Merzouga Travel Answers

change location

Need advice on cameltrekking with Omar or another company

by JSimp7 Online Now Nov 15, 2007 at 11:16 AM

I've read several entries about using Omar with Camel Trekking for a desert tour. Can anyone tell me if they paid a deposit via Western Union? It seems odd to me to handle it this way so I want to make sure that's legit. Also, any other suggestions on visitng the dunes from Marrakech (just a 3 day, 2 night trip) is much appreciated!

Am i going to freeze my buns off in December?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • TheLongTone's Profile Photo

Re: Need advice on cameltrekking with Omar or another company

by TheLongTone Online Now Nov 15, 2007 at 2:58 PM

You need to pack your buns well at night if you want to keep 'em

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Need advice on cameltrekking with Omar or another company

by michel.nagore Online Now Nov 17, 2007 at 10:40 AM

if you want to paid a deposit is better by transfer to bank account .if you use Western Union you have to pay .
    you can go to the desert for more then 03 days , there are many thinks to see .
    i have been to morroco in March 2007 , i was rent car 4x4 Land cruiser for 01 week with the driver ali,
    Marrakech - Tinghir
    Tinghir - Merzouga ( night under tent berbere in the the middel of the desert/ by camel )
    Merzouga ( night with nomade people/ by camel)
    Merzouga ( night in hotel )
    Merzouga - Ouarzazate
    Ouarzazate - Marrakech
    Marrakech ( sightseeing )

here is the email of ali : jankaanna@gmail.com

• Re: Need advice on cameltrekking with Omar or another company

by Donana Online Now Nov 25, 2007 at 9:56 AM

It is legit. Make sure you spell the name correctly. My group was a friendly bunch of people of various nationalities and we had a great time.

• soultravelers3's Profile Photo

Re: Need advice on cameltrekking with Omar or another company

by soultravelers3 Online Now Dec 15, 2007 at 7:39 AM

I have heard of him and the people seemed satisfied for the most part, but the trip reports sounded pretty hairy ( and sometimes frightening) to me, so I decided to go with a more personal approach. We did NOT pay ahead of time, so I would worry about that too.

We used Alessandra and Hmad at

nomadsaharabivouacmerzouga.c...

And we were extremely happy & could not imagine a better experience. They are the best for a personal and unique stay & we felt extremely well cared for & did not want a touristy large caravan junket experience that so many get, but to really experience the Sahara. Here are a few links with pics about our experience:

soultravelers3.com/blog/76AE...

soultravelers3.com/blog/BEAF...

soultravelers3.com/blog/3BC3...

soultravelers3.com/blog/A1F5...

soultravelers3.com/blog/4C3E...

I am coming late to this, so perhaps you have already left, but if so maybe someone else might benefit.
    Yes I hear it is very cold in December ( and the roads there can be icy & foggy) so do dress very warmly. It was cold at night even in late April ( but hot during the day).

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines