Mérida Travel Answers

change location

Renting Kayaks

by Kate222 Online Now Oct 18, 2007 at 2:33 PM

HI, I will be in Chelem/Chuburna/Progreso area for 3 weeks in Feb 08 and would like to rent a kayak for a few days that I could keep at the beach house we are renting. Is there a place in Progreso that rents them out for a few days at a time?

Thanks, Kathy

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Gatopardo's Profile Photo

Re: Renting Kayaks

by Gatopardo Online Now Oct 18, 2007 at 4:08 PM

Hi,

Good question, sometimes you could find people near the Malecon of Progreso renting equipment, sometimes they rent boats.

Well, I found this website from somebody in Merida, they actually rent kayaks:
    http://www.adventuretours.com.mx

If the previous clues don't work for you, I can think of two more ideas:

Idea No. 1 - Email the guys of http://www.ecoyuc.com/ they have kayak tours, they rent bikes as well, they might find interesting the kayak rental business when you let them know your needs.

Idea No. 2 - Drop an email to the ex-patriate community, try www.meridainsider.com I am pretty sure somebody there will know or maybe will be willing to rent their own boats. Most of this friends live near the beach either in Progreso, Chelem, Chuburna, Chicxulub, etc...

Good luck!!!

Saray

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • telchacsusan's Profile Photo

Re: Renting Kayaks

by telchacsusan Online Now Oct 20, 2007 at 8:34 AM

There are a couple of kayak rental places in progreso - I don't know if they would rent them long-term, but you can always ask! One is just west of the intersection of the highway to Merida and the coast road. Another is east of town, just at the last turn-off into Progreso from the coast road. You might also check with Marina Silcer in Chicxulub.
    See yucatantoday.com/culture/eng... for more info

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines