Meteora Travel Answers

change location
cjkran's Profile Photo

2 Day Tours from Athens

by cjkran Online Now May 12, 2008 at 10:59 AM

Has anyone taken a 2 day tour of Meteora from Athens? There are several offered through many different companies. Each includes about 2 hours in Delphi, then the next morning in Meteora.

I know this is not a lot of time in either place, but unfortunately will be in a time crunch so don't have much more than this.

Can anyone offer any reviews of such tours?

Thanks so much!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Re: 2 Day Tours from Athens

by nomad7890 Online Now May 12, 2008 at 12:20 PM

bookmark

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidmg's Profile Photo

by davidmg Online Now May 12, 2008 at 2:34 PM

Having just been in Meteora 6 weeks ago, I would say that half a day was sufficient for us. Unless one wants to explore each monastery, I think the time you mentioned will give you an experience that will allow you to visit at least one of the structures and catch some incredible views and get some great photos.

We spent the night in a hotel in Kalambaka from which we had breathtaking views of the pinnacles.

• StefanosS's Profile Photo

by StefanosS Online Now May 13, 2008 at 10:45 AM

"...There are several offered through many different companies. Each includes about 2 hours in Delphi, then the next morning in Meteora..."

I am sure that most offers are from different agents of the same tour operators. 2 hours in Delphi is very short time, but I think you will have enough time to enjoy Meteora. Anyway, time for Delphi is limited because of the long road on the first day, while time for Meteora is limited mainly because of the visiting hours schedule of each monastery. Try to avoid this tour on weekends or holidays, when Meteora is more crowded. You will enjoy better on weekdays.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Meteora