Mexicali Travel Answers

change location
sunset_gal's Profile Photo

All About Mexicali

by sunset_gal Online Now Jun 11, 2004 at 6:09 AM

Hi Vters, Need information about Mexicali. What is the town like? How big is it? Is is a safe city since i understand that its a bordertown? I appreciate all information that you can tell me. Thanks in advance!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • El_Cookie's Profile Photo

Re: All About Mexicali

by El_Cookie Online Now Sep 17, 2004 at 8:17 PM

I was in Mexicali 2 weeks ago. The weather is hot right now about 105 (F) when I was there. I grew up near there. Mexicali is similiar to Monterrey...lots of industry but with a little bit more of a personal touch. Its not as big as Mty though and i don't think there is a Mty Tec campus there but i'll have to check that out. Plaza Cachanilla is one of the main shopping centers. Well i haven't been to the plaza in years...i'm sure its still around. I would just go and party there when I lived in the area . I'm dissapointed that I don't no much about the city itself with all good times and money I spent there. Its pretty safe but like all border cities at night...it takes a life of its own. All the hookers, pimps, junkies come out and play. Especially in the areas where the strip joints are, not to far from the border. Not as crazy as Tijuana with everyone trying to sell you something. My suggestion is to cross the border and rent a car and go to San Diego California only about 2 hours away. Calexico the border town is so small it may not even have a car rental place...but I highly doubt that. Hope this helps a bit. I love the airport ...its alive :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines