Mijas Travel Answers

change location
funkycarla8's Profile Photo

Too much or too little?

by funkycarla8 Online Now Jun 17, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Hello,

I'm going to Mijas from the 7th to the 9th of Sept.

I land at about 1:30pm on the 7th then pick up my car hire. I was planning on going to Fuengurola and spending the afternoon/evening there, visiting the Bioparc and the Marina before going to my hotel (Grangefield Oasis Club) at night.

On the 8th i was planning on spending the day in Banalmadena and visiting Seaworld and then doing the dolphin boat trip that is included in a ticket i've found for €31. Is it too much trying to do both in one day? the boat ride is supposed to last 2hrs. Is there anywhere you'd recommend going for dinner? I was hoping for somewhere along the beach front.

On the 9th I was thinking of packing everything up, putting it in the car and driving down to Marbella. I don't have anything planned to do here so any suggections would be great. Beach and shopping was my main thought so any recommendations would be lovely.

My flight isn't until 11pm so i'll have to check in at 9pm. Would i expect much traffic getting from Marbella to Malaga airport at this time of night? And how long would it roughly take?

Do you think i'm trying to fit in too much? not enough? Any help is greatly appreciated as i'm going for my 21st birthday weekend (looking to remember it, not spend it hung over in bed!)

Thanks x

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Benson35's Profile Photo

Re: Too much or too little?

by Benson35 Online Now Jun 18, 2012 at 6:42 AM

Hi, I think you have the balance just right. I've stayed in Mijas Costas before and apart from the apartment pool and the beach within walking distance, there isn't much else there (but this was quite a few years ago). Mijas in the hills is a lovely little village. It's famous for the donkeys there (and the smells that go with donkeys!!).
    You're trips sound do-able, not a mad rush holiday trying to fit everything in. As for the traffic, it can get really busy along the coastal road between 5pm and 7pm. From my experience, I can't see you having a problem with traffic for a 9pm check-in.
    I'm sorry I don't know the specifics you want, but have fun in Spain!
    Hayley :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • katepj's Profile Photo

by katepj Online Now Jun 30, 2012 at 3:49 AM

Have you thought of swapping the two days around? I've looked at the calendar and unless I've read it wrongly the 9th is a Sunday. Sure some shops on Sundays but by no mean all of them. If you want to spend big bucks in Marbella, or even just wander around the main high street shops, then Saturday would be a better option. Also some decent places to eat in Marbella, as there are in most Spanish coastal resorts. Fuengirola has some good ones too. It all depends what you like to eat.

By the look of it your hotel is in La Cala/Mijas Costa? and between Fuengirola. So if you went to Benalmadena on the last day, you would nearer to the airport anyway, rather than coming back on yourself from Marbella. Just a thought on logistics.

• katepj's Profile Photo

by katepj Online Now Jun 30, 2012 at 3:49 AM

sorry - some shops on Sundays * are open * etc

• funkycarla8's Profile Photo

by funkycarla8 Online Now Jul 23, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Ohh i hadn't thought of that. i'll definitely take that in to consideration.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines