Mersing Travel Answers

change location

Driving from Singapore to mersing - need advice.

by jamesgwilliams Online Now Feb 3, 2006 at 1:05 AM

Need ur opinion. Is it safe to drive (me and my girlfriend) from Singapore to Mersing at around 6pm on a weekday. Approximately I should be reaching Mersing at around 9pm. I will check in a hotel that night and then proceed to Tioman the next morning. Is the long term car park in Mersing jetty is safe? Roughly I know the route from Singapore to Mersing.

I have driven once to Malaka before during day time. Recently I see many bad reports happening to Singapore car/drivers in Johor usually to expensive cars. Though I drive a cheap car, iam a bit concern driving with my girlfriend at late evening. Appreciate any feedback.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • RE: Driving from Singapore to mersing - need advice.

by Hurley1852 Online Now Feb 3, 2006 at 2:41 AM

well... driven that road before during the day time, seems like its gonna look a bit freaky at night. i dunno bout the carpark though but my only advise is to think twice before assisting anyone with a broken down vehicle or anything for that matter. i was told thats one of the ways they hunt for victims. this may sound selfish but think about ur own safety first... on the other hand it might also be a ghost..

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • chiabh's Profile Photo

RE: Driving from Singapore to mersing - need advice.

by chiabh Online Now Feb 3, 2006 at 3:52 AM

hi james...

the road from jbaru to kota tinggi is always jam packed even at night... and from kota tinggi to mersing is not in the best of condition... i have driven throughout malaysia and now i avoid driving long distance at night for reasons of safety... with so many crazy drivers on the road esp drivers of heavy vehicles..

regards.chia

• RE: Driving from Singapore to mersing - need advice.

by jamesgwilliams Online Now Feb 3, 2006 at 7:49 AM

Thk u for ur advice. It sounds dangerous. I think i would brtter leave Singapore early in the morning to Mersing and thence to Tioman. Can anybody tell me the trafic condition on the causeway on weekday early mornings (around 6.30am) towards Johor? Thks again.

• RE: RE: Driving from Singapore to mersing - need advice.

by Hurley1852 Online Now Feb 10, 2006 at 1:28 AM

thats a bit hard to predict. however i believe traffic is a breeze on a weekday morning.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines