Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ger4444's Profile Photo

Kasba's in the area of Ouarzazate

Morocco Jun 30, 2015 at 8:30 PM

Hello,
      I wonder, can the Kashba's in the area of Ouarzazate and the valleys be reached by public transportation / taxi? I am thinking of Taourirt, Ait Benhaddou, Tamdaght, Telouet, Skoura, Tinerhr, Goulmima Ksar, Dades valley, Valley of Roses, Draa Valley, Tamegroute. I want to be able to spend time there, just as long as i wish, so not depending on tours and tourist offices.

Thanks in advance

Ger

more

Safety issues

Morocco Jul 4, 2015 at 9:06 AM

Hi,
      I have read the warnings and dangers tips on the Morocco VT travelpage and still, I have some questions for which I cannot find a clear answer.
      - I ve read about the increase of violent robberies, use of knives, in medina’s. Especially tourist who travel alone and walk inside the medina are said to have been victems of this. Even at daytime. Therefore, it’s said that tourists better take a guide to explore the medina, because a guide can protect you from such violent robberies. However, I would prefer to explore the medina without a guide, just on my own. Is this dangerous? The same question applies on travelling in the region of Ouarzazate. Is it dangerous to visit the Kashba’s there on your own, without a guide? Will there be enough tourists who stay at the Kasba’s, so that I am not the only one tourist over there?
      - What sort of clothes to wear on a desert trip in September in Merzouga? Is long light colour trousers and idem long sleeves shirt and a cap a good idea, or will that be too hot?
      - Is there in September a danger in Erg Chebbi as it comes to scorpions and snakes? And if so, what to de when you’ ve bitten?
      -Finally, if it comes to clean accommodation; are mid range (3 stars) hotels clean enough with as it comes cockroaches? Can you buy anti-cockroaches poison in Moroccan towns?

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards,

Ger

more
    • Jtbelly's Profile Photo

Shipping my treasures home

Marrakesh Jun 25, 2015 at 7:45 AM

What's the best way to mail or ship to the U.S. from Marrakech? Fedex? DHL? I'm not planning on buying too much in the Souks but what if I find a tea set I can't live without? Or a bargain on Djellabas? This is not our last stop in our travels so I don't want to cart a full suitcase around with me til I leave for home.

more

Drinking water in the Sahara desert

Morocco Jun 30, 2015 at 8:33 PM

Hello once more, it will be my first time to do a trek in the Sahara. Probably with camels. I wonder, how much water should you drink for one day, considering September temperatures?

more
    • Festival Eid september 2015

Marrakesh Jun 30, 2015 at 10:19 AM

If i visit marrakech 26 sept.2015 for a week will Bars be normal and full of Maroc people

more
    • Jtbelly's Profile Photo

Visiting during Ramadan

Marrakesh Jun 20, 2015 at 12:07 AM

I just realized that we will be in Marrakech for a few days through Weds. July 15th during Ramadan. Being a non-muslim, what should I expect and what can I do to show repect during this holy time?

more

Desert temperature september

Morocco Jun 12, 2015 at 11:26 AM

Hello,
      Could you tell me what temperature to expect in september - daytime and nighttime - in the desert?

Thanks in advance!

more

Initiairy question

Morocco Jun 30, 2015 at 8:25 PM

Hello, i will be travelling in Morocco from September 1th until October 4th, 33 days. I wonder if my initiairy is realistic. I don’t have any idea for instance how much time it takes to travel between locations, and how many days it takes to see places.(I will only be using public transportation and taxi.) Can it be done within 33 days?
      My initiary (the order is random)

Marrakech (2 days)

Cassablanca ( 1 ½ day)

Tanger ( 2 days)

Fez (2 days)

Rabat (1 ½ day)

Meknes ( 1 day)

Chefchaouene ( 1 1/2 day)

Merzouga (2 day desert trip Erg Chebbi desert, the dune)

Ouarzazate surroundings (Taourirt, Ait Benhaddou, Tamdaght, Telouet, Skoura, Tinerhr, Goulmima Ksar, Dades valley, Valley of Roses, Draa Valley, Tamegroute D) (7 days)

Toubkal national park, Imlil (2 days)

Thank you in advance,

Ger

more
    • Marrakech terror alert/safety july 2015

Marrakesh Yesterday

I'm considering cancelling my trip to Marrakech, Morocco (I leave tomorrow) due to the recent terrorist attack in tusnia and the recent terror alert in the country. Any advice on this? Does anyone think its safe to go now or should I cancel my trip completely?

more