Milford Sound Travel Answers

change location

overnight cruise - any thoughts anyone?

by anitafiona Online Now Apr 2, 2006 at 10:59 AM

Hello we are thinking of taking the overnight cruise in the Sound - has anyone had any experience of doing this? We think the boat with ensuite cabins si best suited to us...

it seems the cruise starts quite late - is there any sunshine in teh sound by that stage or does it get quite shadowy? do yo see the Sound at any stage lit up by sun (if it is not raining?)

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • didgeridorien's Profile Photo

RE: overnight cruise - any thoughts anyone?

by didgeridorien Online Now Apr 3, 2006 at 6:21 AM

My boyfriend and I went on a cruise that started at about 5pm and there still was quite a bit of sun in the Sound then. The waterfalls were lit up by the sun, but I reckon we were lucky, there's quite a bit of rain in the Sound usually. Have fun there!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: overnight cruise - any thoughts anyone?

by noodle2 Online Now Apr 3, 2006 at 12:52 PM

Hey
    I did the more budget one on christmas/boxing day - it was awesome! It was a mixture of sunshine and rain, when we went kayaking before dinner the sun was out and the sound looked beautiful, but the waterfalls are also more spectacular the more rain that falls. Bear in mind that if you are doing it at this time of year the clocks have just changed and daylight times may be different. Have fun

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines