change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Directions from treviso centrale to bike rental

Treviso Aug 25, 2015 at 3:32 PM

Hi,
      I'm coming by train to treviso centrale station, and I would like to rent a bike to ride by the river.
      Where is the nearest bike rental and how would I get there?

more
    • road from Cortina to Venice

Cortina d'Ampezzo Aug 24, 2015 at 1:41 AM

we'll return our car in Mestre at noon. We leave Cortina after breakfast (after 11 days in the Lakes and Dolomites).
      The tripfrom Cortina to Venice is about 2 hours, so we have about 1-2(-3 ? maybe) spare hours.
      Any suggestions for nice places to stop and see on our way to Venice? And an evaluation of time for each of them.

more
    • trains/markets

Peschiera del Garda Aug 20, 2015 at 10:09 PM

How much is a return ticket to verona from peschiera del garda and are there any markets?

more
    • Walk from Piazzali Roma to San Basilio port

Venice Aug 23, 2015 at 9:20 PM

We are staying at a hotel very close to P Roma, and we are boarding a Windstar cruise the next day. What do you think about walking- hubby will have a mid size wheeled bag with an overbite bag on top, and I will have a carry on size wheeled bag. We will leave the hotel about 10:30, and we would like to walk to the port, arriving around 1pm. I think it would be a nice way to see that area on our way, walking in a leisurely fashion. Am I deluding myself, or do you think this plan makes sense, and if not what would be the suggested mode of transport?

more
    • italo train tickets ...when are they for sale?

Venice Jul 28, 2015 at 11:56 PM

Travelling from Rome to Venice late December. I imagine that is a busy time and am prepared to lock in seats now. I read they are on sale 6 months in advance, but keep getting unavailable message online. Help?

more
    • Public Transport Verona Airport to Torbole

Verona Aug 14, 2015 at 1:36 PM

Found a bus 2014 timetable saying you can take a shuttle from the airport to Verona Stazione. From here the 163 bus can be taken to Garda and then the 184 bus from Garda to Torbole. Can anyone confirm that these services are still available in 2015.

Many thanks.

more
    • Trains to Padova from Venice

Padova Aug 3, 2015 at 11:59 AM

Does anyone know if you can get a simple day return ticket from Venice to Padova?

more
    • San Croce; or, Cannaregio district?

Venice Aug 1, 2015 at 1:16 PM

I was wondering your opinion, which of the two neighborhoods do you like the best, taking into consideration; moderate priced restaurants, great places to walk around, getting lost, finding 'out of the way shops', etc., we'll be there 5 days. The two apartments that I've narrowed it down to; are each in one of the two districts. Could you please tell me how far the two neighborhoods are to each other? Thank you very much.

more
    • the road from Cortina d'ampezzo to Venice

Venice Aug 24, 2015 at 1:42 AM

we'll return our car in Mestre at noon. We leave Cortina after breakfast (after 11 days in the Lakes and Dolomites).
      The tripfrom Cortina to Venice is about 2 hours, so we have about 1-2(-3 ? maybe) spare hours.
      Any suggestions for nice places to stop and see on our way to Venice? And an evaluation of time for each of them.

more
    • Visiting Lake Garda gardens

Malcesine Aug 3, 2015 at 2:54 PM

We will be staying in Malcesine & would like to visit the Heller Botanical garden nr Gardone Riviera and on another day - the Isla del Garda - if visits by the public are permitted? What is the best way to get to those gardens? Should we take the ferry across from Malcesine & then a bus down to the Heller Botanic Garden, or take the bus South from Malcesine and then a boat across from another departure point? If visits to the Isla del Garda are allowed - how does can we get there? Thanks for any advice

more
    • Rick Stein's restaurants - TV prgoramme tonight

Venice Aug 7, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Just watched Rick Stein on Venice - drooling at the restaurant that served liver - 3 course meal for Euros 12 but there were no restaurant signs - does anyone know it - looked a fab place where locals went - neither were there any clues from landmarks

more
    • Day trip to Venice

Malcesine Aug 5, 2015 at 12:46 PM

We've seen that it's poss to take a day trip by coach from Malcesine to Venice, but are warned it's a several hour duration journey. Alternative could be by train, but we're not close to the line/station, so may not be practicable time wise, or is it? Is the train faster than coach? Then can we join an organised walking tour on arrival in Venice?

If best arrangement is to take a package coach / walking tour etc - is it possible to book & buy tickets in Malcesine? We've only been able to find Europlan but there are prob others?

Thanks for any advice

more
    • hiring a gondola

Venice Aug 10, 2015 at 8:53 AM

what is best for hiring a gondola? a tour with other people or your own gondola?

more
    • Stairs on bridges

Venice Aug 13, 2015 at 7:32 AM

We are coming to Venice for the first time, next year. I am disabled, and walk short distances. For extended distances I take my electric scooter. My husband is my caregiver. I watched 'Bread and Chocolate' last night and found that the bridges in Venice have stairs; do they all have stairs; do any of the bridges have a way to get around them? Would it be better if we stayed on an island, ex: Giudecca? We were originally thinking about staying in San Croce or Cannaregio, or Giudecca. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

more
    • Where can we buy water?

Venice Aug 1, 2015 at 12:04 PM

An apartment manager has told me; she only has a refrigerator in the apt. rental. She also told me that the grocery stores do not sell ice. I find that odd; do any of you know if this is true? Thanks much.

more
    • Wineries near Venice?

Venice Aug 11, 2015 at 11:09 AM

We're going to Venice next year. We're wondering if, for a day trip, there are any picturesque wineries near Venice you could recommend?

Thank you.

more
    • Venice trip end of August?

Venice Jul 29, 2015 at 9:19 PM

Hi, trying to plan a trip to Italy. My bf and I are torn between Venice and Florence. I've always wanted to go to Venice, so I think its a winner. My question is, will the weather be too hot and smelly around that time? Also, are there any nearby areas we should visit as well? We will spend about 10 - 12 days there.
      Thanks!

more
    • Bus from Mestre to Venice

by misscommunication Online Now May 7, 2015 at 1:26 AM

Hello, a group of us will be in Mestre soon and I would like to know which bus to take to get to Venice from Mestre. Also I would like to know how much does it cost.

Thank you in advance

3 Answers May 8, 2015 at 2:07 PM
    • boat transfer

by BarrieW Online Now Mar 11, 2015 at 8:47 AM

can i get a boat transfer from marco polo to hotel piave mestre

3 Answers Mar 12, 2015 at 1:50 AM
    • BarbaraRamp's Profile Photo

Leather Goids in Mestre

by BarbaraRamp Online Now Nov 11, 2014 at 4:46 PM

We are looking for high quality Italian leather goods (handbags, purses, shoes, gloves, jackets) without the name brands ...no Chanel, Gucci and the like.

5 Answers Nov 14, 2014 at 12:44 PM
    • Bus Fine in Mestre

by slinkyl87 Online Now Aug 18, 2014 at 9:35 AM

I was in Mestre a week ago and received a fine while taking the bus to the airport on my way out of the country. I had validated my train ticket to get to Mestre and was told at the office that it would work for both the train and bus. Since I was in Italy for five days I used the train every day this was my first experience with the bus, I had used the water taxi and had the pass that worked on all public transportation so I assumed this was the same. I was wrong and received a fine even though the couple next to me who also did not have validated tickets was allowed to purchase tickets upon leaving the bus and I was not. No idea why even though I produced my validated train ticket and attempted to explain what happened. My question is is there a number or website I can go to pay the fine, or do I have to mail it in?

1 Answer Aug 18, 2014 at 10:17 AM
    • bus to austria

by melissaehrlich Online Now Aug 4, 2014 at 1:20 PM

where to buy ticket from Venice to Villach, Austria

2 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 11:54 PM
    • Meeting at Mestre train station

by NickM46 Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 5:16 PM

My girl friend and I are arriving at Mestre train station at two different times (and modes of transportation). Is there a central area or cafe that is easy to meet up at? We both haven't been there before, so would like to pick an easy location to get to. Thanks.

3 Answers Jun 25, 2014 at 11:46 PM
    • travel from mestre train station

by chezbne Online Now Jun 20, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Hi, we are booked on a train from munich to mestre train station, pls advise the best way to get from mestre to our accommodation at hotel il moro, cannaregio 30121 venice. Thx Cheryl

4 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 4:11 PM
    • ATVO return ticket at Marco Polo to MESTRE

by jevs Online Now Apr 21, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Do I need to validate my return ATVO ticket on both legs of the journey
      thanks
      jevs

2 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 10:09 AM
    • where to eat/hangout in Mestre

by debnoelle Online Now Apr 17, 2014 at 12:00 PM

group is looking for resturant/pub, we are all staying in or near the Marco Polo or Hilton Garden prior to crusie and want to gather on a friday night, experience some good local food. What do you suggest?

2 Answers Apr 19, 2014 at 7:13 AM
    • Distance from mestre train station to piazza ferretto

by Cityvisitor Online Now Feb 17, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Hi, I will be travelling to Mestre on 1st March with a child & baby. We're flying into Marco Polo airport & staying beside piazza ferretto. How close to Mestre train station is this? We plan to get the flybus from the airport and from what I can make out it stops here. Alternatively is there a train from the airport or how much should we expect to pay for a taxi? Thank you in advance for any advise you can offer...

1 Answer Feb 17, 2014 at 5:49 PM
    • ArieP's Profile Photo

what is a good restaurant in mestre

by ArieP Online Now Jan 19, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Is here some one who can tell me where i can eat in mestre

4 Answers Mar 22, 2015 at 5:43 AM
    • No Question Title

by kcicconetti Online Now Jan 11, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Where can I purchaes 24 hour travel passes at Venice Mestre train station?

1 Answer Jan 11, 2014 at 2:18 PM
    • PolinaP's Profile Photo

bakeries or markets

by PolinaP Online Now Nov 24, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Can anyone tell me is there any bakery or market in Mestre?

2 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    • airport shuttle charge

by angelchathur Online Now Sep 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM

how much would it cost me if i request for an airport shuttle to pick me from marco polo airport to hotel alveri in mestre?

4 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 1:00 PM
    • travelling from Marco Polo airport to Mestre hotel

by gondolapoint Online Now Sep 18, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I will be arriving at the Marco Polo airport at 10:15PM. Will there be taxis available to take me from the airport to my hotel in Mestre (Antony Hotel)?

15 Answers Sep 19, 2013 at 12:22 PM
    • DarkoT's Profile Photo

Beaches near Mestre

by DarkoT Online Now Jun 22, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Hi
      I wanna know whether there are some beaches near Mestre and how can I get to Lido di Jesolo except the road traffic?Is it possible to swim in Lido,Venezia?thank you

9 Answers Jun 23, 2013 at 2:59 AM
    • HOW TO GET TO MESTRE BUS TERMINAL FROM SAN MARCO HOTEL WITHOUT TOO MUCH HASSEL

by kshukler Online Now Jun 16, 2013 at 10:56 PM

HOW TO GET TO MESTRE BUS TERMINAL FROM SAN MARCO HOTEL WITHOUT TOO MUCH HASSEL

7 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 10:03 AM
    • Night transport

by lambotan Online Now May 8, 2013 at 7:48 PM

We are arriving on a train into Venezia Mestre which arrives at 3.00am, and want to get to a hotel close to Venezia Saint Lucia. But Saint Lucia is closed at night so can't use the shuttle service between the two stations. Any suggestions on how we can get there at night.

2 Answers May 8, 2013 at 11:12 PM
    • From Venice Marco Polo airport to Mestre near train station

by graefin Online Now May 5, 2013 at 5:18 AM

Is there a bus from Marco Polo airport to a hotel near the Mestre train Station? Also, how much is a taxi for 2 people with 2 suitcases?

6 Answers May 6, 2013 at 7:33 AM
    • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Train from Mestre/Venice To Milan

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Dec 20, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Trying to learn the Italian train schedule and different lines to take has proven to be a challenge. What line would someone recommend to take from Mestre to Milan in late April? Is it worthwhile to purchase the ticket in advance? Are there discounts for folks 60 and over? We are in no hurry to take an express train to Milan but would like to arrive at the Milan Central station. Would appreciate your help. Thanks :)

28 Answers Dec 22, 2012 at 11:48 AM
    • RonF19's Profile Photo

Bus to Piazzale Roma from Mestre

by RonF19 Online Now Sep 11, 2012 at 7:45 AM

We have purchased the 72 Hr Tourist travel card ACTV for our stay in Venice but which buses can we use from Mastre to go to Piazzale Roma? I have read that the airport buses are not covered.

6 Answers Sep 12, 2012 at 7:45 AM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Bus to Chioggia.

by Maurizioago Online Now Jul 21, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Do I have to take the bus to Chioggia at the bus station ( ...some 10 minutes from the train station on the right) or somewhere else?

7 Answers Jul 22, 2012 at 7:55 AM
    • tucha's Profile Photo

Choose btween 3 Hotels.

by tucha Online Now Apr 5, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I have probelms with sounds during the night, i wake up with everything so anytime i travel I try to find an Hotel in a very quiet are...

So between Hotel Alveri, Hotel Al Vivit, and Hotel Venezia, i think that the zone more quieter is on Hotel Alvei is situated, almost desert...

I like the Hotel, it's new, the train station is 800 meters far, but i don't know if they are bus stations (close to the Hotel) that take me directly to Piazzale Roma and how far the Hotel they are...

Could someone help me?? And are this a safe zone to walk at night??

http://www.hotelalveri.it/en

And the adress :Via Giuseppe Paganello, 18

30174, Mestre

• tucha's Profile Photo

Elite Hotel Residence - Mestre.

by tucha Online Now Sep 12, 2011 at 5:29 AM

Hello

I am planning to stay in this Hotel but i Have some questions...

The adress is Via Forte Marghera 119

Is this a quiet zone???

How far is from Bus station to Venice and from Mestre train station , walking??

Is there any restaurant near the Hotel??

Thanks in advance for all the answers.

Read more: VT Forum temporarily unavailable

• Bus maps for Mestre

by rswaringen Online Now Jul 11, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Hello. I have searched the internet far and long and cannot find a bus route map for Mestre. I believe I will be taking line 6 from the Holiday Inn into Venice but do not know for sure or where the bus stop is. I can't imagine that this is secret information and not published.

Does anyone know where the bus routes are published?

Thanks!

4 Answers May 26, 2014 at 8:11 AM
    • Looking for a good hotel in Mestre!

by micheleflo Online Now Apr 29, 2011 at 4:28 PM

I am looking for a hotel in Mestre as all of Venice is sold out. Trying to find something less than 100e a night since we have 6people, we may need 3 rooms. Does anyone know anythkng about Hotel Villa Dori, Hotel Venezia, or the campging village Alba d'oro? or of any other recomendations close to a bus/train so that we may visit Venice?

5 Answers May 26, 2014 at 8:10 AM
    • Bst transport from Mestre rental car dop to Venice?

by ddahan Online Now Nov 5, 2010 at 6:22 PM

We - middle aged couple - are planned for some touring in North of Italy using rental car.
      Getting to Venice , we'll drop the rental car at Mestre as asked by the rental car company.
      What is the best (cost, time, convenience) transportation way to Venice from Mestre? Our final destination is Venice center, close to Grand Canale, at Rio di Noale corner Rio Trapolin.
      Thank you in advance for your assistance!
      Daniella

5 Answers Nov 10, 2010 at 1:38 PM
    • Handicap transportation

by choyt Online Now Jul 16, 2009 at 11:14 AM

I need a drive in shuttle/taxi to transport my electric scooter "for my handicap" from Venice airport to a hotel.

Thanks.

Carl Hoyt

1 Answer Jul 16, 2009 at 11:41 AM
    • mestre to azzano decimo

by patdif Online Now Sep 13, 2008 at 12:56 PM

How can we get from venice to Azzano Decimo. The last part of the jouney may require a taxi or can we take train or maybe a more direct bus. We do not want to rent a car. Thanks.

3 Answers Sep 14, 2008 at 7:29 PM
    • roselewis's Profile Photo

apartment in Mestre

by roselewis Online Now Oct 29, 2007 at 4:58 PM

Hi,
      Can anyone tell me what Ca d Oro apartment or hotel is like. I found it on bbplanet.com
      We are 4 Adults looking for self contained apartment.
      This one looks good on the net but has anyone stayed in it??
      Thankyou
      Rose

2 Answers Nov 26, 2007 at 2:00 AM