Milan Travel Answers

change location

Trains

by MariaRya Online Now Sep 15, 2011 at 1:01 AM

HI!I need to go by train from Milano to Ravenna, but I don't know if there is a discount for students.I am studying at Bocconi.Also I have understood that one ticket costs 50 euros.From which train station can I take the train AND how do I get there? Thank you!
Maria

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • cgf's Profile Photo

Re: Trains

by cgf Online Now Sep 15, 2011 at 1:32 AM

I do not think there are direct trains, from Milan to Ravenna you've to go to Bologna and then to Ravenna.
    50Eur? it seems to much, look for all solutions, avoid EuroStar trains and you'll spend much less than 50.
    btw if you were two and you traveled on Saturday till Sept, 24th, an ES train might be convenient as there is 2x1

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Trains

by leics Online Now Sep 15, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Just look at

trenitalia.com/homepage_en.h...

and you will find all Italian train timed, details and fares in English.

Make sure you click 'all solutions' to see the cheaper regional train options.

Milan>Ravenna involves at least one change of train (very easy to do, by the way,. and you will have plenty of time to do it). One-way fare is from 21.15 euro on the slowest train but you are correct that the faster journeys are around 50 euro one-way.

I'm not aware of any student discounts.

Most trains leave from Milan Centrale (the Trenitalia site will tell you). You get there using the Milan Metro...very easy indeed.

Ticket machines have English language options and are easy to use. They will not accept a non-chipped card but the majority accept cash and will give change.

• Re: Trains

by iradisic Online Now Sep 16, 2011 at 2:52 AM

Hi, I go from Milano to Ravenna sometimes, for business.
    Please let me know if you are interested to a free ride to Ravenna, is it flexible or do you have an already agreed schedule ?
    Cheers

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines