Mestre Travel Answers

change location
Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Bus to Chioggia.

by Maurizioago Online Now Jul 21, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Do I have to take the bus to Chioggia at the bus station ( ...some 10 minutes from the train station on the right) or somewhere else?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Bus to Chioggia.

by leics Online Now Jul 21, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Maurizio, the 80E ACTV bus seems to go from Venice itself. It doesn't mention Mestre on the timetabl and I don't think the timings allow it to go into Mestre and then out again.:

actv.it/pdf/extraurbano/E-80...

Mestre 'bus station' (not really a bus station, just an area with several different bus stops) is right next to the railway station on the right. Venice's bus station is further away on the right, but from Venice Santa Lucia station...over the bridge and into Piazzale Roma. It wouldn't take me 10 minutes to get there...maybe 5.

Or have I got the wrong bus info?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

by Maurizioago Online Now Jul 22, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Thanks.

• domenicococozza's Profile Photo

by domenicococozza Online Now Jul 22, 2012 at 4:29 AM

Once in MESTRE move toward the "VEMPA" Overpass (when you leave the railway station, turn right and go straight until you see, on your right, a large overpass) and take the ACTV Bus (the blue ones that makes the extra-urban trips), number 80E to Chioggia. The trip from Mestre to Chioggia takes about 40 min.

The ticket for the ACTV bus must be purchased at MESTRE railway station from the newsagent (one-way ticket: 4.50 euros; return ticket 8.00 euros);
    - the bus for Chioggia has a yellow flashing panel in front of the bus where the direction is indicated (you should take the one marked "SOTTOMARINA - CHIOGGIA" bus)

by domenicococozza Online Now Jul 22, 2012 at 6:05 AM

Here is the timetable for bus no 80E.
    actv.it/pdf/extraurbano/E-80...
    You will see the stop named Vempa - this is the Mestre bus stop, near the station.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jul 22, 2012 at 6:24 AM

That is a useful bit of information.

Where is the bus stop near the overpass? There were a lot of roadworks in that area when I visited in April, so I didn't really explore.

by domenicococozza Online Now Jul 22, 2012 at 7:52 AM

When you come out of Mestre Station, turn right along Via del Stazione(Ithink that's it's name). Follow this until you see an overpass crossing in front of you.
    Below the underpass is Corso del Popolo. The bus stop is more or less on the corner of the two roads.

• Re: Bus to Chioggia.

by alfred_the_great Online Now Jul 22, 2012 at 7:55 AM

I think that when the bus ticket is purchased from the station then all will become clear to travellers. I am planning to visit Chioggia within the next few months and wanted to learn about the bus journey so this is very useful. The bus from Venice certainly passes through Mestre before going to Chioggia. I think Chioggia is overlooked by tourists.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines