Mestre Travel Answers

change location

mestre to azzano decimo

by patdif Online Now Sep 13, 2008 at 12:56 PM

How can we get from venice to Azzano Decimo. The last part of the jouney may require a taxi or can we take train or maybe a more direct bus. We do not want to rent a car. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: mestre to azzano decimo

by mccalpin Online Now Sep 13, 2008 at 1:54 PM

As you probably know, Azzano Decimo is more or less halfway between Pordenone and Portogruaro, both of which have train stations. In the worst case, you could take a taxi, as most train stations of any size have taxis hanging around - it looks like the trip from Pordenone would be shorter...but it looks like at least 15 kilometers, so would be pricey.

The train website (in English) is www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html .

The local bus line in Pordenone is at http://www.atap.pn.it (I didn't check but it's probably only in Italian). The best schedule for Pordenone to Azzano Decimo can be found at
    atap.pn.it/writable/pdforari...
    (there's another line - 15A and 15R that also makes the run, but with fewer buses). Note that this line runs from Pordenone to Portogruaro and back (back is at atap.pn.it/writable/pdforari... ) with several stops in Azzano Decimo.

Note that Pordenone (Stazione FS) is the train station, and there are several stops in Azzano Decimo. Note that I assume that Portogruaro Cavalcavia FS is the correct train station in Portogruaro (but it's got another name on the map) but that's probably OK because the Autostazione is often the head of the line for the bus, and they're often near the train stations...(2 minutes apart here)...

Note the days of operation: FER = Monday through Saturday, SCOL = school days, LU-VE = Monday through Friday, SAB = only Saturday (when not a holiday), and VACSC = Monday through Saturday in the summer and Monday through Saturday on non school days in the winter (i.e., this bus runs when the SCOL buses before and after it don't).

Do you have any idea where you are going in Azzano Decimo?

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: mestre to azzano decimo

by patdif Online Now Sep 14, 2008 at 7:25 PM

Thanks for your help. I am going to find my grandparents home and my Nonno's grave.

• mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: mestre to azzano decimo

by mccalpin Online Now Sep 14, 2008 at 7:29 PM

OK...I asked because I wasn't sure where you were staying and how you were planning on getting around once you were in Azzano Decimo...I am assuming that you will be hard pressed to find a taxi in Azzano Decimo unless someone calls it for you...the Azzano Decimo city website listed the phone number of the Pordenone taxi company, so there may not be an local taxi...but maybe you've been there and have it sorted out...

Bill

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines