Milazzo Travel Answers

change location

catania to milazzo

by twanje Online Now Apr 4, 2005 at 12:15 PM

This May, we are flying into Catania airport and need info on how to get to Milazzo, in order to catch a hydrofoil to the Aeolian Islands. Is the bus good, or train? We are also considering renting a car at the Catania airport and driving to Milazzo, and leaving the car at a Milazzo parking lot for a few days then taking it back to Catania. We don't have much time and need to get to the Aeolian Islands quickly. Also, how is the drive from Catania to Milazzo? I hear that driving in Catania is very difficult. Perhaps the route from the airport to Milazzo is okay?
Thanks,
Jim and Joanne

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

RE: catania to milazzo

by call_me_rhia Online Now Apr 4, 2005 at 1:18 PM

if u can still change ur travel schedules, i would suggest an easier way to get to the aeolians:

plane to reggio calabria, then hydrofoil to the aeolians.

we were also considering flying to catania, back then... but found everything quite complicated compared with flying into reggio calabria.

hope this can help.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: catania to milazzo

by wanderingsicilian Online Now Apr 6, 2005 at 12:35 AM

The drive from Catania to Milazzo is very easy -- superstrada the whole way. Last summer we made the drive to the ferry in about two hours, and that in a bit of traffic as it was a Friday evening. You may hit a bit of congestion around Catania (until you get to the toll) and then a bit around Messina's city exits. The coastal drive is beautiful. While the ferries are not as plentiful as they are from Milazzo, there are, however, ferries from Messina to the islands as well. You may want to check into that.

Maria

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines