Meteora Travel Answers

change location

Are there any 1 day tours (guided tours) from athens to meteora?

by Oded11 Online Now Oct 27, 2007 at 12:59 PM

hellow everybody,

I would like to go on a 1 day tour from athens (where i'm staying) to meteora, because of a tite schedual, and I suppose that the best way of using the time correctly is to take an organized tour. But are there any 1 day organized tours from athens to meteora? and another question is how much is about to cost (i'm on a low budget...)

thanks a lot,
oded

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Re: Are there any 1 day tours (guided tours) from athens to meteora?

by Maurizioago Online Now Oct 27, 2007 at 2:26 PM

You have to know that the travel form AThens to Meteora takes a long time. So, I'd recommend to spend two or three days at Meteora area to enjoy all the six monasteries.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • StefanosS's Profile Photo

Re: Are there any 1 day tours (guided tours) from athens to meteora?

by StefanosS Online Now Oct 28, 2007 at 11:16 AM

The monasteries of Meteora have strict visiting hours. Usually the gates open after sunrise and close on sunset (or maybe earlier). Either alone or by organized tour, you have to start your travel at night or early morning (4 or 5am), so that you will be at Kalambaka around 10am, have your visit (about 4 hours at least) and start your return in the evening. Take into account some time for rest, lunch, changing transport etc. Else, an overnight is needed at Kalambaka. If possible, avoid Sundays and feast days - very many visitors and you can not enjoy...
    In my Meteora page I have links with more precise info.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Meteora