Merzouga Travel Answers

change location

from Merzouga to Casablanca?

by ivette88 Online Now Aug 11, 2009 at 6:10 PM

I need to know what is the best way to go from Merzouga(desert) to Casablanca? any airport close by? car?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • TheLongTone's Profile Photo

Re: from Merzouga to Casablanca?

by TheLongTone Online Now Aug 13, 2009 at 12:19 AM

This is a long journey, and will be neither simple nor quick.....

A minibus from the dunes to Rissani & then a grande taxi to Erfoud, which is where buses or long-didtance grande taxis will depart from. This much is a given.
    From Erfoud I'd get a bus to Fes or Meknes (better)...around seven hours) and then get another bus or preferably a train to Casa... another four hours or so.

You could go via Ouarzezate and Marrakesh, but I think it would take a bit longer.

I think the nearest airport to Erfoud is in Er Rachidia, but although Royal Air Maroc list it as a destination they don't seem to actually run anything scheduled there. So not really an option unless you are really chucking money around. In which case you could have helicoptered direct from the dunes & change to a fixed- wing here.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • angiebabe's Profile Photo

by angiebabe Online Now Aug 15, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Otherwise yes to go to Ouarzazate and catch a flight from there - esp if you are catching a flight from Casa anyway - otherwise yes I agree with theLongTone - but you can get grande taxis all the way up to Fes/Meknes which can be a lot faster than buses. (pay for 2 seats - particularly the 2 front seats. ) then you could jump in another grande taxi or jump on the train.
    if you can get a car or share a car then go by car on up to Meknes to the fast road to Casa. or haggle with a grande taxi driver to hire his taxi - especially again if you can get othes to share it with you.

• cabeyp's Profile Photo

by cabeyp Online Now Aug 16, 2009 at 5:45 AM

Catch a bus to Fes and then take the train. I would recommend you plan an overnight stay to give yourself a bit of a rest.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines