change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Mestna Obcina Ljubljana Travel Answer Locations

• Ljubljana transport

Mestna Obcina Ljubljana Aug 14, 2015 at 3:07 AM

I arrive in Ljubjana airport next week and I have to meet my friend at the bus station to get a bus to Kranjska Gora. Is it easy to find the bus which takes you to the bus station from the airport and how much should I expect to pay for a return to and from KG?

2 Answers Aug 16, 2015 at 1:14 PM
    • Venice to Ljubljana

Ljubljana Jun 18, 2015 at 3:59 AM

What the best way to get from venice to ljubljana by train mainly to keep down extra cost because I've already got a interrail pass. I've seen a few forums on this journey but they're all really old so didn't know if things have changed, train lines changed or updated because most of them say take the bus but my pass doesnt cover that

6 Answers Jun 20, 2015 at 8:28 AM
    • gwn_joelle's Profile Photo

What to visit in Ljubljana?

Ljubljana May 7, 2015 at 2:18 PM

I wanna visit Ljubljana, what should I definitely visit? I will probably stay for 2 or 3 days

7 Answers May 9, 2015 at 4:59 AM
    • samitbabu's Profile Photo

Slovenia Trip From Italy : To Italy

Ljubljana May 1, 2015 at 11:04 PM

We are landing in Venice a Team of 5 Adults and an infant (6 in total) in September 2015

The itinerary is Venice , Ljubliana, Plitvice national pakrk ( croatia) and any one of the coastal towns of Piran / Trieste, Rovinj and then return to Venice. to Venice

Within Slovenia / Croatia, we plan to hire a car. So we need to reach Slovenia from Italy, pick up our car  and also drop the car off somewhere in Slovenia before we travel back to Venice.

Can anyone suggest an Itinerary ?

Constraints : We need at 7 seater probably ( will it be ok if we travel in a 5 seater) and so we need to land in Slovenia at a city which is fairly big and has got good rental options. We plan to fly back from Venice.

Advice needed and appreciated !!!

6 Answers May 3, 2015 at 11:40 AM
    • samitbabu's Profile Photo

How to Split 5 days

Ljubljana Apr 29, 2015 at 8:14 AM

My travel plan has 5 days for these three places.
      Lake Bled
      Kranjska gora
      I wld like to visit the stalactite cave too
      Can anyone suggest me how to split?

6 Answers Apr 30, 2015 at 4:07 AM
    • Linse's Profile Photo

Recommend a good hotel?

Ljubljana Jan 6, 2015 at 10:41 PM

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Ljubljana.............It's important that it's in the middle of everything, so we have shops, sights and restaurants around.
      Also how many days can you use there if you like to also just have a day or so just beeing there, walking around and feeling the atmosphere?

10 Answers Mar 4, 2015 at 6:21 AM
    • halikowski's Profile Photo

museum exhibition about World War I in Slovenia..

Ljubljana Nov 20, 2014 at 9:03 AM

I went to an exhibition in August about the history of a Slovenian captain in Habsburg military service during World War I. It was in a modern museum complex to the east of the city, a bohemian district outside the centre. I wanted to refer it to a friend.. can someone remind me what it was please

5 Answers Nov 20, 2014 at 5:29 PM
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Souveneir suggestions

Ljubljana Sep 6, 2014 at 4:52 AM

Any suggestions for what to but and where in Ljubljana for family back home? Anything from some unique sweets/food items to art piece would work. Not looking for something super expensive.

4 Answers Sep 23, 2014 at 4:50 PM
    • Is it worth visiting arboretum in august?

Ljubljana Aug 21, 2014 at 12:49 PM

We want to go to visit arboretum now in august but wondering if theree are many flowers and decorations now.
      We heard that during this winter all had gone.
      is it worth going?

2 Answers Mar 4, 2015 at 6:21 AM
    • c9110310's Profile Photo

Transport to Venice from Ljubljana

Ljubljana Aug 1, 2014 at 2:05 AM

What is the best way to get to Venice from Ljubljana

21 Answers Jan 30, 2015 at 11:30 AM
    • Cheese in Ljubljana

Ljubljana Jun 13, 2014 at 4:46 AM

Hi, Has anyone visited the Gligora cheese shop in Ljubljana market? If so are any of the cheeses good?

2 Answers Mar 4, 2015 at 6:21 AM
    • Kevin_Miller's Profile Photo

RnB Hip Hop clubs

Ljubljana Nov 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Hey world I'm off to Ljubljana this Friday 22nd November. Can anyone tell me of any rnb or hip hop clubs that are good on a Friday or Saturday?

Thanks in advance

• AllieK's Profile Photo

Day Trips from Ljublijana

Ljubljana Oct 20, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I will be in Ljublijana for a few days in April. Does anyone have any nice day trip suggestions other than Lake Bled?

Thank you :)

6 Answers Mar 4, 2015 at 6:21 AM
    • transportation among trieste and Ljubljana

Ljubljana Oct 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM

How about the taxi service from trieste to Ljubljana?

1 Answer Oct 5, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    • Night train from Budapest to Maribor

Ljubljana Sep 13, 2013 at 7:20 AM

I am looking to travel from Budapest to Slovenia in October 2013 for a couple of days. My initial idea was to take a train from Budapest to Maribor and then travel to Ljubljana and Bled.
      Are there any cheap night trains from Budapest to Maribor?

Any information will be much appreciated!

6 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    • Agun's Profile Photo

Studying While Working in Ljubljana

Ljubljana Sep 10, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I'm from Indonesia.
      I'm gonna have my master in Ljubljana University this October. Is it possible for me to take a part-time job or even a full job? If so, is it difficult to get a work permit as a foreign student?

3 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 1:01 AM
    • maria25's Profile Photo

Car park in Ljubljana

Ljubljana Aug 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Can anyone suggest some central and not expensive car parks in Ljubljana.

We are going to spend a whole day there and need to find a good but not v expensive parking.

2 Answers Sep 4, 2013 at 1:18 AM
    • MrSisterFlute's Profile Photo

Hat shop opposite Star cafe

Ljubljana Jul 29, 2013 at 1:13 PM

We were in Ljubljana a few weeks ago and noticed a brilliant hat shop on the corner of the main square.Can you help with a name or website link? Thanks. Richard

1 Answer Aug 8, 2013 at 6:37 AM
    • halikowski's Profile Photo

Car scrapyards in/near Ljubljana?

Ljubljana Jul 29, 2013 at 5:56 AM

Had a road accident en route to Croatia. Need to buy a new back door for Renault Espace 2.2 DCI before we can continue. Can anyone recommend some scrapyards in/near Ljubljana, and their contact details? THanks, Stefan

• Hotel Accommodation Ljubljana

Ljubljana Jul 18, 2013 at 1:42 AM

We will staying in Ljubljanafor 3 nights in September/October 2013 and looking for recommendations for accommodation. We are wanting a double room close to the train station as we will be arriving and departing by train. It doesn't have to be fancy, just neat and clean - as we intend to be out most of the time - preferably with our own ensuite bathroom. Any advice on hotels and on Ljubljana itself would be most appreciated.

1 Answer Sep 4, 2013 at 1:22 AM
    • need for car

Ljubljana Jun 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM

is it necessary to have a car to visit bohinj area and trivlak?is it a day trip if I plan to use telefarique and hike a bit?
      Is transportation from Lubljana to get there pretty accessible in summer?
      Thank you

3 Answers Jun 30, 2013 at 2:59 AM
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Budapest - Ljubljana

Ljubljana May 25, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Hi all,
      Can someone tell me which is the cheapest mode of transport from Budapest to Ljubljana? I will be travelling in September.
      1. Do I need to book train tickets in advance or is it ok if I book them on the same day?
      2. Can anyone provide me timings of the trains from Budapest – Zagreb?
      3. Approximate idea of how much would a one way ticket cost.
      4. Any other information that may be helpful

Thanks so much for all the help.

3 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM
    • Ljubljana to Rovinj 5th September 2013

Ljubljana Apr 15, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I arrive into Ljubljana at 16:00 5th September 2013 and I am needing to get to Rovinj, Croatia on the same day. Would anyone be able to advise the best way to do this. A lot of the buses seem to leave before 4pm and I cant seem to find a train. if not, does anyone know a good cheap, private taxi/transfer service I could use..and how long do you think it would take/cost?

3 Answers Apr 23, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    • Ljubljana to Rovinj 5th September 2013

Ljubljana Apr 15, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I arrive into Ljubljana at 16:00 5th September 2013 and I am needing to get to Rovinj, Croatia on the same day. Would anyone be able to advise the best way to do this. A lot of the buses seem to leave before 4pm and I cant seem to find a train. if not, does anyone know a good cheap, private taxi/transfer service I could use..and how long do you think it would take/cost?

2 Answers Apr 23, 2013 at 3:29 PM
    • Asian to Slovenia. Any problem?

Ljubljana Feb 16, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I'm Asian. Always interested to visit the beautiful Slovenia. Should I be afraid going to Slovenia since I'm Asian?

10 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 2:01 AM
    • HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

'Early flight from Ljubljana Airport - How to get to the airport?

Ljubljana Aug 22, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Hello Everybody,

We are going to have a really early flight back home from Ljubljana. It departs already at 07:00 a.m. *yaaawwwnnn*.

So what is the best option to get to the airport from the city centre at that time of the morning? Are there any recommendable taxi companies? What is a realistic taxi fare for the trip to teh airport?

Any halp is very much appreciated.

2 Answers Aug 24, 2012 at 8:49 AM
    • going to Ljubljana

Mestna Obcina Ljubljana Mar 24, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I have decided that for some unknown reason Ljubljana is "calling" me. If there is not enough for me to do (I will look into day trips going outside of the city), I will just wander, stop by cafes, visit shops and galleries, etc. What I would like to know now is when to go. I don't like the winter time or cold. Is August or September too hot and crowded? I can pretty much go any time it pleases me.

5 Answers Apr 3, 2012 at 6:56 AM
    • one week stay

Mestna Obcina Ljubljana Mar 23, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I am thinking of visiting Ljubljana and staying for seven nights. Is this too long of a stay? Can you give me suggestions for an itenary? I was going to go to Prague, but my daugter wants us to go there next year. I am an older female and am looking for a walkable city that I can spend some quality time in.

27 Answers Apr 29, 2012 at 9:12 AM
    • Dee22's Profile Photo

Place to live in Ljubljana?

Ljubljana Jan 30, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Hi, I really hope someone can help out on how to find a cheap place to live in Ljubljana as soon as possible. Any tips highly appreciated!

My girlfriend and her friend has just arrived in Ljubljana to study at the university until mid-June this year. They're currently living in some dorms, but would like to find their own place as soon as possible.

It would be perfect with just two seperate rooms and of course a bathroom and a kitchen, but might be bigger as well. Doesn't have to be right beside the university, but still pretty central.

Are there anyone who knows about anything like that, or has some tips as of where to look online or in the city for short term appartments? (4-5 months).

Best regards!

3 Answers Feb 8, 2012 at 12:40 PM
    • Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo

Anybody heard of DRD bus from Venice to Ljubljana ?

Ljubljana Jan 25, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Just read about this company on the Fodor travel forum. Apparently theyrun a direct bus service between Venice and Ljubljana.

Anybody heard of them or used this service ?

6 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 8:01 AM