Mérida Travel Answers

change location
karinaek's Profile Photo

bus schedule

by karinaek Online Now Mar 3, 2007 at 5:12 PM

hello there. i am currently visiting maracaibo, and i want to take an over night bus ride to merida on a thursday evening. does anyone have a schedule for the bus? thanks for your time!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • atufft's Profile Photo

RE: bus schedule

by atufft Online Now Mar 3, 2007 at 7:29 PM

Sorry I can't help you but I've taken the bus to Merida before. I can't recall how I learned the schedule. But, there should be several buses daily to Merida from Maracaibo. You may have to go to the station to learn this a day or so ahead of time. Make sure you buy the ticket from the company kiosk after inspecting the waiting bus. Don't buy from the guys standing near the bus. Good luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: bus schedule

by idcani Online Now Nov 26, 2008 at 1:35 PM

I am facing a similar situation. does anyone know of the names of any bus going from Maracaibo to Merida? I have a tight schedule when I arrive and can't afford the time to check out the schedule one day in advance and hope to be able to check the schedule online. thanks!!!

• atufft's Profile Photo

Re: bus schedule

by atufft Online Now Nov 28, 2008 at 1:03 PM

The central bus terminal has a variety of bus companies and classes of ridership that can be surveyed by inspecting the buses before you purchase a ticket (unless they have increased security now). Buy the ticket at the kiosk inside the terminal though, not out on the dock from a salesperson there. There are many ticket scams possible if away from the standard ticketing window. No doubt buses go several times a day between Maracaibo and Merida.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Mérida