Midlothian

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Need fun activities!

Plano Nov 25, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Traveling 02/15/15 to the Woga Meet. Is there a gun range that is open to the public? Mom, Dad, and 10yr old boy. Need suggestions on fun things to do and what to wear (weather wise)!

more
    • Live Music

South Padre Island Nov 2, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Where can I locate a description of entertainers in south padre island, tx?

more
    • operating hours for the Museum of Natural Science

Houston Nov 25, 2014 at 4:16 PM

We were planning a trip to Houston for the Thanksgiving Weekend. I was curious as to what Musems would actually be open on the day after Thanksgiving or even on the Saturday.

more
    • Dallas Neighborhood: Is Park Row a decent place to live?

Dallas Oct 28, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Hello, I am in need of some well thought out answers!

A little back story...
      I am moving from Los Angeles to Dallas with my fiancé. We're aware that the upscale neighborhoods more central to Dallas are University Park and Highland Park, but unfortunately the homes there are out of our budget. We've explored surrounding suburbs, but we live in a very central location now so I'm used to city living. I also really loathe driving longer than 20 minutes :)
      I need to know if it is TRULY the case that anything south of the city center is unsafe. I get the impression that some of these opinions have to do with race, and possibly the fact that some may have a different mentality of what makes them feel unsafe or uncomfortable. The way some speak about this place reminds me of how people here in LA talk about Compton, which really is known by ALL as a scary place that I would never under any circumstances visit. Is this area of Dallas really as bad as they make it sound?

I currently live in the Miracle Mile/Hancock Park area of LA. There's a combination of apartments, multi-million dollar homes, and shopping. Here, if you go a few blocks east or south and it can get less desirable. Even still, in this sought after neighborhood, I see just as many homeless people sleeping on bus stop benches or collecting recyclables in their carts. One of the residents in the apartment complex we currently live in is suspected of dealing drugs. Plenty of other undesirable things happen here that come with living in a central part of town. This doesn't make me feel unsafe...it is just a part of city life.

We have our eyes locked on a lovely historical house, in the South Blvd/Park Row neighborhood just East of the 45 and South of the 30 Freeway. I believe It's near the Forest Theater. Every home in this neighborhood looks well kept with nicely manicured lawns and landscaping. It shows the neighborhood crime rate as low on Trulia, but with a higher crime rate in the surrounding areas. Is it considered up and coming?

We will most likely be doing our shopping in Highland/University Park because that's where the Trader Joe's is and is of course, the nicer part of town. But I wouldn't mind living in a cheaper area that is up and coming, if that is the case. Also, does anyone know about the resale value of these homes?

Any and all information will help. Please give answers based on facts and not race please! I've read some unfriendly posts regarding race in certain areas and that's just not how I base my opinions of safe/unsafe neighborhoods.

Thanks, everyone! :)

more