now there's a Canadian, albeit not French Canadian.) Rosie - Starsailor? St Germain? Coldplay? Cousteau? Dido? Radiohead? The Verve? Or my favourite French Canadian - Celine? S

Re: Re: Music and Poetry

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Sep 6, 2002 at 8:31 AM

Conifer or Celine? What a dilemma! I had a life goal recently: to write the love song that would bring Celine out of retirement to record. Note: I've not written one song yet, but a goal is a goal. Dammit, she released a new CD without approaching me first. Do I have to ceremoniously burn my Celine tapes, including the one in French, JC?

Re: Re: Music and Poetry

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Sep 6, 2002 at 9:49 AM

JC - I appreciate your concern for my welfare, but ... you named your son after a white rabbit ... who's welfare should we be concerned about! What kind of name is 'Big Ears' for a lad? Or, ahem, how will he get through life as 'Floppy'? I know, I know, they breed 'em tough, those Antipodeans. I named my daughter after two actresses. In retrospect, i see how boringly traditional I was. Should have checked out some guinea pigs or hamsters for a real cool name. I just know she'd have thanked me. :-) S

Re: Re: Music and Harvey

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Sep 6, 2002 at 10:16 AM

JC - 'ROTFL' means? Who sang 'Harvey'?

Re: Re: Music and Harvey

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Sep 6, 2002 at 10:44 AM

JC - I originally misunderstood. Thought you had a 6 foot tall invisible rabbit friend. Got annoyed 'cos it's bigger than my 5 foot tall imaginary hamster. Feeling better now (the hamster, not me), y'know - counted to 10 etc. Coincidentally, it's called Bubble, like Eddie's gerbil. No-one wrote a song about it - hmphh. Also, thought you meant Harvey was a song title. WR was indeed sung by that non-French, non-Canadian Grace Slick, who sadly is not touring with JS, who are coming to MK (tenuous link to the fact that this is a travel site).

• binnie's Profile Photo

by binnie Online Now Sep 7, 2002 at 7:00 AM

I wish I knew how to build a page on lancashire my home town. I'm confused with the new look VT. I even placed Linslade under Reading last time. Now I'm completely stuck.

Re: Music and Poetry

by KennetRose Online Now Sep 7, 2002 at 1:29 PM

Raunchy, could this be the same Celine who made such a pig's ear of Jim Steinman's "It's All Coming Back to Me"? If you don't know what I mean, may I refer my honourable friend to "Original Sin", ascribed to "Pandora's Box". A very fine album IMHO. *BUT* I will ask again publicly - give me an album that will be as original as the Velvet Underground in 1967 and stll sound just vas fresh 35 years later... Golden Rosie of Montreux

by KennetRose Online Now Sep 8, 2002 at 2:56 AM

Funny thing is, I've just claimed the first Montreux page, which is amazing. Rosie

Re: Re: Music

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Sep 9, 2002 at 4:44 AM

Rosie - if you want innovation and future freshness ... Radiohead 'Kid A'

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Dec 5, 2004 at 4:11 AM

Yes, another time indeed. I'm re-reading even my own postings as though written by another. In terms of place, well you too live in one of those I'd-never-have-known-it places, so ... snap! In a week, I'm off to South Africa for a lonnnng trip, including spending NY Eve in the Kruger National Park, and getting to one of Africa's highest points, in Lesotho. Reports to follow in the NY. Have a good X, jen, and catch u in the NY.

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Dec 5, 2004 at 4:25 AM

Been called many things in my time, but I'll accept "odd blast from the past", and gettin odder by the minute. Or should that be "older ..." It's about a year since retirement. Had 5 poetry gigs in that time, as part of a collective of 10-15 poets, but still not writing enough. I've also been helping motivate a small poetry group, spawned from a writing course run by a friend. Still, I should be able to string 5 lines together to enter a Xmas limerick comp that John Hegley will be judging. His home town is Luton. Our collective straddles MK and Luton.

by KennetRose Online Now Dec 6, 2004 at 9:18 AM

Ooh this is an old thread - brings back memories! How's you, Steve? Lucky so and so, off to sunny climes for Christmas!

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Jan 16, 2005 at 9:53 AM

Rosie/Jen - just back from my month away. Had great time. Plus, learnt that I was commended in the BBC Radio 4 Xmas limerick ("chimmerick") competition, judged by John Hegley. I'll be trying to retrieve the radio prog that they read them out on - on Xmas morning, 6am-8am for heaven's sake! Steve

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Jan 16, 2005 at 10:07 AM

I'll take that as high praise, thanks!

by KennetRose Online Now Jan 17, 2005 at 7:24 AM

I've got my completed manuscript of 'A Cuckoo in Bohemia' ready to tout round the agents. Wish me luck!

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Jan 18, 2005 at 10:33 AM

Luck is wished upon, in, over, under, and throughout you!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines