Mérida Travel Answers

change location

Cancun Bus Stop & Travel in the Yucatan

by Ladyplus Online Now Jan 29, 2010 at 11:10 AM

I will be arriving in Cancun at 6 PM.

1. I would like to take the ADO 1st class bus from Cancun to Merida. Can I take the bus directly from the airport? If not, what is the best way to get to the bus station?

2. Is it safe for a single woman to take the 4 hour bus trip at night?

3. I'd prefer to take a private car, or taxi. Does anyone know of an inexspensive (less than100 US) way that I could do this?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and help!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • ileanardz's Profile Photo

Re: Cancun Bus Stop & Travel in the Yucatan

by ileanardz Online Now Jan 29, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Hi Lady.

When you arrived to Cancun airport you can take the shuttle bus from there (It cost around 30 pesos, 2.5 USD) It will leave you in the Bus Station. There you can buy your ADO Cancun-Merida Ticket.

It is pretty safe to travel at night, but be sure to take a taxi when you get Merida, beacause is gonna be late. Merida is small so I do not think it will be expensive. Anyway when you take the taxi ask before how much will cost to your travel destination.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Gatopardo's Profile Photo

Re: Cancun Bus Stop & Travel in the Yucatan

by Gatopardo Online Now Jan 29, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Great tip! It's exactly what you have to do.

It's okay for you to arrive to Merida late and 6 pm is a good hour to arrive to Cancun. Now, about the bus to Merida: it's a lot better if you arrive to Fiesta Americana bus terminal in Merida than CAME. If you take the ride to CAME, the taxis will be right at the door of the bus station.

The bus terminals in Merida are in the central part of the city, check yucatantoday.com for some local maps, so you see how far you are from your final destination.

Oh! Make sure you have some pesos with you for the bus and the taxi!

• Re: Cancun Bus Stop & Travel in the Yucatan

by Ladyplus Online Now Feb 5, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Thank you both for your great help, it's much appreciated.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines