Milos Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ferries from Milos to naxos

by cagey4woftam Online Now Apr 10, 2014 at 1:52 AM

Are there ferries to Naxos from Milos and what islands do they stop at on the way.

2 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 12:29 AM
    • ferry from Paros

by stapleton7 Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Can anyone tell me if there is or isn't a ferry from Paros TO Milos in August ?

Thanks

3 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 10:20 AM
    • Travelling from naxos to milos in August

by Loubylou62 Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Do ferries run from naxos to milos in August?

7 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 1:20 AM
    • Milos in October...boat tours still available? How much is closed on island at that time?

by Elisif Online Now Jul 31, 2013 at 12:07 PM

• I posted this on the TA forum as well but wanted to post here as well for those who don't frequent over there/to get a potential different demographic. If you read and/or answered already on TA please disregard here. Thanks for your time!**

My husband and I (late 20s) will be traveling to Milos in the beginning of October. We will be flying and arriving in the morning on October 6th. We enjoy relaxing on beaches, good food, and don't require nightlife in order to have a good time. But we also like activity to round things out such as hiking, bicycling, day trips around the island, horse riding, trip to Kimolos etc....to have as options....we tend to be too active to lay on beaches for days on end. We are pretty independent travelers but there's certain things you just can't do on your own such as boat trips/horse rides/scuba.... To get to my actual question, will the boat trips still be available in early October? I've done some research and it looks like the websites say they end in September. We certainly don't mind a quiet island but my concern is that all of the activities will be shut down by then. Any experience with this? Perhaps restaurants closed as well?

Also, this is splitting hairs for sure....but wonder if I can get some opinions on our itinerary? As said, we will arrive in Milos early morning on the 6th. What I can't decide is if we should leave for Santorini on the 10th on the ferry from ~10a-12p or wait and take the ferry to Santorini on the 11th from 11:30p-03:00am in order to buy another day in Milos. Is ask this because the second options shortens our time in Naxos. To hopefully make my question less confusing:

Option 1:
      Oct 6th arrive Milos 07:30a
      Oct 11 Milos to Santorini 11:20p-02:50a (on the 12th) {5nights in Milos/almost 6 full days)
      Oct 15th Santorini to Naxos 3:30p-5:30p or 1p-2:45p (3nights in Santorini/~3.5 days)
      Oct 18th leave Naxos at 3p flying to Kos and hopefully getting ferry to Kalymnos that night (3nights in Naxos/~2.5days)
      Climb on Kalymnos until the 26th when we fly back to Athens

Option 2:
      Oct 6th arrive Milos 07:30a
      Oct 10 Milos to Santorini 10:00a-11:50a (4nights in Milos/~4 days)
      Oct 13th Santorini to Naxos 3:30p-5:30p or 1p-2:45p (3nights in Santorini/~2.5days)
      Oct 18th leave Naxos at 3p flying to Kos and hopefully getting ferry to Kalymnos that night (5nights in Naxos/~4.5days)
      Climb on Kalymnos until the 26th when we fly back to Athens

Thank you for humoring my question :-) I am 100% sure if will be awesome either way. I am absolutely enchanted with the pictures from Milos. We plan to rent a car on either island. Perhaps knowing how "shut down" Milos is that time of year will help decide on amount of time spent on each island. I wouldn't even be worried about deciding now except we have our heart set on a place in Santorini and will need to finalize the reservation.

Thank you for your helpfulness and time in replying!

3 Answers Aug 24, 2013 at 3:07 PM
    • Beachside Accommodation in Milos?

by krylon80 Online Now Jul 25, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Hello,

I was wondering if someone would be able to let me know which of the following beaches have accommodations right on the beach (or at most 500 meters away):

Achivadolimni
      Agathia
      Agia Kiriaki
      Agia Marina
      Agios Ioannis
      Alogomandra
      Ammoudaraki
      Fatourena
      Firiplaka
      Firopotamos
      Gerakas
      Gerontas
      Kipos
      Kolibisionas
      Lagada
      Mytakas
      Pahena
      Paleochori
      Paliorema
      Papakino
      Plathiena
      Pollonia
      Provatas
      Psarovolada
      Rivari
      Sarakiniko
      Triades

ευχαριστώ πολύ!
      -Ryan

5 Answers Jul 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM
    • gwendar's Profile Photo

milos rooms

by gwendar Online Now Dec 31, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Hi to you all and hope you all have a great new year,im looing to book early for a week in milos in oct 2012, can anyone give me details of a cheap deal on a room thanks peter.

5 Answers Aug 25, 2012 at 9:56 PM
    • skykwby's Profile Photo

5 Days, Milos and...

by skykwby Online Now Aug 23, 2010 at 2:04 AM

Hi, I will be arriving in Milos at 10 pm on 2 September. I have 5 full days, and would like your advice on how to spend them. I enjoy Nature/Outdoors Activities, Local Culture, Dining/Drinking. Not a big fan of touristy traps...

I'd like to visit 1 more Island besides Milos (2 days in One, 3 Days in another) How should I split the 5 days? Perhaps Paros? Or what about Santorini? Any others in the Cyclades?

I know 5 days is relatively short, so I am not looking to pack as much in as possible. Just my first taste of Greece, want to enjoy the vibe. I'm sure I'll be returning.

Thank you for your time, I'm looking forward to it!

1 Answer Aug 23, 2010 at 2:27 AM
    • dhr40's Profile Photo

Villa Notos in Milos

by dhr40 Online Now Aug 11, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Hello,
      My husband and I are scheduled to stay at Villa Notos in Milos for over a week later this summer. We currently have a superior studio reserved. I'm trying to get a sense from someone who has seen these apartment/studios if it would be worth upgrading to the penthouse apartment. I know it costs more, but is the top-floor veranda and views much better than the superior studio views and veranda? I'm willing to splurge if I knew it was a big improvement, view-wise. I've already read reviews of many of the room types on TripAdivisor, but none of them really address the difference in views/outdoor lounging for Penthouse versus Superior Studio.

One more note, the Deluxe Studio is already booked, so that's not an option.

Thanks for any input from someone who has seen Villa Notos.

2 Answers Aug 11, 2010 at 1:08 PM
    • Charter sailboat for 5 days

by pcaillon Online Now May 20, 2010 at 1:01 PM

We would like to charter a sailboat from Milos for 5 people and for 5 days. What do you recommend?

Many thanks in advance

1 Answer Jun 23, 2010 at 6:46 AM
    • 1 day

by gmannel Online Now Mar 24, 2010 at 5:23 PM

We are going to arrive on Milos off of a small cruise ship(Seabourne) at 0800 and leave at 1700, 9May - Sunday. Rent a car or scooter, or do a small boat around the island and/or just walk around? The 4 hour cruise excursion visits Sarakiniko beach, Apollonia, Papafragas, Glaronissia, Filakopi, and Adamas. We don't mind being on our own if we could make better use of our 8 hours on Milos. Thanks, from Texas

• milos campsite

by kowal81mcz Online Now May 25, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Hi,
      Me and my girlfriend will stay on Milos in June.
      Have anyone stayed in Milos Campsite? Can you recommend it?
      Is it easy to get from campsite to other parts of the island (buses)?
      Is the campsite beach nice?
      My girlfriend likes topless sunbathing, is it OK and popular on campsite beach?

• milos!

by d_kiltro22 Online Now Mar 6, 2009 at 8:56 PM

G'day everyone! My Girlfriend and i are travelling to Milos in August and we have two places in mind for accomodation from looking on the net, one in Pachaina
      and the
      other was in Sarakiniko, but we can't seem to find much
      infomation on these places besides the great beaches! We also will not have any
      transport so would it be better just staying in Pollonia or somewhere else? We
      would love to be near nice beaches with options for eating out. Thank you for
      any advice you might offer us!
      Cheers!
      David and Jenni,

4 Answers Apr 22, 2009 at 5:16 PM
    • DPando's Profile Photo

Ferry line

by DPando Online Now Jun 18, 2008 at 9:25 AM

Hi everybody..!! anybody knows the ferry line that leaves Pireus port in athens and gets Milos island.. im going next mid-september !! thanks in advance !!

4 Answers Jul 9, 2008 at 9:17 AM
    • Hotel

by vivispy Online Now Aug 16, 2007 at 2:37 PM

Any good reccomendation for a good reasonable well located hotel (max E80) in Milos? which is the best neighborhood (close to beaches) to stay? thank you!

3 Answers Aug 18, 2007 at 3:59 AM
    • Night Life and accomodation

by adis23 Online Now May 13, 2007 at 6:10 AM

I would also like to ask if there is a good night life in Milos and if anyone of you can recommend a place to go.
      I also need your help for accomodation. We have three places in mind: Villa notos, Santa Maria and Achivadolimni bungallows. Which one would you reccomend?
      Thanks for your help.

7 Answers Aug 20, 2007 at 10:54 AM
    • EPEKINDINI's Profile Photo

To go or not to go?

by EPEKINDINI Online Now May 12, 2007 at 7:29 AM

Here's hoping someone can make up my mind. Me and my husband will be in Paros for 5 days and we have 3-4 days to spare b/4 going to Crete for 10 days. We were considering Milos as an option since paros and milos are both in the Cyclades. I have no doubt Milos has wonderful beaches but we were wondering what the night life was like and if this is an island were tourists go or greeks go for vacation?

Also wondering where would be the best location for hotel (we like the hustle and bustle; were from NYC) and if there is transportation from Paros to Milos?

Any regards would be greatly appreciated.

6 Answers Aug 19, 2007 at 8:15 PM
    • Suggested accommodation in Adamas

by GiordanoS2007 Online Now Mar 14, 2007 at 9:38 AM

I am organizing my vacations of the next July to Milos and, after varied searches on web sites for how much pertain the lodging, I am undecided between three possible solutions: Seagull apartments or Villa Helios or Zac Marie. There it is someone in a position of to give me an advice? These structures find themselves near noisy disk-bars? Every your advice will be very precious for me.
      Thanks and Regards

3 Answers Aug 19, 2007 at 8:16 PM
    • Accomodation at Paliochori

by BitsyB Online Now Feb 20, 2007 at 4:03 PM

Hi,
      Can anyone recommend apartments or studios at Paliochori that have great views preferably close to the beach? Has anyone stayed at the Artemis Villas? Thanks, Bitsy

1 Answer Mar 24, 2007 at 8:28 PM
    • fogwolf's Profile Photo

Beach Access

by fogwolf Online Now Feb 13, 2007 at 10:54 AM

The Lonely Planet book for the Greek Islands says that to reach some of the best beaches in Milos you must take a boat tour which stops at some of them for a limited time. If we are not interested in visiting beaches with a group & would also prefer to be able to stake out one beach & stay there all day, are there secluded & beautiful beaches there reachable by foot or bike or rental car? Would it be recommended or make sense in this case to rent a car while we're there?

Thanks!

4 Answers Mar 24, 2007 at 9:21 PM
    • fogwolf's Profile Photo

Boat from Milos to Santorini

by fogwolf Online Now Feb 13, 2007 at 10:52 AM

I'm unable to find schedules/times/fares for a hydrofoil (or any kind of boat for that matter) from Milos to Santorini. Could anyone help?

Thanks!

2 Answers Jun 6, 2007 at 9:18 PM
    • traveling to Milos, Sifnos

by chrisskin Online Now Feb 10, 2007 at 8:48 AM

Hi,
      We would like to visit the islands of Milos and Sifnos from Santorini in May 07.
      Has anybody tried this? and if so is it feisable in 2 weeks? We would travel from Athens but the flights for us from our local airport are too expensive! Santorini for us is a better option.
      Thank you for any help.
      Chriskin

1 Answer Mar 24, 2007 at 8:49 PM
    • Transportation Milos Airport to Pollonia

by ksweeney Online Now Aug 30, 2006 at 6:26 AM

I will be travelling to Milos in September 06 but wanted to know what the best way to Pollonia would be from Milos airport. I'll have luggage with me so it will probably be best to get a taxi unless anyone has any other ideas. If I go by taxi what should I expect to pay?

Any suggestions?
      and thanks very much

2 Answers Aug 19, 2007 at 4:02 PM
    • misstick's Profile Photo

Roads in Milos

by misstick Online Now Aug 12, 2006 at 5:33 AM

Hi, its amazing what info you have here :-)
      i have 2 questions:
      1. we (my boyfriend and me) leave to Milos on the 25th of August and stay for 6-10 days. We need a (how surprising) cheap accomodation. Is there any chance that we find a clean nice room around 40 euro? (no kitchen required, only aircond., fridge and a double bed).
      2. if this is impossible, we would take our car, and the live in the camping. Any info about the camping? does it have shadow, clean bathroom and warmwater?
      And the most important: are the roads good or we have the chance to break our car on the way to the small beaches? are the roads asfalth roads or full of small rocks? is it dangerous or is it absolutely ok?

thanks a lot :-)

2 Answers Aug 19, 2007 at 4:04 PM
    • mkvalya's Profile Photo

internet point

by mkvalya Online Now Aug 1, 2006 at 8:19 AM

ther is on the island any internet point? maybe in adamas?

4 Answers Oct 10, 2006 at 3:43 PM

scooter rent in milos...

by mkvalya Online Now Aug 1, 2006 at 8:18 AM

any suggestion?

3 Answers Aug 10, 2008 at 1:23 PM
    • Visiting Milos 21-26/08/2006

by Charoulita Online Now Jul 6, 2006 at 10:58 PM

Hello all!
      I am planning to visit Milos the period of 21-26/08/2006 and I am looking for a room or apartment not too expensive, preferably in a quiet place in the South or Pollonia. What would you suggest?

Should I book in advance or I could find upon arrival?

I am not fond of the "very touristic" atmosphere so if you have any other suggestions on places and tavernas they are really welcome.

Thank you for your time in advance!

1 Answer Jul 23, 2006 at 2:40 AM

Holidays and fiestas in milos

by mkvalya Online Now Jun 25, 2006 at 7:57 AM

during these popular fiestas ...

22nd August, Panagia Iatrissa, Komia.
      22nd August, Panagia Kypou.
      22nd August, Panagia Faneromeni, Tripiti.
      26th August, Agios Fanourios, Pollonia.
      28th August, Agios Ioannis Prodromos, Agrilies and Provatas.

there are popular dances? food? what happens? which is the most worth to see?

1 Answer Mar 24, 2007 at 8:54 PM

NOT touristic tavernas or restaurants suggested in milos?

by mkvalya Online Now May 31, 2006 at 2:23 AM

any suggestions?
      i don't like touristic places , i like place where people that live in the island go to eat something...
      any suggestions?

1 Answer Jul 23, 2006 at 3:00 AM

Boats between Adamas and Emborio...

by mkvalya Online Now May 28, 2006 at 6:26 AM

does a boat between Adamas and Emborio exist in august?
      they told me that roads to Emborio are very bad, so i ask if there is a boat...

1 Answer Jul 23, 2006 at 3:18 AM
    • Ferry/Hf Connection between Santorini and Milos

by Manu62 Online Now May 16, 2006 at 6:44 AM

Hallo everybody, can anyone help me with ferry connections between Santorini and Milos on June the 23rd or the 24th?
      I have tried the http://www.gtp.gr site but it doesn't seem up to date. Where can I find reliable Greek domestic sea transportation timetables?
      Thanks a lot!

11 Answers Jun 13, 2006 at 1:35 AM