Mersing Travel Answers

change location

Changi Airport (singapore) to Mersing/Tioman (Malaysia)

by jamesgwilliams Online Now Jan 26, 2006 at 1:00 AM

I and my girlfriend intend to go to Tioman for 2 nights 17th and 18th Feb 2006. Iam a Singaporean and she is a foreigner. Her flight lands in Singapore on 16 Feb at 5pm. First I thought of taking a bus to Mersing on 17th Feb from Five Star Tours which leaves at 6am. But I was told that due to monsoon season, they don’t ply this route until March. Now iam planning to go to Mersing direct from Changi Airport on the 16th Feb . .. stay in Mersing 1 night . . .and then catch the first ferry to Tioman on 17th morning. ….so that I have a full day in Tioman on 17th feb

1. Can anybody advice me how to go to Mersing from Changi Airport at around 5pm on the 16th Feb? I have already checked and there isn’t any direct bus. Iam not in favour of taking public bus from Singapore to Johore and then to Mersing as we may have luggage and furthermore my girlfriend may have language problem at immigration if she is required to follow special queue for foreigners. How about taxi options? Is it easy to get Malaysian taxi at that hour from Rochor Road? And where exactly in Rochor Road? Is it behind the Lady of Lourdes Church? How much will it cost?

2. Also can somebody recommend a reasonably priced hotel in Mersing, near the jetty for 1 night stay on 16th?

Thk u everybody.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • xuessium's Profile Photo

RE: Changi Airport (singapore) to Mersing/Tioman (Malaysia)

by xuessium Online Now Jan 26, 2006 at 5:37 AM

HI! James:

Just a quick reply to say that the Malaysian Taxi Terminal is indeed behind the Lady of Lourdes Church. I presume you know where the church is.

Good luck!

BTW, just to inform you in case you do not know, you can fly to Tioman via Berjaya Air from Seletar Airport: http://www.berjaya-air.com/. It flys to Berjaya Tioman Resort.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • batgirl1001's Profile Photo

by batgirl1001 Online Now Jan 26, 2006 at 4:33 PM

I concur. If you are planning to go to Tioman during the off-season, it is best to fly and avoid the choppy waters. In the monsoon season, there are also many boats that do not dare to go to Tioman.So it may be hours of waiting until you find a large passenger ferry that is willing to go.

In the off season, Berjaya usually has a fly-hotel package which is attractive. Check out their Berjaya website for special promotions.

• bckl2255's Profile Photo

by bckl2255 Online Now Jan 26, 2006 at 6:41 PM

Hotels in Mersing, try:-
    1) Timotel Hotel : 07-799 5888 (abt RM110 per room per night) - abt 20 minutes walk to jetty, 3 minutes by car.

• RE: RE: Changi Airport (singapore) to Mersing/Tioman (Malaysia)

by jamesgwilliams Online Now Jan 26, 2006 at 11:05 PM

Thk u everybody.

I don't want to fly into Tioman.

I have decided to go to JB and stay there on 16th Feb night. On 17th Feb early morning i will leave JB and head to Mersing and then to Tioman.

Can someone suggest a reasonably priced hotel (about 100 Ringit) in JB and tell me how can i go to Mersing from there? Thk you.

• RE: RE: Changi Airport (singapore) to Mersing/Tioman (Malaysia)

by jamesgwilliams Online Now Jan 27, 2006 at 12:06 AM

I just read that Kai Hoe Coaches leaves singapore (from Newton Circus Carpark) every morning at 6.30 am to Mersing. Kai Hoe is a Malaysian company (tel: 07-2418208)and booking has to be made over the telephone. I tried to call the company to ask if they ply this route on 17 Fen 06. The guy on the other end speaks malay/chinese and iam unable to get the info i wanted. Can anybody confirm that Kai Hoe Coaches run singapore-mersing route on 17 Feb at 6.30am departure? If there is this service, it will be the best option for me. Thk u.

• RE: Changi Airport (singapore) to Mersing/Tioman (Malaysia)

by chikaope Online Now Aug 22, 2006 at 6:53 PM

Sorry. It is not the information you are looking for.

Actually I am interested in the information of Five Star Tours(e-address, phone numbers, post-address). I found, in the last visit to Paya Beach Resort, that the Agency called Five Star Tours is offering a good deal for the resort located in the back of Beach Resort. Accomodation (Resort) is called Tioman Paya Resort.

If you still keep the info on Five Star Tours appreciate it if you could send me contact information.

Thank you.

PS
    If you are still interested in going to Tioman (Paya) the resort in the back Tioman Paya is very reasonable (Fare includes Dinners, Breakfasts, and two days outings: l-jackets, mask, etc.)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines