change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Information requested

Tanzania Mar 22, 2015 at 3:10 AM

hey everybody,

In October 2015 we're planning to visit Tanzania. Some practical questions / doubts / do's / dont's:
      - accommodation in the NPs. You recommend staying either in or right outside the park?
      - transportation throughout the country?
      - walking / climbing the Kilimanjaro?

Looking forward hearing from you, thanks!

more
    • Nature Beauties

Arusha Mar 23, 2015 at 2:27 AM

Does anyone know Nature Beauties Safaris company? I couldn't find any recent review on the web (last available reviews are dated 2012).
      Many thanks

more
    • jtj3runner's Profile Photo

Chicago to Tanzania, as few flights as possible?

Tanzania Mar 7, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Hi experts...

We're planning a trip to Tanzania next year for 9 days. I have status on United Airlines, so my preference is to fly UAL or a Star Alliance partner. We live in Chicago, and my thought was that we could fly from here to somewhere in Europe, then from wherever that is to Tanzania (probably Dar Es Salaam).

Trouble is, from looking at the United web site and trying to get an itinerary, it looks like way more flights than I want to take. I'd be OK with flying from ORD to NWR, LGA, HOU, IAD, etc., and then leaving the US from one of those airports. But all the trips UAL seems to offer take us through Manchester, or London, or Zurich...then to Turkey, or Ethiopia, or Egypt - then to Dar Es Salaam. I haven't yet called United directly, but is anyone aware of direct flights from, say, London, Paris, Zurich, Frankfurt, Munich, etc., to Dar Es Salaam on United or a United partner? Thanks.

more
    • hotels b&B

by tonyfowler54 Online Now Feb 3, 2015 at 11:51 AM

does any know a good budget hotel or b&b near the park all so a good safari company thats not to expensive thanks for your help tony

2 Answers Mar 7, 2015 at 11:49 AM
    • WHICH IS THE NICE LODGE TO STAY FOR TWO NIGHTS AT MIKUMI NATIONAL PARK?

by kalula Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 12:33 PM

I NEED TO GO TO MIKUMI NATIONAL PARK AND NEED TO KNOW GOOD LODGE TO STAY

1 Answer Jul 9, 2014 at 2:25 PM
    • family accomodation

by mkslady Online Now Dec 24, 2013 at 3:06 AM

which hotel/lodge is ideal if you have a 2 years old baby

1 Answer Dec 24, 2013 at 2:16 PM
    • Rent a car safari

by MinMin35 Online Now Oct 3, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Can I rent a car in Dal es Salaam and go to there?
      Could you tell me where can I rent a car in the city?

5 Answers Oct 15, 2011 at 9:28 AM
    • safardreams's Profile Photo

Anyone else have an intin. to share?

by safardreams Online Now Jul 24, 2004 at 5:48 AM

Wanted to share my next adventure. A lot of planning in this. How much planning goes into your trips? David Safari itin for David Sept 9th – 29th 9th Sept - Dar es Salaam. Clear immigration / customs & met by Fox safaris & transfer to the Holiday Inn 10th Sept – Breakfast then transfer to the train station for the safari train. Take Safari Express Train to Mikumi & transfer to Foxes Safari Camp , dinner / overnight. 11th Sept – Game driving & game walking as you choose at Mikumi with your meals / overnight at Foxes Safari Camp. 12th Sept- Mikumi safari camp. 13th Sept - Fly to Ruaha & overnight at Ruaha River Lodge. 14th – 19th Sept - Explore Ruaha & overnights at River Lodge. 20th Sept - Fly to Arusha from Ruaha. Kip & the vehicle will collect you from the Arusha Airport when you arrive . Head back out of Tanzania & across the border to Amboseli for camping 1nt 21st Sept– Drive to Tsavo East & camp near Voi. Game drive as you choose. dinner / overnight at camp. 22nd Sept– Head to the rangers station & collect your rangers for the trip to the Tiva River. Game drive enroute to Tiva River & set up camp. Dinner / overnight 23rd Sept – Exploring the Tiva area of Tsavo with rangers on foot & vehicle. Overnight at camp 24th Sept– 2nd day in this remote & secluded area of the park. Overnight at camp 25th Sept – Head back into the main area of Tsavo & drop the rangers at Voi. Camp near Voi & visit your adopted elephant , dinner / overnight. 26th Sept– Head to Sala Gate & then work your way back up the Galana river to Luggard Falls & back across to Voi and camp. Dinner / overnight at camp. Make a day of this circuit. It is my fav. circuit in Tsavo. 27th Sept – Game drive. Visit your elephant again / the rangers. Overnight at camp . 28th Sept – back to Nairobi, taking your time . Arrive Nairobi & stay with Asad . We’ll all go out for dinner together! Overnight at Asad’s. 29th Sept – Spend the day in Nairobi at the house /exploring

5 Answers Jul 26, 2004 at 5:21 PM