Mérida Travel Answers

change location

Car Rental

by smik13 Online Now Jan 9, 2013 at 9:33 PM

We are spending 2 weeks in Progresso just north of Merida. Has anyone rented a car through rentalcar.com? Or have you rented a car on arrival at the airport? We have always booked a car over the internet but are concerned about the 3rd party liablility which now has to be purchased from a mexican company? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • gwened's Profile Photo

Re: Car Rental

by gwened Online Now Jan 10, 2013 at 8:20 AM

when I go every couple of years or so, have family. So no experience with car rentals
    but you can inquire one of the well known
    www.autoeurope.com
    www.kemwel.com

hope it helps

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

by ViajesdelMundo Online Now Jan 10, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I don't fully understand your concern about purchasing insurance thru a locala, i.e., Mexican comapany?? who else would provide the insurance?

it is the norm in Mexico

I am picking up a car in another part of the country in 2 days and used American Airlines website to make the res and hv paid the ins via the company which HERTZ included in the res......a confirmation was immediately received by my email account provided and I printed out the reqd info......

• bahiana77's Profile Photo

by bahiana77 Online Now Jan 10, 2013 at 8:45 AM

We had a recent excellent experience with EasyWay, reliable car, very pleasant staff. I would highly recommend them. Reserved online. IIRC we paid U$230/week, with U$126 of that for full insurance options. They have a Merida office.

• Re: Car Rental

by smik13 Online Now Jan 10, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Thanks for the info we are looking into it right now.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines