Merzouga

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Where to buy 100% argan oil Casablanca

Morocco Dec 10, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Need the real deal for body (none of the adulterated stuff). Where is the best place to get it in Casablanca?

more
    • Syvde's Profile Photo

How much luggage can you take on a train?

Casablanca 2 hours ago

My wife and I are planning a train trip from Casablanca to Rabat. We will travel first class, in order to have reserved seats. We will have one medium-sized suitcase each, but too big for an overhead rack. Are there spaces in the cars for luggage, or do we have to look into checking the luggage for this short journey?

more
    • trips to Marrakech

Agadir Yesterday

are there any trips to Marrakech from Agadir? and how much does it cost?

more
    • 2 days/One night trip from Marrakech to Zagora

Morocco Dec 7, 2014 at 5:47 PM

My boyfriend and I will be spending 4 days in Marrakesh in December third week and are hoping to do a 2 day / 1 night trip down to Ouarzazate and Zagora in order to see some of the things around Ouarzazate and to do a camel trip and spend the night in the desert near Zagora.

Is it worth it to do this trip or should we just spend the time in Marrakesh? Is the desert worth seeing in Zagora?

I am looking at the tour companies online which include travel, guided tour and a night in the tents.Does anyone have any recommendations of tour companies that we can do this with? How much should we expect to pay for this sort of tour?

Are there likely to be any problems with these roads over the winter?

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

This is the itinerary that they are proposing-
      Day 1:
      This tour includes pick up from your Hotel in Marrakech.
      The tour Departs from Marrakech at around 07:00hrs in a modern, air conditioned vehicle.
      Travelling over the Atlas mountains to reach our first site, Kasbah Ait Benhaddou, where you can freely explore the Kasbah. Note that there is not an entrance fee to enter the Kasbah and you are not obliged to hire a guide.
      Following along the route, we then arrive at Ouarzazate, the gateway to the desert, and the Moroccan city known for Hollywood movies being located and filmed here.
      There are 2 opportune times to visit Ouarzazate on this tour. The tour allows for time for a visit of Ouarzazate on either day 1 or day 2, depending upon the schedule. It is possible to visit the Atlas film studios during the tour, subject to time. The small cost of about 3.00 euros entrance to the studios is not included in the cost of the tour. Entry to the Studios is voluntary.
      Following your Ouarzazate visit, we continue along the route, experiencing the Draa Valley, en route to Zagora.
      Once we arrive at Zagora, we have time to explore, until just prior to sunset.
      At the beginning of Sunset, we will join our camels and head off into the desert for a 2 hour Camel trek to reach our Berber desert camp for the night.
      The camp provides private Berber bivouacs, evening meal and Breakfast.
      Full bedding is included at the camp. Everyone has a tent to sleep in, but if you wish, you can sleep out under the stars to enjoy this amazing free lightshow, with the stars being so bright in the Desert.

Day 2:
      After a traditional Berber breakfast we have a two hour camel ride at sunrise to explore the area further.
      We then start our return journey to Marrakech, stopping off at some highlights on the way.
      Our journey takes us over the high Atlas Mountains for the enjoyment of magnificent views of the surrounding country and to see the local communities who live in these mountains.
      We return to Marrakech, arriving at around 17:00hrs or 18:00hrs.

more
    • exchanging money

Agadir Yesterday

where is the best place to exchange money and what is the exchange rate for the british pound?

more
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

Need to prebook excursions?

Marrakesh Dec 2, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Hoping to visit marrakesh mid march of 2015 and was wondering if day trips (tuesday berber market and ait benhaddou) need to be prearranged or can i just arrange while there? we would be arriving in the evening on a sunday. we would hope to do the tuesday berber tour and go to ait benhaddou on wednesday. I have been looking at the tours offered online, but mainly just to get an estimate of how much i will be spending. thanks.

more
    • sossa1949's Profile Photo

Road conditions after November floods - can anyone give an update, please?

Morocco Dec 21, 2014 at 3:23 AM

I was in Morocco in November, during the recent devestating floods, and am aware that some bridges and roads collapsed especially in the South.

I am visiting again in February and am wondering how easy it will be to travel around from Agadir (eg. Sidi Ifni, Mirleft,Tafraoute, Essaouira)

I have been unable to find any updates at all on the internet so if anyone has any useful links, I would be grateful!!!

Thank you for your help

more
    • is it safe

Marrakesh Dec 10, 2014 at 1:46 PM

is it safe, are muggings common

more
    • Elisse23's Profile Photo

about safety

Fes Nov 30, 2014 at 2:18 AM

Is it safe for wemens to visit Marocco? especially Fes and Casablanca

more
    • is the harrassment bad

Marrakesh Dec 10, 2014 at 1:45 PM

is the constant harrassment spoil things

more
    • sheherezad's Profile Photo

Best time of year to visit?

Morocco Dec 1, 2014 at 2:07 AM

Hi! Appreciate your advice as to the best time of the year to visit Morocco for a vacation, weather-wise?! Thanking you in advance for your replies.

more
    • Difference between booking with booking.com and Hotel?

by Mijes Online Now Nov 23, 2014 at 3:59 AM

Im about to book Riad Saturday Night and I saw that the same riad, in the same period booked via booking.com is much cheaper than doing the same thing directly with the hotel...Why is that?Is there something i dont know that may be a bad surprise for me later or should I really do it with booking?

Thank you!!

12 Answers Dec 23, 2014 at 1:36 AM
    • A_liba's Profile Photo

Merzouga-Marrakech? by 2 guys from Italy

by A_liba Online Now Jul 13, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Hi! we are two italian guys and this summer we'll be in morocco on a trip. We'd like to go for a trip in the desert, and we'll do it in Merzouga. The we have to go from Merzouga to Marrakech, can you tell me what's the best way to do this (grand taxi, bus..)? Do you think we should stop in any place on the way? How long does it take for this route? is it possible to leave Merzouga in the morning and get to Marrakech in the evening?
      Thanks a lot

10 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 2:49 AM
    • Back Pain Treatment

by Expat58 Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I was told that in the town of El Rachidia, they will treat people with bad back pain, by burying them in the sand. Has anyone else heard of this?

9 Answers Nov 15, 2014 at 1:24 AM
    • Merzouga in January? Booking required in advance?

by overbayy Online Now Oct 10, 2010 at 7:44 AM

Hi

I am interested in going to Merzouga in January. Is this time of year too cold to do the overnight camel trekking?

Also, is it recommended to have a camel trekking booked ahead of time? What about a hotel? Can we just arrive and find a hotel/camel trekking?

The reason I ask is that it is uncertain when exactly we will be arriving. I don't want to book a hotel when I don't arrive until the next day.

Thanks!
      Ryan

11 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    • Beatnink's Profile Photo

Is September too hot for the desert?

by Beatnink Online Now Jul 29, 2010 at 3:37 AM

We are planning to be in Merzouga around the 15th of September. Is that not too hot a time to venture into the desert on a camel trip? Thanks, Ron. Wellington, New Zealand

2 Answers Aug 11, 2010 at 8:24 AM
    • In a campervan to Merzouga

by marjolijnc Online Now Aug 28, 2009 at 4:20 PM

I am planning to go to Erfoud, Morocco and want to go to Merzouga in my campervan. Does anyone know what the roads are like and is it possible to camp free there? Is there a good roadmap somewhere? I camped many times in the stone desert about 5 km. south of Erfoud and that is wonderfull. If you drive a km. from the tarmic road in the desert you can camp there without being bothered.
      Thanks, Marjolijn
      (I don't go alone, I bring my husband and dog!)

6 Answers Sep 14, 2009 at 11:31 AM
    • Merzouga trip -goulmima - erfoud road

by beranie Online Now Jan 20, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Please can anyone tell me whether the road that cuts across from near Goulmima to Erfoud is ok for use by a small hire car? or does one have to travel via El Rachidia? Thanks.

3 Answers Jan 20, 2009 at 3:11 PM
    • Camping/hotel parking for camper with swimming pool

by pegaso622 Online Now Dec 11, 2008 at 11:26 PM

Good morning,
      I am looking for a Hotel-parking or camping with swimming pool for a group of 3-4 camper and relative price.

Thank you,
      Aluffi Franco

1 Answer Jun 5, 2014 at 5:49 AM
    • moscit's Profile Photo

Dangers of the Desert

by moscit Online Now Aug 28, 2008 at 12:10 PM

Hi,

We are current ly planning our first trip to Morocco and of course we will be going to Merzouga and the sand dunes. We are thinking of doing an organized overnight excursion in the desert in a berber tent and wanted to know if there are any dangers we should be aware of while in the desert, for example how likely will it be to encounter scorpions and where should we be most carefull of them? What about other insects, animals etc.

Any information you can provide would be great. Thanks.

• Need advice on cameltrekking with Omar or another company

by JSimp7 Online Now Nov 15, 2007 at 11:16 AM

I've read several entries about using Omar with Camel Trekking for a desert tour. Can anyone tell me if they paid a deposit via Western Union? It seems odd to me to handle it this way so I want to make sure that's legit. Also, any other suggestions on visitng the dunes from Marrakech (just a 3 day, 2 night trip) is much appreciated!

Am i going to freeze my buns off in December?

4 Answers Dec 15, 2007 at 7:39 AM
    • hazzhana's Profile Photo

Marrakech to Erg Chebbi tour

by hazzhana Online Now Mar 15, 2007 at 9:32 AM

i'm looking for 3days 2nights tour fm Marrakech (by 4WD)to Erg Chebbi , with stops at Ait Benhaddou, valley of Roses,Todra Gorg and camel trek in Erg Chebbi..any recommendations?

2 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 6:49 PM
    • soultravelers3's Profile Photo

HELP! Looking for BTDT exp. with "Les Nomads" Allesandra & Hmad ( Brazil & nomad)

by soultravelers3 Online Now Feb 18, 2007 at 1:59 PM

I am new here and have looked every where for BTDT info on these people.
      nomadsaharabivouacmerzouga.c...
      She is from Brazil and he is from Morocco and they seem great...altho the prices are high compared to others.

I love thier website and they are terrific via email response.What I have read about them has been good, but I can not find anyone with experience with them which is very important to me.

We are a family with a 6yo traveling around the world and want a very special & safe experience in the desert, NOT an assembly line hardcore rough trip like I have read about in so many trip reports. ( We are planning on doing two nights with them, one with a special Berber family overnight).

( Plenty of people like the standard cheaper type, but we are only going to do this once and I want to do it well and feel confident with a young child and I would like more than going to the bathroom behind a bush with a bunch of people. I am in my 50's so past those days ).

Has ANY one had experience with these people ( standard, luxury,private? ) and can give me accurate and nuetral feedback about their expience?

I would really ,really appreciate it!! We are going in April and I do not want to book without more info. ( I know I can book things at the desert,but I want something special and want it in place before going as I am planning 7 months of travel right now).

If you don't know ,do you have ANY idea where I can get this info??

Thanks in advance!

5 Answers May 10, 2007 at 1:09 PM
    • questions re: camping in erg chebbi

by dbarcilon Online Now Feb 16, 2007 at 5:01 AM

Thank you for your posting. The details help me plan my trip to Merzouga.
      I'll be going in September and wondered how much to expect for a camel ride to and from Merzouga to the erg chebbi desert and a night spent in there.
      What are my accomodation options? How much do each cost roughly? And does staying in a tent require I bring my own sleeping bag?
      Any advice you could give would be great.

Thanks again.

• Trip to the desert.. Please help

by TravellingJunkee Online Now Dec 30, 2006 at 12:33 AM

Someone stated on this website: I took a 2 day trek into the Sahara, the guy who went with me hooked us up with some local food that some Berber tribe we met out there cooked. It was Tagine which is a slightly sweet stew served with bread. There were my two other backpacker friends, the guide, and five of the Berbers eating in a big circle. We each got a round of bread and used our fingers to eat from the communal dish of tagine. It was great.

This is a great tip. Could someone help me with how i would go about doing this? I wanted to stay two days in the desert but in established tents or with teh Berbers. Please provide some contacts or details. I plan to stay with Kasbah Mohayut. Can i ask them to arrange it?

Also, would you bother staying in Merzouga at all or shoudl you venture out right away into the desert.
      Also, how far is Tineghir from Merzouga? Thanks!

Thanks mate. Looking forward to hearing from you!

2 Answers Dec 30, 2006 at 5:04 PM
    • Camel trekking company

by flyzalot Online Now Dec 16, 2006 at 7:36 AM

Also...does anyone have personal experience with Cameltrekking.com
      It looks and sounds great but would love a reference from someone with a personal experience!!

Thanks

1 Answer Jan 9, 2007 at 4:49 PM
    • Camel Trekking

by flyzalot Online Now Dec 16, 2006 at 7:34 AM

I have emailed a cameltrekking company and have been given information about a trek along with looked on their website about itineraries and prices. As everything seems to say to Bargain should I do so with this as well? The cost does not seem unreasonable but I am basing that on Western standards.

Thanks in advance for your input....

1 Answer Dec 19, 2006 at 5:53 PM
    • Aschafer's Profile Photo

Marrakesh to Merzouga

by Aschafer Online Now Aug 20, 2006 at 3:21 PM

Hi,
      I plan to take the trip from Merzouga into the desert to spend 1 night. Omar from cameltreking.com told me to contact him 1 day before I arrive in Merzouga. I am actually staying in Marrakesh. Is there easy transportation from Marrakesh to Merzouga? Buses or trains? I am not renting a 4x4, so if you could let me know how to arrive in Merzouga from Marrakesh I would appreciate it.
      Thanks!

1 Answer Sep 2, 2006 at 8:32 AM
    • HOTEL & BIVOUAC IN MERZOUGA

by davidjemes Online Now Mar 13, 2005 at 8:11 AM

HI ALL
      Hopping to travel to merzouga south est of morocco, for some camel trekking,and i want to stay for a relax a couple of days in a hotel called ksar bicha, i have been in it , it's a very nice hotel.
      does anyone have website for ksar bicha , fax or phone ?
      THNKS A LOT.

2 Answers Jul 29, 2006 at 11:45 AM
    • HOTEL & BIVOUAC IN MERZOUGA

by davidjemes Online Now Mar 13, 2005 at 7:58 AM

HI ALL
      Hopping to travel to merzouga south est of morocco, for some camel trekking,and i want to stay for a relax a couple of days in a hotel called ksar bicha, i have been in it , it's a very nice hotel.
      does anyone have website for ksar bicha , fax or phone ?
      THNKS A LOT.

2 Answers Dec 14, 2005 at 1:43 PM
    • LukasLT's Profile Photo

Merzouga by own car

by LukasLT Online Now Sep 9, 2004 at 1:24 AM

Hi, Me and my wife are going to travel to Morocco by our own car from Lithuania. Our car is 4WD Suzuki Grand Vitara. Can we reach Merzouga by our selves ant then go to desert on camels. Is it good road to Merzouga from Erfoud ? Tahnks.

2 Answers Dec 27, 2005 at 1:18 PM
    • The desert in August

by GigiWilliams Online Now Jul 18, 2004 at 10:11 AM

Are we crazy to go down to the desert in early August? Is there some way we can time our visit to avoid the heat. Maybe drive down in an air conditioned vehicle and get there in the evening, take a ride on a camel, sleep overnight in a tent, wake up to see the sunrise then zip out of there in an airconditioned vehicle? Is the heat tolerable in the early evening? I don't want to miss the desert and we probably won't be back any time soon. But I also don't want to die of heat stroke. Anyone know of ways to keep cool? Please give me some ideas! Thanks, Gigi

2 Answers Jul 24, 2004 at 6:55 AM
    • akikoline's Profile Photo

you might want a help reaching to merzouga?

by akikoline Online Now Jun 24, 2004 at 2:48 PM

hi. it wos a long way to reach merzouga but finaly wos a wonderful place;the dunes wos very amasing;the beautiful nights with a milions of stars made a magic town.people are so kind and warm welcoming.don't miss visiting that place. my help is:to reach merzouga you will be in need to cross rissani;rissani is the closest city to merzouga where are too much foux guides;don't just believe anybody.might have your guide book shows hotels to stay there;call one of them they will be able to bring u from rissani.those foux guides will tell you that they have a hotel or a familly over there;they give lies.and i'm just thinking as i had read throuth one of guide books that hotels orgonise treks by camels but so expensive and anyway an overnight by camels will cost around 30 dollars included dinner and breakfast.i didn't test any of those hotels but u can be in contact with amar;a special nice guy for trekking;everything wos wonderful with him;you can join him by his e_mail:omar@whitecamel.com. or his cell number:0021268652285. had a great web site about camel treks and tours and a very helpful person.you will be warmly received by his brothers in their familly auberge. the possible thing to do over there if u have more time is to take around all the dunes by landrovers.nomads will offer u a menth thé;wos an unforgetable trip. pm everybody;might help you once i have time. enjoy the time.

1 Answer Sep 2, 2006 at 8:35 AM
    • Traveling from Fes to Merzouga

by mountain81 Online Now Mar 25, 2004 at 5:16 AM

I would like to stay a couple nights in Merzouga and am traveling through Morocco as follows: Casablanca - Marakecch - Essaouirra - Fes. What is the best (and most inexpensive!) way to get to Merzouga from Fes? Or, do you suggest I leave to Merzouga from another sight? I probably will not be able to spend on a driver, so bus/train suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

• excursions in merzouga

by ashis2 Online Now Oct 19, 2003 at 6:12 PM

Hi I was just looking at your comments and want to visit Merzouga soon. Is there 2 days excursions in the desert ? I think you did, was it worh it ? Would love to pass 2 night sleeping in the desert. Please tell me about it. Thanks

6 Answers Jun 24, 2004 at 3:14 PM
    • hi!

by masomaso Online Now Jan 19, 2003 at 5:43 PM

Hi! I'm 27 years old Japanese woman who planing to travel Morocco from 22nd Jan to 2nd Feb. I supposed to traveling with my friend, but suddenly she have to go to her grandfather's funeral, and I must travel alone! I am worried about this situation ! Is anyone planing to travel Morroco same time, and don't mind if I travel with you, please email me... I will arrive casablanca midnight 22 Jan ,then I'm planning to move to Merzouga?¨Tinethir?¨Ouarzazate?¨Marrakech. (of course I'm not expect all the way .)

2 Answers Dec 27, 2003 at 8:55 AM