Meteora Travel Answers

change location

Winter in Meteora

by dgillette Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 5:51 PM

We are planning a trip to Greece for Christmas break. Does anyone know what the weather is likely to be and if things will be open at this time? We'd like to stay a few days in the area.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • penny_g's Profile Photo

Re: Winter in Meteora

by penny_g Online Now Sep 5, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Hi there,

I was in Meteora, exactly in the winter on an excursion for the New Year's eve.

First of all, breath deep and don't worry - it's open.

The place is very beautiful, I can only recommend it to you. The weather is cool, it's not too cold, plus there were lots of sunny days, though it was winter in Greece. Yet, don't forget that Greece is a southern Mediterannean country with tropical plants.

Have a great time there!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • DvaSrca's Profile Photo

by DvaSrca Online Now Sep 6, 2010 at 11:28 AM

There will most probably be chilly but not really cold weather. If you are lucky enough, you will see some snow (and I am saying lucky because it will make the scenery a lot more beautiful).

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

by angiebabe Online Now Jan 1, 2011 at 11:55 AM

If you look through travel pages here on Meteora you will find a wonderful page of Meteora in lots of snow - not a frequent occasion they say but spectacular if youre lucky to have snow - otherwise that why Im always happy travelling any season when I have a rental car to keep me warm and dry between sites if it is wet and cold.
    There would be one worry though if it is wet that the steps to get up and down could be slippery and a bit unnerving - if youve been already for your winter trip would be great to see any of your pics and info how you got on in your own travel page!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Meteora