Milford Sound Travel Answers

change location

Car Tranport Queenstown-Milford

by aomeda Online Now Jan 3, 2009 at 8:06 AM

Hello! Does anyone know of a service that will transport our car from Queenstown to Milford while we hike the Routeburn Track?

Many thanks,
Anne

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Kakapo2's Profile Photo

Re: Car Tranport Queenstown-Milford

by Kakapo2 Online Now Jan 3, 2009 at 9:48 AM

I only know about people's transport back to Queenstown, with all major bus companies. As there is no train connection somebody would have to drive your car, get himself back to where he came from, and the road trip is nearly 300 kilometres...

Perhaps you would find a backpacker who would want to go to Milford Sound anyway. But this would cause the next problem if your car is a rental car. In this case you would have to register the driver with the rental company.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • NadineT's Profile Photo

by NadineT Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Kia ora :) I would suggest you book with Tracknet, they will get you to Milford Sound and to Te Anau and also to Queenstown again to collect your car. Check them out here, tracknet.net/tracknet/Routeb...

• kiwi's Profile Photo

by kiwi Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Kia ora Nadine!! Welcome to VT. Fantastic to have someone from TeAnau aboard. Just to say that question was dated 2009, so chances are they have been and gone. But I'm sure others will benefit from your help on our travel forum.

• Kakapo2's Profile Photo

by Kakapo2 Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 4:50 AM

It is clear that Tracknet is the best company to transport people to and from anywhere between Queenstown, Te Anau and Milford Sound. However, the point was that the OP was looking for someone who would DRIVE his CAR from Queenstown to Milford Sound.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines