Mestre Travel Answers

change location

Looking for a good hotel in Mestre!

by micheleflo Online Now Apr 29, 2011 at 4:28 PM

I am looking for a hotel in Mestre as all of Venice is sold out. Trying to find something less than 100e a night since we have 6people, we may need 3 rooms. Does anyone know anythkng about Hotel Villa Dori, Hotel Venezia, or the campging village Alba d'oro? or of any other recomendations close to a bus/train so that we may visit Venice?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • TexasDave's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for a good hotel in Mestre!

by TexasDave Online Now Apr 29, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Check out:

www.casavillagardenia.com

Less than a 5 minute walk from the train station.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Apr 29, 2011 at 11:40 PM

No personal experience of those places but whilst you are waiting for other VT-ers who make have experience I suggest you look at the reviews on www.booking.com and www.venere.com (the latter also uses Tripadvisor reviews). Booking.com only posts reviews from people who have booked through the site and completed their stay, venere partially does the same. Both sites are entirely reliable, with venere listing almost all Italian hotels (and you may find more available accomm options for your dates too).

Here are the Villa Dori reviews:

venere.com/hotels/mestre/hot...

Hotel Venezia:

booking.com/hotel/it/venezia...

venere.com/hotels/mestre/hot...

The campsite is 20 minutes from Mestre (by private shuttle bus) so staying in Mestre itself might be more suitable.

• henry14's Profile Photo

by henry14 Online Now Apr 30, 2011 at 12:20 AM

I can recommend the Hotel Tritone in Mestre which we onced stayed in as a alternative to Venice. Directly opposite the train station so a convenient base for making trips elsewhere, including Venice. Not sure if the current rates match your budget without knowing your travel dates but they do offers for early booking etc.

www.hoteltritonevenice.com/index.html

• Re: Looking for a good hotel in Mestre!

by micheleflo Online Now Apr 30, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Thank you! Yes I found those hotels on those same sites but you know how that is...for every one person who likes it, another has a negative experience. Sometimes it makes it more confusing. It is so helpful to get a response from someone first-hand that knows the area and also other suggestions of places that aren't coming up on those sites.

• Re: Looking for a good hotel in Mestre!

by micheleflo Online Now Apr 30, 2011 at 6:38 PM

thanks for the info...waiting to hear back but love the looks of it!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines