We are 2 families of 4 adults & 5 youth/kids - no great skiers but looking forward to spending white Xmas (the Australian family esp!) & all its traditions. Planning to book self catering for all of us for 2 wks in Dec.
I have 3-4 days to spend in Salzburg.
1. Any suggestions on reasonably priced hotels near the main train station? I want to be close to transportation (train/busses)
2. I was planning on doing the Hohenwefen fortress, mirabell gardens, mozart house, schools leopldskron. can i get to all of these with public transportation or should i buy a pass on those hop on hop off tourist busses? I want to be as economical as possible. Also, with these attractions in mind, is it worth for me to buy that pass everyone says allows free access to some of the attractions?
3. I want to visit the Werfen ice caves. How far is this? Should I take a day tour or should I go by public transportation on my own?
4. Hallstatt- by bus or train? or should I take a tour there?
5. Having all these things in mind, should I go back to Salzburg or should I stay in Werfen/Hallstatt? I am leaving to Budapest after Salzburg. Hotels seem to be very expensive in Salzburg.
I don't want to do the typical tourist tours. I want to take a run early in the morning around town, hike, bike around the city, take a dip on a lake if possible, have a picnic somewhere around nature. Any suggestions?!
Hallo aus Taipeh
Ich moechte eine Reise fuer 2 Wochen in Zillertal Oesterreichs machen.. Ich bleibe und uebernachte lieber im ruhigen Ort... Jenbach und Mayrhofen, soviel ich weiss, sind die passende Kleinstaedten.. Welche hat die bequemere Transportationen und Reiseziele, die man nicht zu weit und kompliziert erreichen kann??
Danke fuer Ihre Auskuenfte!!
My wife and I are planning to go to Austria on August 2 to 7. And i have to choose between Vienna and Salzburg or Vienna and Zell am see. Any suggestion when route to take. By the way do you know if we could find any water activities such as jet skying, paraselling, inner tube, and the like.
Hallo Community, ich schreibe jetzt einfach mal auf deutsch, da ich davon ausgehe, dass nur Einheimische Innsbrucker mir bei dieser Sache helfen können.
Wir wollen einen etwas ausgefallenen Junggesellenabschied in Innsbruck organisieren und benötigen dafür eine Unterkunft für 7 Personen für ein Wochenende im August (22.-24.08.) in der Nähe eines ruhigen Waldes oder kleinen Berges. Wir wollen in der kleinen Runde ein paar lustige Ritterspiele für den Jungesellen machen und hätten daher gerne unsere Ruhe. Das soll bis in den Nachmittag hinein gehen und anschließend wollen wir in die Innenstadt und eine Bar Hopping Tour machen. Also kein ganz klassischer JGA...
Wäre also eine Unterkunft (am liebsten ein Appartment, oder ein Hotel mit Mehrbettzimmern) in Fußnähe eines Waldes und in Taxi nähe (10-15 min Autofahrt) von der Innenstadt.
Hat jemand einen Tipp für mich?
Hi we are 2 families - 4 adults & 5 youth/kids - no ski abilities but wanting to enjoy white Xmas (esp. Aussie family!) & wanting to rent family self catering accommodation. We intend to do day trips via train to surrounding areas (rather than drive). Would still like great areas for kids & adults to enjoy as well as beautiful place to chill out! Which place would you recommend?
We are reaching Salzburg on 4th of July and leaving for Budapest on 7th of July. During the stay we also intend to visit Gmunden for a day (To see the Thomas Bernard residence/museum). We are on a rather tight budget so would prefer to travel by buses.
1) Are there buses from Salzburg - Gmunden - Salzburg? How much does it cost?
2)How much would it cost to hire a taxi to Gmunden and back from Salzburg?
3) Is it better that we visit Gmunden on our way to Budapest?
Thanks in advance.
Hi! I'm going to Salzburg last week of july, and I need somewhere cheap to sleep. I have found a camping which is 8 km far from Salzburg, near Koppl, it's cheap and I like it. But I have a problem, because I have no car (not driving license), and I will move in public transport. Can anyone please tell me if there is a bus line between Koppl and Salzburg?
My wife and I are planning to visit Salzburg from 4th to 7th of July and travel to Budapest from there. We would also like to travel to Gmunden to visit the Thomas Bernhard Haus.
I would like to know the following information about the the best way to travel to Gmunden and Budapest in the following two scenarios. We are on a budget and cannot afford a taxi.
1) We travel to Gmunden from Salzburg on Sunday morning and stay at Gmunden for a night and travel to Budapest from there on Monday morning. Are there buses? Is this too compliacted?
2) We make a day trip to Gmunden on Saturday and travel to Budapest on Monday from Salzburg.
Also, do you have any information if Thomas Bernhard Haus is open on Sunday?
Thank you so much.
My group of 13 pax are traveling from Zell Am See to Salzburg with a 4 hours stop/lunch at Hallstat and would want to make full use of our time at Hallstat.
Do we have enough time to cover Rudolfsturm Scenic Lookout by Cable car too and how much is the cost per pax.
I would be very grateful if someone can advise me.
Thanks & Regards Alvin
HI . we come from Iran and we want to visit Austria in late july for two weeks .after 6 hours flight we will arrive to vienna airport then we plan to go to innsbruck at the same day and stay there for 12 nights and have day trips to different cities from there and then come back to vienna and stay there for 3 nights. do you think is it better to go to innsbruck first by train then rent a car or rent a car as we arrive at the vienna airport?
We will be in Vienna for four days mid August. On an Austrian website I found some themed cycling routes that sound interesting. Unfortunately none of them state the length of the routes and the degree of difficulty.
I have raised the question through the contact form on the website, but no reply so far.
Maybe some of the VT'ers know about these themed routes?
Here's the website.
My friend and I will have exactly 24 hours to be in Salzburg (A Saturday at noon till Sunday at about noon). What are the absolute must sees? (Don't have enough time to spend on possible duds) and then where to go out at night where the locals go?
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2014 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|