Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• alex0312's Profile Photo

Looking for a cafe with live music.

by alex0312 Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 6:18 AM

Hello,

I am looking for some casual (shorts/polo shirt) cafes with live music (jazz or latin music) in Aventura/Hollywood/Hallandale area.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

more
    • Where to stay? Travelling in May - 2 single girls and a couple

by shalin Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Hi! I'm planning a 2 night -3 day trip between May 2 - May 4 to Miami. I am looking for a fun area to stay (I guess near South Beach?) and a place that works for 4 people - 2 rooms or an apt with 2 rooms - reasonably priced - ideally 150$ a night per room. What do you recommend? Also, what should we do for that weekend - love partying, but not long lines:) , all kinds of food etc. Thanks in advance!:)

more
    • maximilian1's Profile Photo

Legoland from miami

by maximilian1 Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 4:24 AM

Hi everyone,
      I love this amazing place, i spent my last usa holiday in fla 2 yr ago and i would like to re-fly ti miami ad soon as possible with my kids. I ask information about LEGOLAND and how far si from south beach and where to stay for 2 nights nearest the park

Thanks in advance

more
    • Airport immigration lines, timing

by jeanfinney Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Hi - I am an American citizen; I would be re-entering the country from Guatemala. My preferred ticket choice would go through Miami and I would have, if all is on time, one hour and forty minutes. In the past it was not necessary to collect one's bags in Miami, is this still true? Some friends going to Nassau from Gua just missed their connection, two hour immigration line, but they are not American (Kiwi, Aussie) - Is there a special line for American citizens? what do you think of this transit time? thanks!

more
    • Pre-cruise hotel

by williamskar Online Now Jun 29, 2013 at 9:18 PM

What is a good hotel in Miami, FL that offers airport and Port of Miami shuttle service?

3 Answers Jun 30, 2013 at 9:42 PM
    • Connecting Time

by jfrerichs Online Now Jun 20, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I am flying from Los Angeles to Miami, then Miami to Barcelona. The two flights are both on American Airlines. I have a two hour layover in Miami. Will my bags be checked the whole way through? Or will I have to pick them up and re check in? Is two hours for this connection enough?
      Thank you!

8 Answers Jun 21, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    • Anyone around miami in august?

by uktravellers Online Now May 28, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Coming over with three other english lads.. just wondering if anyone is out the same time?

8 Answers Aug 9, 2013 at 9:20 PM
    • bebe72's Profile Photo

point A to B directions

by bebe72 Online Now Apr 27, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I have a two part ?

1. What's the easiest & fastest way from Miami Airport to go to Art Deco area?

2. And whats the easiest & fastest way from art deco area to the Aventura Mall?

thanks

3 Answers Apr 28, 2013 at 4:36 AM
    • Heatonkbrewer's Profile Photo

Activities for Young Kids

by Heatonkbrewer Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 6:37 AM

Hi! Going to be in Miami and Fort Lauderdale with my husband and 2 kids, April 7-11th. Looking for ideas for fun/unique things to do with little kids other than beach/pool that would be appropriate for a 3 year old. thanks!

5 Answers Mar 27, 2013 at 6:02 AM
    • Dabs's Profile Photo

Miami for a day

by Dabs Online Now Dec 26, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I'm going to be flying into Miami in January on a Friday night pre cruise (landing 8:15pm), driving to Ft. Lauderdale to spend the night, hubby will do a swim in the morning and then we have all day Saturday and until about noon on Sunday to do something, both nights are booked and prepaid in Ft. Lauderdale.

I think we will do a short Everglades tour on the day we return from the cruise, booked through the cruise line, but I thought Miami might be an enjoyable place to spend a day pre cruise. I enjoy looking at architecture and would love to try some Cuban food while there. I haven't done a lot of research but I will try to find some sample one day itineraries but 1st the pesky dull questions

1) do I need to get a Sun Pass with my rental car? It's7.99 per day with Dollar which is a lot less than the other rental agencies for a Miami pickup, FLL dropoff. I'm guessing we will be driving to and from Miami, once on Friday at about 9 pm, twice on Saturday in the late morning and probably evening.

2) if we can avoid toll roads without traffic headaches, are the toll roads clearly marked before you get on them? And if you do end up on one by accident, is there a way to pay the toll within a period of time like in Chicago where there's a number to call?

3) good Cuban restaurant in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale or en route?

4) parking, is Miami a "park and leave the car" destination or a "drive and find a spot" destination?

Thanks!

7 Answers Dec 29, 2012 at 1:49 AM
    • A little help please

by Bosconi Online Now Dec 26, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Hello, I am planning my first trip to Miami and am in need of some assistance. If anyone has rented out a house in the Miami or south beach area, and was happy with your rental please let me know some of the info. I'm looking for 4 bed rooms and prefer to be on the beach. If not on the beach the close to it. Thank you

Jamie

• gstutt's Profile Photo

Transportation

by gstutt Online Now Nov 10, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Flight arrives at MIA at 1:30 am. mid Dec. Suggestions for 3 to get to the Newport Beachside Hotel at that hour??

3 Answers Nov 11, 2012 at 10:38 AM
    • sai255's Profile Photo

Shopping, Entertainment, Food near Sunny Isles Beach

by sai255 Online Now Sep 22, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I am going to visit Miami on 16OCT for 1 week. Planning 2 days on beach, 3 days take cruise to Bahamas and 1 day shopping at Sawgrass Mills. The hotel I have booked for first two days is Newport Beachside, which is located in Sunny Isles Beach. I would like to know any interesting places near the hotel, shopping or food. Or I have to spend whole days on beach.

2 Answers Oct 3, 2012 at 10:37 PM
    • milliturtle's Profile Photo

Advice for 10 hour layover

by milliturtle Online Now Sep 7, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Hi, we have booked our tickets to La Paz on AA. We will arrive at around 1:30pm and our connecting flight will not leave till around 11:30pm. We are pre cleared in Canada and should only have carry on bags, so we should be able to get out pretty quickly. We are either leaving our carry on at the left luggage and take the bus or if we can get a deal, rent a car. Do you have any suggestions on how we can kill our time? We would like to walk around and try some Cuban food if possible. I think everglades might be typo far though.

Another thing is that we both have nexus, so in theory should not need as long to go through customs again but if any one have real life examples, please share.

Thanks.

18 Answers Nov 11, 2012 at 8:27 PM
    • Lapsrus's Profile Photo

Miami airport terminal change

by Lapsrus Online Now Aug 26, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Greetings, VTers

I will be going from an American Airlines flight in Terminal D to an IBC Airlines flight in Terminal J. I am most concerned about the time that it will take for my return trip, going through customs.

Would anyone care to walk me through the process of going through MIA customs from Term J and transit to Term D? Would you also make a time estimate?

Thanks,
      glenn

1 Answer Aug 27, 2012 at 5:38 AM
    • Miami : What is the most touristy location ?

by wmjunejo Online Now Aug 12, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Can anyone recommend a good budget hotel in the heart of Miami where most of the things are at walking distance ?

We are there for just one night without car and want see the major attractions of Miami very quickly.

Appreciate advice.

3 Answers Aug 13, 2012 at 8:30 AM
    • onaquest's Profile Photo

Hola Miami,

by onaquest Online Now Jul 11, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I'll be in Miami Aug 7-13, and need some suggestions for activities people!

Every late night will be committed to salsa clubs. Salseros talk to me!
      I'm doing the dog track, fanboat, Espanola Way, beach thing during the day.
      Thought if anyone can tell me about some awesome secrets in little Habana and little Haiti, I'm down.
      Not really a shopper, although open to something not so typical.
      Would love an amazing dinner suggestion, Im in the industry, and i eat everything!
      Is there a point to downtown at all? Im confused, seems quiet.

Super excited to meet you Miami!! Thanks for all your input and suggestions!!
      much love!

Read more: VT Forum temporarily unavailable

5 Answers Jul 12, 2012 at 1:25 AM
    • titotherio's Profile Photo

5 hour layover

by titotherio Online Now Jul 10, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Hi,
      I will have a 5 hour layover in Miami on Aug. 13th. Coming from Peru, and pursuing to Canada.
      Assuming I will have to get my luggage and clear customs, do I have time to get out of the airport and do/see anything?

Is the airport far from the city? How much time to get to the city and what is the best/cheapest way??
      Any suggestions?? or am I stuck to wait in the airport.

Thanks for your help, as always..

2 Answers Jul 11, 2012 at 6:09 AM
    • onaquest's Profile Photo

Gimme your 2 cents Miami!!

by onaquest Online Now Jul 10, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I'll be in Miami Aug 7-13, and need some suggestions for activities people!

Every late night will be committed to salsa clubs. Salseros talk to me!
      I'm doing the dog track, fanboat, Espanola Way, beach thing during the day.
      Thought if anyone can tell me about some awesome secrets in little Habana and little Haiti, I'm down.
      Not really a shopper, although open to something not so typical.
      Would love an amazing dinner suggestion, Im in the industry, and i eat everything!
      Is there a point to downtown at all? Im confused, seems quiet.

Super excited to meet you Miami!! Thanks for all your input and suggestions!!
      much love!

• mydreamquest's Profile Photo

Jogging in Miami (South Beach to Brickell Key and Back)

by mydreamquest Online Now May 21, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I am trying to map a running route from South Beach (Lummus Park) to Brickell Key and Back. It appears that the McArthur Causeway is the quickest way to get from South Beach to Brickell Key.

Was curious, is Star Island accessible? Was thinking of doing a 16 mile run from Lummus Park, along the MacArthur Causeway thru downtown to Brickell Key, around the circumference of the key and back with a detour along the circle in Star Island, then back on South Beach to Lincoln, down Lincoln and then down Espanola then back to the park.

Are there any barriers to the route I am making?

3 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 5:38 PM
    • omaralonsouy's Profile Photo

Micro SIM cards for iPhone 4S

by omaralonsouy Online Now May 20, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Hi!
      Next moth I will be traveling to the US (2 weeks: Miami, DC and NYC). Since international roaming is extremely expensive, I am wandering if I can buy a micro SIM card for my iPhone 4S which is factory unlocked. Then I would like to know if I can top it up with a "pay as you go" data plan. I am mainly interested in 3G connection (web surfing, mail checking) and also SMS texting. I have read some ambiguous comments on internet. Apparently only AT&T offers such plan. Can anybody help me with this?
      Best regards from Uruguay!

3 Answers May 21, 2012 at 6:43 AM
    • DunaKal's Profile Photo

Miami to Key west

by DunaKal Online Now May 20, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Hi all,

how to get to Key west from Miami? what are my options? any hotel recommendations?

thanx

5 Answers Jul 19, 2012 at 7:43 PM
    • 2 full days in Miami.....

by erq Online Now May 17, 2012 at 5:46 PM

We will be in Miami in July for 2 full days. Aside from the beaches, what other "attractions" would you recommend? Looking for things that we would not otherwise see here in Southern California. Been to all the zoos here in California so is it worth visiting the Miami zoo? Shopping area that is unique to miami?

Definitely wanted to do a trip to the Everglades. Which company would you recommend for the airboat tours? We will be driving but would prefer a company that was closer to Miami....

thanks!

6 Answers May 19, 2012 at 7:12 AM
    • New to Miami! Need help!

by Rida87 Online Now May 7, 2012 at 11:16 PM

my husband and i just got tickets to miami for our anniversary present and have no idea how to plan the trip. Its more like a last minute thing cuz we are leaving on may 19th, 2012 and plan to stay till may 31st.

I heard south beach is the best place to be for everything. we are looking forward for a nice place to stay, nice restaurants, shoppings, clubs and ofcourse beach.. Is it better to rent an apartment or stay at a hotel?

Any advices would work actually. We dont even have a budget yet .. i would estimate2000 or something ..

5 Answers May 13, 2012 at 2:04 AM
    • Mandarin Oriental Miami - Downtown

by Falstaf Online Now May 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Has anyone been there? I will be there for business next month, and have heard great things about their location, and spa, but only through travel blogs.

2 Answers May 1, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    • Miami Beach to Key West/Florida keys

by Mich1979 Online Now Apr 21, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Can you please tell me how long the drive is from Miami Beach to Key West/Florida Keys?

Thanks

Michelle

2 Answers Apr 21, 2012 at 4:17 AM
    • Miami

by michealyardy Online Now Apr 18, 2012 at 5:48 AM

what are the best places to visit in miami ?

3 Answers Oct 11, 2012 at 10:01 PM
    • South Beach Hotel

by Hoytie Online Now Feb 26, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Looking for a hotel recommendation for a three night stay in South Beach. Will not have a car so would like to be near beach, shopping and restaurants. Anything (with nice pool) in the300 range? Thanks.

2 Answers Mar 4, 2012 at 3:05 PM
    • alirocks21's Profile Photo

What is there to do???

by alirocks21 Online Now Feb 26, 2012 at 1:56 PM

My friend & I will be in Miami the week before Thanksgiving for a cruise & are debating coming a couple days early to "see" Miami..all I can find online are beaches, partying & artsy things...can someone shed some insight on what is worth the time or not?
      Thanks!!

1 Answer Feb 28, 2012 at 12:27 PM
    • bicycle commuting

by cmcb Online Now Feb 21, 2012 at 3:50 AM

i will be spending 3 to 4 months in miami this spring doing work at miller medical center. i have been advised not to get an apartment in that area. so i have an apartment in miami beach. i wont have a car, because i am coming from europe. i intend to commute by bicycle. Now people are saying that the route that i have seen - venetian causeway to 14th straight to the miller center/jackson hospital, goes through an undesireable/dangerous area and I should forget using the bike. Can anyone advise the best/safest route between lincoln road area and the miller medical center, with the bike? is this really so dangerous? tks

6 Answers Feb 22, 2012 at 12:30 AM
    • Park Place by the Bay 915 NW 1st Avenue Miami - Is this a safe area?

by Alexb26 Online Now Feb 20, 2012 at 7:35 AM

HI I would be grateful for some advice from some locals in Miami
      I am coming to Miami with my girlfriend at the end of March for 10 days and have booked an apartment in NW 1st Avenue on windu. The apartment looked nice and it was advertised as a luxury apartment condo. I have since been looking at reviews on the internet and it appears that the condo is in Overtown one of the roughest areas of Miami.
      Can anyone please help me? Is this really a rough part of downtime Miami or is it OK? Will I be ok or should we consider cancelling and finding alternative accommodation? Thanks for your help

3 Answers Mar 4, 2012 at 3:16 PM
    • 2-Day Miami & Everglades Getaway Ticket

by paddyposh Online Now Jan 7, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Hey all, first time poster!

In Orlando for 2 weeks this year, but 1st April we are going to Miami for WrestleMania 28. Cost of fuel or flights + hotels + parking etc on their own = big$$£££.

This is where I came across this on Attraction Tickets Direct, for £110 - Coach transport there and back, a trip on the Everglades, snake and alli handling and a night in a hotel in the Deco District, now to me that is a bargain price and considering it saves us the hassle of driving ourselves and finding own accomodation etc I am very inclined to book this.

But being the skeptic I am, it just seems too good to be true!!

Has anyone done this before and if so what are your opinions on it? Ideal for us really, just after some opinions from those who've booked it before.

Or if not, any other recommendations on staying cheaply in a decent part of Miami for a night?

1 Answer Jan 11, 2012 at 6:33 PM
    • john_dsouza's Profile Photo

Newyork to Miami

by john_dsouza Online Now Dec 29, 2011 at 8:58 AM

Hello Everyone. I am coming to Miami and reaching here on 31st morning. Please tell me about some good and cheap hotels. Also please tell me the famous club where I can enjoy my new year bash.

3 Answers Jan 3, 2012 at 9:31 PM
    • Mikuhl01's Profile Photo

Early March and hotel info

by Mikuhl01 Online Now Dec 27, 2011 at 1:03 PM

We are going in Early March to Miami (SB). Is this a good time to go? Weatherwise. We stayed at a place called the Clay hotel last time. Is there any other hotel near this area that is comparable in price too?

2 Answers Jan 3, 2012 at 1:28 PM