Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Public transport Bagheria - Porticello - Santa Flavia ? taxi?

Bagheria Sep 29, 2015 at 10:43 AM

Public transport Bagheria - Porticello - Santa Flavia ? where to find timetable? if there is not public transport, is it easy to take taxi?

• Erice by bus

Sicilia Oct 2, 2015 at 6:25 PM

have been searching the various websites for bus transportation from Palermo to Erice: appears that the only way to get there by bus is to go to Trapani and then get a cable car up to the town. Is this correct,or does a bus also go up to the town? Thanks yet again, this has been the most challenging trip planning that I have ever experienced, but this website has been amazing!

• day trip to Agrigento.

Palermo Sep 29, 2015 at 5:29 PM

What is the best way to do a day trip from Palermo to the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento. We will not have a car. Thanks.

• catania airport

Siracusa Sep 26, 2015 at 7:24 AM

please verify posting of 05/15 re: bus service from siracusa to fontanarossa airport in catania: is there a bus to this airport every hour? also how long does this trip take, does it make several stops or is it a direct trip? thanks.

• fontanarossa airport

Siracusa Sep 26, 2015 at 7:03 AM

please advise if info re: bus service from siracusa to fontanarossa airport in catania is correct per posting of 05/15:  bus hourly directly to airport?  and how long does the trip take?  thanks.

• TatyanaA's Profile Photo

Ferry from Milazzo to Stromboli/Volcano

Sicilia Sep 11, 2015 at 11:46 PM

On 21.9 I'll be in Milazzo going for Stromboli. I see only two ferries, one is to early 6am approximately, the second looks to be late for us to be in time for volcano hiking (we must be on Stromboli at 4pm. Of cause we can stay another night and make a hike on the second day, but I wanted also to visit Volcano island for half a day but cannot figure out how can we doit in only two days...
      Only option I saw was using two ferry companies, Simemar from Milazzo to Volcano (9am - 10 there) and Ustica for Volcano-Stromboli at 15aprox., and the day after return to Milazzo. But I'm not sure Sinemar operates in September, at least there are no online bookings.
      Maybe anybody knows what are options?

• From Siracusa Bus Station to Piazza Duomo

Siracusa 15 hours ago

I am intending to visit Siracusa from Catania with my mum who is not able to walk long distances. We thought the best means of transport from Catania to Siracusa is the Intercity Bus. My problem is that I think that the bus station in Siracusa is a bit too far from Piazza Duomo and its surroundings. will there be any taxis available near Siracusa bus station that can take us to the centro storico? If yes, do you think that they are very expensive?

• Siracusa by day, Ortigia by night?

Siracusa Sep 22, 2015 at 5:28 PM

We are planning to stay 5 nights in Siracusa, doing day trips to various towns. The idea is to stay on mainland Siracusa in order to be able to get on a road easier, to spend some time on a beach (maybe sun-bathing one or two mornings) and to have our dinners and see some night life on Ortigia. Question is - is it possible/doable to get from mainland to Ortigia and back every night? Does it make sense? Are we making our life easier or more limited staying on the mainland? Please advise!

• Palermo Airport to Cefalu

Cefalú Sep 15, 2015 at 8:37 AM

I am arriving at Palermo at 10.40 approx on Ryanair. Is there a Bus service to Palermo and on to Cefalu? I can get no information on the Trenitalia website. Apparently there are no trains running between the Airport and Cefalu on Sunday!!! Ronan.

P.S. I forgot to indicate that I am arriving next Sunday.

• Palermo to Siracusa

Palermo Sep 29, 2015 at 7:55 PM

Have searched the AST website but cannot get info for bus to Siracusa, only as far as Ragusa. Can anyone tell me the best way to get from Palermo to Siracusa? This will be the last leg of our trip to Sicily. We will not have a car. Thanks much, especially to "Rosata" who has provided several answers already.

• 3 nights in eastern Sicily. Please help with itinerary :-)

Sicilia Sep 9, 2015 at 8:16 AM

Hi, my wife and I are flying to Catania on October 8th (arriving at 12:00 noon) and out at 8pm on October 11th. We have a rental car at the airport. We're not going for a beach holiday but also don't want to be driving for hours on end each day trying to pack in too much in 4 days. I've already left out the west coast and Palermo since the highway A19 has a massive detour and takes much longer now to drive through the country quickly.
      The sites I am interested in seeing are Cefalu, Milazzo, Taormina, Siracusa, Noto, Ragusa, Modica, Scicli.
      Mount Etna might be nice but I would prefer, due to the lack of time to see little villages.
      Is it possible to see all the towns I have listed in 4 days? Without rushing?
      Would you pick one place as a hub and make day trips to all these places or would you change hotels every night of the 3 nights we are there?
      I am open to any and all suggestions!! I look forward to your feedback

• Transport from Palermo airport to Milazzo at 21.30 ?

by Irishjenny Online Now May 6, 2014 at 5:41 AM

Hi I am travelling to Milazzo on 1st of July flying into Palermo airport from Pisa. Our flight times have changed and now we are flying in at 20.50. I am a bit worried about how I am going to get to Milazzo at this time of the night without paying a fortune? Has anyone got any ideas.
      Thank you,

5 Answers May 6, 2014 at 12:51 PM
    • Terje1966's Profile Photo

Pozallo to Milazzo and Palermo to Milazzo

by Terje1966 Online Now Nov 27, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Can anyonehelp me with bus or train companies onthese two?

2 Answers Nov 27, 2011 at 11:19 PM
    • parking in Milazzo and taking a ferry

by twanje Online Now Apr 6, 2005 at 1:57 PM

Thank you for your advice. We will rent a car and drive. Do you know if there is suitable parking in Milazzo? We will need to park our rental car for 3 days while we are out on the islands. Surely there must be many lots to park, many people probably visit the islands for the weekend and park there car near the ferry port.

1 Answer Apr 6, 2005 at 2:06 PM
    • catania to milazzo

by twanje Online Now Apr 4, 2005 at 12:15 PM

This May, we are flying into Catania airport and need info on how to get to Milazzo, in order to catch a hydrofoil to the Aeolian Islands. Is the bus good, or train? We are also considering renting a car at the Catania airport and driving to Milazzo, and leaving the car at a Milazzo parking lot for a few days then taking it back to Catania. We don't have much time and need to get to the Aeolian Islands quickly. Also, how is the drive from Catania to Milazzo? I hear that driving in Catania is very difficult. Perhaps the route from the airport to Milazzo is okay?
      Jim and Joanne

2 Answers Apr 6, 2005 at 12:35 AM