Mérida Travel Answers

change location

Bus from Cancun Int'l to Merida

by Kate222 Online Now Oct 15, 2007 at 10:49 PM

I will be staying in Chelem area in Feb. but will have company arriving at Cancun Int'l midway thru my stay. What is the easiest way to have them bus to either Merida or Progreso? Or should I do the 6hr return drive to pick them up?
Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Gatopardo's Profile Photo

Re: Bus from Cancun Int'l to Merida

by Gatopardo Online Now Oct 16, 2007 at 8:43 AM

Hi,

Do you have a car?
    If I was you, if I have the time and the car, I would go to Cancun and pick them up. If not...

I would say to pick your friend in Merida. It's about 1 hour to drive from Chelem to Merida.
    Have the person take the airport shuttle to Cancun bus terminal, then to Merida Fiesta Americana terminal (1 block from Paseo Montejo). Meet there and drive to Chelem. You can park inside the Fiesta Americana.

Key words in Spanish: Donde esta el camion a la terminal de autobuses? Where is the bus to the bus terminal?

Cuanto cuesta el boleto a Merida? Cuando sale? How much for the ticket to Merida? When does it leave?

1. There is a suttle from Cancun Airport to the bus station, it's unexpensive.

2. Buses to Merida Fiesta Americana or ADO are very comfortable and they have departures often. www.ticketbus.com.mx

3. The bus terminal from Merida Progreso is 1 block and half from the Plaza Grande, you need to ride a taxi from your bus station if you are bringing too much luggage. It's in walking distance if you have light luggage and use ADO Terminal. It's a bit confusing when you are just arriving to the cities, all the streets look the same. See www.yucatantoday.com for free maps of the city.

4. The bus will drop the person in downtown Progreso, to visit Chelem they might need to ride one of the colectivos.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Redlats's Profile Photo

Re: Bus from Cancun Int'l to Merida

by Redlats Online Now Oct 16, 2007 at 10:19 AM

I was going to answer this too, but no need, just follow Zahari's instructions.

If you have a vehicle and don't fancy the drive to Cancun, at least pick them up at the ADO bus depot in Merida. We had some fun getting from the ADO bus terminal to the Progreso bus terminal with our luggage when we made a similar trip.

• Re: Bus from Cancun Int'l to Merida

by LawsonWilliam Online Now Jan 23, 2009 at 10:48 AM

You'll find the day to be exhausting - driving there and back in one day. I would suggest the ADO bus to Merida; have them arrive at the Fiesta Americana terminal where you can pick them up easily. They will arrive rested and happy; the bus is VERY comfortable!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines