Merzouga Travel Answers

change location
Aschafer's Profile Photo

Marrakesh to Merzouga

by Aschafer Online Now Aug 20, 2006 at 3:21 PM

Hi,
I plan to take the trip from Merzouga into the desert to spend 1 night. Omar from cameltreking.com told me to contact him 1 day before I arrive in Merzouga. I am actually staying in Marrakesh. Is there easy transportation from Marrakesh to Merzouga? Buses or trains? I am not renting a 4x4, so if you could let me know how to arrive in Merzouga from Marrakesh I would appreciate it.
Thanks!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • carpathia's Profile Photo

RE: Marrakesh to Merzouga

by carpathia Online Now Sep 2, 2006 at 8:32 AM

Hi There, The best way to get to Merzouga if you're on your own is to take the CTM bus to Ouarzazate or Er Rachidia and then take another bus to Erfoud/Rissani or Merzouga. If you're with a group of people then take the Grand Taxi, from Marrakech to Ouarzazazte, then change for another to Er Rachidia or Tenehir and then on to Rissani.
    We travelled into the desert with Omar in May and he picked us up from Tenehir since he was driving through that way. It was stress free since this way, we avoided getting pestered upon arrival at Merzouga.
    My advice is to call Omar, a week or so before the day you plan on going to the desert and by then he should know where he will do his best to help you out. Why don’t you take the 3 day tour from Marrakech to the desert? All info is on www.cameltrekking.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines