Mersing Travel Answers

change location

Need to know about Mersing stay

by be2sp1 Online Now Mar 18, 2008 at 6:01 PM

Hi,

i am willing to travel to Tioman and would like to stay in Mersing for a night. Need to know what is the bus frequency from JB to Mersing in night around 8 or 9 PM (as i am coming from Singapore and will be reaching JB around 8:00 pm). The plan is to catch the first ferry at 8:30 am from Mersing to Tioman. Also, what is the frequency of ferry's between Mersing and Tioman. i did some research on internet and it appears that the ferry's are not very often (want to know the ease of catching a ferry). The same is required for ferry's from Tioman to Mersing

thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • imran8852's Profile Photo

Re: Need to know about Mersing stay

by imran8852 Online Now Mar 18, 2008 at 8:10 PM

Hi there,
    As far as we know, there's no bus direct bus to Mersing during that hour. You can take a bus to Kota Tinggi & than a taxi to Mersing but the price can be quite costly. We don't really know where you are from...are you S'porean? Now the traffic is very very heavy at the causeway so we're not too sure that you can reach JB very fast. If you're not local, it's better for you to stay overnight in JB than spend the money on the cab. You can check out our travel page about Mersing if you like & maybe you can get some other info. Just our 2cents

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • jubistuta79's Profile Photo

Re: Need to know about Mersing stay

by jubistuta79 Online Now Mar 18, 2008 at 11:14 PM

Freind, you have to check it out in Larkin station once you arrived from Spore. The last bus operation in Larkin at midnight and there are several express bus from Larkin to Mersing. If you plan to take taxi, better take it from JB instead of Kota Tinggi, because you will lost a lot of time. If you arrived from Spore (red bus) for sure you reached Larkin station.
    There are few ferry services travelling from MErsing to Tioman, differences time. It's not a big deal to catch any ferry from here. Same when you return from Tioman. ANyway, which part of Tioman????

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines