Mestre Travel Answers

change location

Bus maps for Mestre

by rswaringen Online Now Jul 11, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Hello. I have searched the internet far and long and cannot find a bus route map for Mestre. I believe I will be taking line 6 from the Holiday Inn into Venice but do not know for sure or where the bus stop is. I can't imagine that this is secret information and not published.

Does anyone know where the bus routes are published?

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Bus maps for Mestre

by leics Online Now Jul 11, 2011 at 11:17 PM

You will not necessarily find route maps for many (most?) European towns and cities but you can always find out more or less where buses go by looking at their timetables. It's not a matter of information being secret so much as the fact that route maps are not actually required by the vast majority of users (who are, of course, local).

Fortunately ACTV, who run the buses as well as the vaporetti, have little route maps available.

Click on the line timetable and map icons here:

actv.it/muoversiinterraferma...

You may find that other routes will serve just as well as the 6.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • puerto_lover's Profile Photo

by puerto_lover Online Now Jul 12, 2011 at 12:18 AM

Whenever I have this kind of query I ask the hotel or look aty the hotel web site.
    I can see on the web site that they say :
    "The hotel is connected with the airport through public transportation. The bus stop is at walking distance. Please contact the hotel for further information. "

And also on one page they say :

" Choose the peaceful Holiday Inn Venice Mestre-Marghera hotel for easy access to the famous churches, waterways and galleries of romantic Venice. Holiday Inn Venice Mestre-Marghera is just a short ride on our shuttle bus from Piazzale Roma, close to some of Europe's finest squares. "

So for me I want to learn first about the 'shuttle bus' and not necessarily the public transport.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo

by Maurizioago Online Now Jul 12, 2011 at 1:42 AM

Once you are at the train station take the main exit on your right and carry on walking for some 5/7 minutes. You'll see the bus stop on your right.

• Mesven's Profile Photo

by Mesven Online Now Jul 12, 2011 at 5:53 AM

This Holiday Inn is actually in Marghera, an industrial enclave near Mestre. The bus stop is about a ten-minute walk from the hotel. There is a shuttle service to Venice provided by the hotel, but it is not free. You’d be much better off booking a hotel in Mestre for the same price. The bus service is far better and the town of Mestre is actually quite attractive.

magicoveneto.it/Venezia/Mest...

• puerto_lover's Profile Photo

by puerto_lover Online Now Jul 12, 2011 at 7:28 AM

I agree.
    Or maybe getting a hotel in Venice itself ? All kinds of prices and type.

• Mesven's Profile Photo

by Mesven Online Now Jul 12, 2011 at 8:16 AM

I recently stayed at the modern, four-star Ambasciatori Hotel in Mestre for less than100 a night. It's in a great location. There is a bus stop directly across the street that takes you to Venice in ten minutes. The train station is a short walk from the hotel if you're interested in making day-trips to other places in the Veneto, such as Verona, Padua, and Vicenza. Mestre's town square, Piazza Ferretto, with plenty of nice restaurants, is nearby.

http://www.ambasciatori.it/

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines