Mexico City Travel Answers

change location

Mexico City

by irenembernal Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 8:03 AM

I have been in Mexico City before & have the luxury of staying in Polanco, Condessa & Zona Rosa, but this time I am showing the city to a few friends with a tight budget. Should we stay in a hotel near the Zocolo or Centro Historico? Any recommendations of the hotel? I have been told Holiday Inn at the Zocolo. Have you heard of Hotel Casa Blanca? Thank you!

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Re: Mexico City

by Donna_in_India Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Hi - I've been researching Mexico City quite a bit and found some nice accommodations on homeaway.com. You might want to check it out. Don't know how many of you are going but you'll likely have more space and amenities in a rental than you would in a budget hotel. Enjoy!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

by ViajesdelMundo Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I am currently in MexCity again and staying in an apartment, which as indicated,, if you are here a few days could save on food, etc.

I used: https://www.airbnb.com/

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

by blueskyjohn Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn as well but find the Best Western Hotel Majestic to be beautiful, and more historic. It is just at the next corner down from the Holiday Inn and a perfect location. I had success getting a better rate at the Majestic and now this is where I stay when I visit.

book.bestwestern.com/bestwes...

or below and translate on google

http://www.majestichotel.com.mx/

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

by cachaseiro Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 2:35 PM

The are around the Zocalo is quite good to stay at.
    Right by many of the biggest sights and quite lively both day and night.

• Re: Mexico City

by Jetgirly Online Now Jan 27, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I've stayed in Zona Rosa and near the Zocalo a few times, and from a transit perspective I prefer the Zocalo. I know things there get pretty quiet at night, but it's probably the easiest home base for exploring the city. What I will say is that Casa Gonzales in the Zona Rosa was a WONDERFUL, affordable hotel, so if you're willing to have a minor transportation in convenience it is a great choice.

• melosh's Profile Photo

by melosh Online Now Jan 27, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I prefer the historic centro, especially when showing Mexico City to friends. The Majestic, Gran Hotel and Holiday Inn are not just in the historic center, they have one side facing the Zocalo and National Palace. All three apparently have rooftop restaurants of with varying reviews as to food quality and great views of the plaza. Rooms on the Zocalo have views and may suffer from the plaza/street noise for early in the morning until about 11pm when things get very quiet. Interior rooms may be quieter, but lack the view. (Above the 2nd floor, but perhaps two floors below the roof might be optimal.
    My sentimental favorite has been the Majestic. I first visited it in about 1962 as a 12 year old child. Like the Gran Hotel it is in an historic building with no hotel chain character. I have never been in the Holiday Inn, but have read good reviews except for complaints of "very small rooms". I always take friends to see the lobby of the Gran, but have never stayed due to the higher price. Standard prices at the Majestic have apparently decreased over the last 5 years, but as mentioned a phone call may get you better prices than over the internet. If sites on the internet say the hotels are sold out, you might still do a quick call.
    If you desire modern, high class rooms that might even be cheaper than right on the zocalo you should consider La Catedral Hotel (Not the hostel). It is a block behind the Cathedral (on Donceles) and advertizes luxury accommodations. There website posted prices seem good. Better rooms, lower prices, no view.

good luck, bob

• Re: Mexico City

by zapfilms Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I would suggest Condesa and Roma neighborhoods, esp. if you like to wander and go to eat and drink at night. For med price the Red Tree House Condesa, cheaper the Hotel Milan, Roma. Centro Historico is a bit of a cave at night. For Zona Rosa the Hotel El Principato is very convenient and nice.

• cfriasma's Profile Photo

by cfriasma Online Now Oct 31, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Hello
    Casa Blanca is a very good option, it is a cheap Hotel but with very good service.
    If you need help to book it or you need quotation you can send me a DM

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Mexico City