Miami

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hotel in Miami

by eltarrant Online Now Dec 30, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Can you recommend a hotel in Coconut Grove Miami or another safe area for around $260 a night

1 Answer Jan 7, 2015 at 2:03 PM
    • Chinggis_n_Borte's Profile Photo

Miami International airport - departure with American Airlines

by Chinggis_n_Borte Online Now Nov 7, 2014 at 5:55 AM

Hello,

Tomorrow we are flying from MIA to Jamaica with American Airlines.
      We plan to catch the bus J to MIA.
      Our Itinerary does not indicate which Terminal to go to. Other flights on our itinerary specify a departure or arrival terminal, but not this one.
      We checked American Airlines' website and it indicates our boarding gate will be D36.
      And it appears that AA uses a couple of terminals?

Our questions:-

When the J bus arrives at MIA, do we have to get other transport to a particular terminal to check in/ drop off our bags at AA? (The difficulty is that our itinerary does not specify a terminal).

All advice welcome.

Thank you

Borte

6 Answers Nov 8, 2014 at 10:35 AM
    • dejavu2gb's Profile Photo

Immigration Clearance in Miami

by dejavu2gb Online Now Oct 26, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I am connecting in Miami on 29 November. Arriving from Caracas and connecting to London on the same day. Would I need to clear immigration in Miami before my connecting flight to London?
      Thanks for any help given.

15 Answers Nov 5, 2014 at 5:14 AM
    • MartinK35's Profile Photo

Any general help and advice?

by MartinK35 Online Now Oct 18, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Hiya all, or should I say "y'all"? Actually that's not my question so I'll get to the point. I'm a little British guy from London arriving in Miami by Amtrak at 6:55pm on a Sunday evening. I have a flight to Nassau, Bahamas a day and a half later on Tuesday from MIA International Airport at 2:05pm so I'll be staying for 2 nights. I know I don't have time to see and do everything in a day but what highlights do you recommend and which neighbourhoods should I look at for hotel accommodation? I have a budget of about $160 per night. I know this question is very vague and I now know what people in the London and Heathrow forums feel like when faced with the myriad of possibilities to do in a huge city with not a lot of time.

I do apologise to the good people of Miami for not making it my primary destination but any advice and suggestions would be very welcome. I'm not a huge fan of just sitting on the beach but I do love art and bars with live music.

2 Answers Oct 19, 2014 at 3:44 AM
    • glen006's Profile Photo

Two days + NBA game

by glen006 Online Now Oct 12, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Hi guys,

Myself and my wife (Australian, early 30's) will be staying in Orlando in April, and planning to go to Miami for 2 days (one night).

I'm thinking of hiring a car, leaving real early the first day and arriving back late the second. Are there any better options?

Also, what should we do? I'm thinking South Beach obviously but is it worth doing a city tour or something as well? Any other must-see-and-do's?

I am a Magic fan and have got tickets to a Heat v Magic game. Obviously they are rivals and I'm wondering about etiquette. Is it cool to wear Magic merchandise or cheer for them? I've been to a lot of football (soccer) matches in England and Europe where away team fans need to keep their head down. Obviously I know to be respectful, but should I not wear any Orlando stuff?

Also any advice about cool restaurants or pubs/bars (not into nightclubs) would be awesome, I really want to try a southern BBQ place!

Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Oct 13, 2014 at 10:42 AM
    • MartinK35's Profile Photo

Amtrak from Palatka

by MartinK35 Online Now Oct 7, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Does anyone know if I will be able to hop off the train on route to Miami for a quick ciggie? Obviously not while it's still moving but during it's 15 minute stop in Orlando and at other stations along the way? 8 hours is a long time on a train without a nicotine fix.

5 Answers Oct 18, 2014 at 1:25 AM
    • How bare is okay in So BE?

by alexishotbuns Online Now Sep 15, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Hi I will be there in October just after Carbival, which sucks but wondering how bare is okay on the beach and around town? Can I get by with a thong bikini walking on the strip and or topless there or on the beach?

7 Answers Sep 17, 2014 at 7:05 AM
    • BEST way to get good airfare to miami from new york

by arrowtrak Online Now Aug 30, 2014 at 1:54 PM

i tried travelbuddy247.com and expedia.com. Travelbuddy247.com was less but is there any others?

4 Answers Sep 1, 2014 at 8:50 AM
    • Everglades canoe/kayak tour?

by K10lanc Online Now Aug 27, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Hello! I am heading to Miami in November and am hoping to find an Everglades tour that includes a canoe or kayak rental instead of an air boat tour. Any ideas? I'm touring solo and won't have a car available, so something that offers hotel pickup from downtown Miami would be ideal. Thanks for your help!

2 Answers Aug 28, 2014 at 5:23 AM
    • FeRossinih's Profile Photo

Place to leave the bags

by FeRossinih Online Now Aug 21, 2014 at 8:37 AM

I'm staying in Miami Beach for 3 nights in a hotel.
      And then I embark on a cruise for 3 nights, and I need a place to leave the bags. The hotel do not accept stay with the bags.
      Does anyone knows a place where I can leave the bags, or the contact of a Hotel that have that kind of service?
      I heard the Airport have that service but it´s expensive.
      Tks

2 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 8:41 PM
    • i have a day in miami

by magyarfiu Online Now Aug 16, 2014 at 9:07 PM

what to do in a day there

6 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 3:43 AM
    • Weather In August

by HelenM51 Online Now Aug 11, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Hey I'm going to Miami sunny isles next Wednesday Aug 20 however I'm a bit worried that the weather shows thunder every single day I really want to get a tan. Is it really rainy all day like in New York. Or the sun does come out eventually?

4 Answers Jan 16, 2015 at 11:07 PM
    • Getting around in Miami, FL

by kereamsimon Online Now Jul 10, 2014 at 2:18 PM

We arrive tomorrow in Ft. Lauderdale. We already have transportation to our hotel in Miami; however, what is the cheapest way to get 3 passengers to the Seaquarium from the hotel near the airport?

2 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 3:28 AM
    • Walt Disney World Experience.

by Kerne Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 3:09 PM

I want to visit Miami to go Disney World. Not sure how to go about the planning of that trip, is it that Disney have there own hotels that you can book or are there hotels near by you can stay that are cheaper than what Disney world have to offer.

5 Answers Jun 24, 2014 at 7:26 PM
    • ferry from miami to cancun

by xiexin Online Now Jun 7, 2014 at 6:29 PM

i'm going to visit miami in Dec.2014 and would like to take a ferry to Cancun from there.
      I would like to know is there any ferry available and the prices.

thanks for any help.

2 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 3:22 AM
    • ferry from miami to cancun

by xiexin Online Now Jun 7, 2014 at 5:59 PM

is there any ferry available from miami to cancun?

4 Answers Jan 16, 2015 at 11:08 PM
    • SamyValy's Profile Photo

Miami in less than a day

by SamyValy Online Now May 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Hi beautiful people! Tomorrow I'm leaving for my USA on the road and in about a week I'll be visit Miami but I only have less than a day to see the city. I'll be coming ( with my rented car ) from Ft Lauderdale and I'll spend the evening in Key Largo. Can you please let me know how to make the most of that time in Miami? Thank you so much!

3 Answers May 23, 2014 at 1:13 PM
    • Holiday Trip

by Daniel100 Online Now May 1, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Hi, I am going on a holiday to Miami for the first two weeks in September 2014, I would like to know what the weather is like during that time of the year and also how do you get in contact with other tourists on holiday too?
      Thanks

5 Answers May 2, 2014 at 9:02 AM
    • Airport immigration lines, timing

by jeanfinney Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Hi - I am an American citizen; I would be re-entering the country from Guatemala. My preferred ticket choice would go through Miami and I would have, if all is on time, one hour and forty minutes. In the past it was not necessary to collect one's bags in Miami, is this still true? Some friends going to Nassau from Gua just missed their connection, two hour immigration line, but they are not American (Kiwi, Aussie) - Is there a special line for American citizens? what do you think of this transit time? thanks!

22 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 4:15 AM
    • maximilian1's Profile Photo

Legoland from miami

by maximilian1 Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 4:24 AM

Hi everyone,
      I love this amazing place, i spent my last usa holiday in fla 2 yr ago and i would like to re-fly ti miami ad soon as possible with my kids. I ask information about LEGOLAND and how far si from south beach and where to stay for 2 nights nearest the park

Thanks in advance

8 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 10:27 AM
    • Where to stay? Travelling in May - 2 single girls and a couple

by shalin Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Hi! I'm planning a 2 night -3 day trip between May 2 - May 4 to Miami. I am looking for a fun area to stay (I guess near South Beach?) and a place that works for 4 people - 2 rooms or an apt with 2 rooms - reasonably priced - ideally 150$ a night per room. What do you recommend? Also, what should we do for that weekend - love partying, but not long lines:) , all kinds of food etc. Thanks in advance!:)

4 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 3:22 AM
    • alex0312's Profile Photo

Looking for a cafe with live music.

by alex0312 Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 6:18 AM

Hello,

I am looking for some casual (shorts/polo shirt) cafes with live music (jazz or latin music) in Aventura/Hollywood/Hallandale area.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 Answer Mar 20, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    • Sputnik1988's Profile Photo

Layover in Miami

by Sputnik1988 Online Now Feb 17, 2014 at 9:34 PM

This fall my fiance and I are taking our first cruise, it is also our honeymoon and it looks like we will have 5-6 hours to spend in Miami before boarding.

I was wondering what would be something to do to pass the time.

Thanks, Mike

2 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 3:22 AM
    • dejavu2gb's Profile Photo

Arrivals from St Thomas

by dejavu2gb Online Now Feb 12, 2014 at 2:17 PM

We will be arriving from St Thomas into Miami.
      As I know the immigration queues into Miami can take ages, I wanted to find out if we clear immigration in St Thomas (i.e. arrival as a domestic flight), or do we need to join the massive line in Miami to enter the US?
      Thanks All.

9 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 1:41 PM
    • Hi Im looking for someone to go to 70 000 tons of metal with me.

by BunnyAdderstein Online Now Feb 12, 2014 at 4:17 AM

I am a 44 year old straight lady looking for a lady of a similar age to go on the 70 000 tons of metal cruise in 2016. Is there anyone on here that would be interested in joining me?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sarah

2 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 6:48 AM
    • rafscab's Profile Photo

Taxis, kids and car seats/boosters

by rafscab Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Hi,

I'm flying to Miami Airport with my wife and 2 daughters aged 3 and 11 months and we need to go to Fort Lauderdale. I want to go by taxi but I need to know if I MUST have car seats for the kids. If I don't take the car seats with me, it's a problem taking a cab? Will the driver refuse to take us?
      I'm trying to avoid renting a car with boosters for such a short and single ride.
      Thank you so much in advance for your response.

Rafa

4 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 5:59 AM
    • picking a car out of a cruise

by dmassald Online Now Jan 28, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Should I rent a car at the port or should I just get a cab and rent later when coming back from a cruise ?

5 Answers Sep 10, 2014 at 4:10 AM
    • alex0312's Profile Photo

Restaurants

by alex0312 Online Now Jan 16, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Hey,

Would somebody recommend some restaurants/cafes in Miami and surrounding area? I'm looking for some smaller, more authentic places and especially ones that are not available outside of that area. It could be chain restaurants as well. Last time I was in Miami I tried Giraffas, 100 Montaditos, and Umami Burger. These places are not available where I live (New Jersey.) I'm pretty much looking for something that I cannot find at home. I hope this is not confusing.

5 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 9:33 AM
    • fanfan1102's Profile Photo

How much cash should I take?

by fanfan1102 Online Now Jan 2, 2014 at 10:56 PM

I'll travel Miami next month, I don't how much money I should take.

5 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 5:28 AM
    • Accomodation Miami

by majetan212 Online Now Dec 30, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Hello,

could you please advise me some really cheap accomodation in Miami, FL? Maybe some kind of appartment or cheap hotel. Thank you som much :-)

7 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 3:23 AM