Middelburg Travel Answers

change location

sunday train timmes

by bevy62 Online Now Sep 26, 2008 at 6:51 AM

thank you for answering my last question with regards to the monday time table fom middelburg to amsterdam....but could i ask for your help again please?? do you have any idea as to what time the trains run on sunday for the same trip?? i have booked a hotel close to centraal station for the night!! also do you know the cost of the one-way trip?? your help is very much appreciated...kind regards b.j.hutchings

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • vtveen's Profile Photo

Re: sunday train timmes

by vtveen Online Now Sep 26, 2008 at 8:08 AM

You may find all your answers on the website of the Dutch Railway Company (in English):
    ns.nl/reisplanner-v2/index.s...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Sep 26, 2008 at 8:38 AM

The last direct train from Middelburg departs at 21:59 from Middelburg and arrives at 00:17 at Schiphol.

The is one connection possibility later, which will take much longer because you have to wait for the night train at Rotterdam:

22:23 Middelburg 2 Roosendaal Stoptrein (NS)
    23:15 Roosendaal 3b
    Change trains
    23:35 Roosendaal 4b Dordrecht Stoptrein (NS)
    00:32 Rotterdam Centraal 9
    Change trains
    01:03 Rotterdam Centraal 9 Den Haag Centraal Intercity (NS)
    01:58 Schiphol 1-2

I recommended to take the direct train at 21:00 fromMiddelburg, that arrives at 23:17 at Schiphol.

Price: One way 2nd class (Enkele reis tweede klas) = € 25,70

PJ

• Re: sunday train timmes

by bevy040862 Online Now Sep 26, 2008 at 11:52 AM

thank you so much for the info it is very kind of you...will let you know how i get on...many thanks

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Sep 26, 2008 at 2:41 PM

If you're staying near Amsterdam Central Station, this is what you do:

take a train Middelburg- Amsterdam Central Station and walk to your hotel.
    A single trip is 25.50 Euro. Check the schedules at the link that vtveen gave you (see posting above).
    It's easiest for you to take a direct train (no changes). The schedule shows that trains leaving 1 minute before the whole hour(s) are direct trains (say 13.59, 14.59, etc.).

The next day, take a train from Amsterdam Central Station to Schiphol. If you want to arrive in time (I think I remember you needed to be there at 7.30 am), then the latest train you can take to arrive on time is the 7.11 am (track 14a)so you arrive at Schiphol at 7.28 am (one-way fare is 3.80 euro). There are plenty of trains that arrive earlier, so you needn't worry about being on time.
    The earliest train is at 5.02 am which arrives at Schiphol at 5.19 am. There are 10 consecutive trains which will all have you arrive on time (7.30 am).

Again: have a look at the scheduler on www.ns.nl (English link available), print out the schedules that suit you best.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines