Miami Beach Travel Answers

change location
Alracpt's Profile Photo

Going to sun life stadium on 4th October 2010

by Alracpt Online Now Sep 19, 2010 at 3:15 AM

Hello,

My boyfriend and I booked a trip to Miami for a week in October. We like sports a lot and we thought it was a great idea to see a NFL match, so we got tickets for Dolphins Vs Patriots on 4th October 2010.
We have been searching and Sun life stadium is in the middle of nowhere. We don't drive so it is out of the question renting a car. Browsing a lot we realized that it is possible to go by bus to the stadium, even if it is a very long journey, but we are worried on the way back, like walking after midnight to a bus stop in the middle of nowhere.
Taxis should be really expensive!!! Isn't there any shuttles or special buses that we could take, or divide costs with people attending the match? Even a forum for carpooling or something...
We will be staying in 67thSt and Collings avenue!

Thank you in advance for your help!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Going to sun life stadium on 4th October 2010

by jefandamy Online Now Oct 10, 2010 at 8:53 PM

I am curious as to what you ended up doing about transportation. My husband and I are heading to South Beach in a few weeks and have tickets to a football game as well.
    Thank you
    Amy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Alracpt's Profile Photo

Re: Going to sun life stadium on 4th October 2010

by Alracpt Online Now Oct 15, 2010 at 3:26 PM

I ended up going by bus and coming back with a van, as it seems to be impossible to comeback with public transportation.

I start to say that our way to the stadium didn't cost us anything extra, as we had bought a week-travelcard for public transportation26 each. Bus fares are2 per ride, we used our card worthy36, so it was a good deal for us, specially because we didn't need to worry about having the2 each time.

We were located at 67& Collins, so we needed the bus to go to south beach, downtown Miami and up north to Aventura mall.
    Even if you are staying nearby Ocean drive, a transportation is needed, maybe less frequently than we did, because for instance it is walkable from Ocean drive to Lincoln avenue and from hour hotel we needed a bus to go there.

From Miami beach to Sun Life Stadium is needed at least 2 buses and the total time of the journey is long, but we could find a nice way to do it, dividing the journey in 2 and do a bit of shopping tour:

1st - we took bus S - Direction Aventura Mall. We took it on 67 and Collins Av, but it can be cought in Lincoln.

From Lincoln it should be around 1 hour to get to Aventura Mall, but at least you'll be leaving at final stop, so no worries about where to leave.

In front of Aventura mall is a terminus for several buses just outside of the food court entrance.

So after our first bus ride we went for some food and a bit of window shopping, as we didn't want to carry shopping bags to the stadium... W

• Alracpt's Profile Photo

Re: Going to sun life stadium on 4th October 2010

by Alracpt Online Now Oct 15, 2010 at 3:45 PM

Sorry I must have pressed something on my keyboard, that posted the message without being complete.

After the visit to Aventura Mall we got the 2nd bus - number 99 - direction Miami Gardens Drive NW 68 Av

You should get out at NW 27 Av @NW 199 St, that is around 1h20 journey, but you better ask the driver to let you know when to leave, because it is not so easy. We met on the bus 4 other attendants to the match, so we felt confident, but if there was just us 2 I would have asked to the driver where to leave.

On the way back I had previously booked a van with Sun Island Tours

www.sunislandtoursflorida.com

Irealized they had vans on match nights, so I emailed Andrew and asked him for rates

sunislandtours@ymail.com

I had a quote of45 each for a round trip hotel Statium hotel and45 for the 2 of us just for the ride Stadium -Hotel.

We decided that we could get the bus to the stadium and save45.

We were glad we booked the way back with Andrew. At the end of the match Andrew was there and even waited and texted us, because we got lost when exiting the stadium. There was huge traffic but Andrew knows some short cuts and we werent much delayed!

All in all it was a fantastic day and a great vacation!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines