Mijas Travel Answers

change location

baptism

by Maggie1511 Online Now Aug 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM

I would like to get my daughter baptised in the Immaculate Conception Church in Mijas and would like some advice on how to arrange this. I live in Scotland and fell in love with the chapel when I first visited Mijas in the 90's. We currently have a family villa in Cabopino and visit every year..

Any advice?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Re: baptism

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Aug 12, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Hi
    Are your regular church goers at your parish in Scotland? If so, then a letter of recommendation from your parish priest would be an excellent introduction.
    Regards
    Cathy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Aug 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM

yes a letter of recomm as told might be a good start. HOwever,if want to baptise in Spain, you need proof of the parents religious background like Catholic. or pass a course in the rites of baptism.

you need to contact the church for this information
    diocesismalaga.es/index.php?...

it has an email there
    hope it helps

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Aug 12, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Good advice, @gwened.
    When I mentioned a letter of recommendation, the key issue is that it would confirm that the family seeking to baptise their child are regular members of a Catholic congregation, rather than people just seeking to use the church as a photographic prop.

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Aug 12, 2012 at 8:55 AM

yes ,they will need to provide proof of this anyway;;the church would not do it just by whims. I baptised by kids outside of Spain, and needed to prove the roots, and see that the church was under the Roman Catholic rite approve by the Pope.
    Believe me in my search many churches are not even if call catholic...outside of Spain of course.

that is why a letter will be good, but the confirmation on what is needed will come from the one in Mijas.
    cheers

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines