Mérida Travel Answers

change location

Luz en Yucatan

by ChrisTeeDee Online Now Feb 12, 2006 at 12:39 PM

We are staying in Merida for the first time and at the Luz en Yucatan. Does anyone have any info on this place? We have heard it is a nice place that used to be a nunnery at one time.

47 Days and counting

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • perfecto's Profile Photo

RE: Luz en Yucatan

by perfecto Online Now Feb 15, 2006 at 2:44 PM

Yes, you're right. Merida is very nice colonial town, you will enjoy it. Besides it, you can visit Chichen Itza or Uxmal, which are beautifull and most favorit tourist destinations in the country.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Gatopardo's Profile Photo

by Gatopardo Online Now Mar 7, 2006 at 6:39 PM

It's a nice hostel. I work for a real estate company and have clients staying there, i have never heard a complain. It's an old colonial-mexican style home, well, set as hotel now. It has pretty good location, prices are good and the place has this casual enviroment, complety relaxed.

More questions?

Z

• redhed29's Profile Photo

by redhed29 Online Now Mar 15, 2007 at 6:17 PM

I stayed at the Luz en Yucatan for 2 months a couple of years ago. I've been back many times for weekends since then.

It is truly a wonderful experience staying at the Luz. Like nothing else. I would spend every winter there if time allowed. The location is so perfect...right in the heart of the city. Once thru the doors at the Luz, it is like an oasis. So peaceful and charming.

I'm sure you will enjoy it as well as the great city of Merida.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines